over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much carbs while bulking?

How many carbs do you eat while bulking?

• 200g-300g

Votes: 62 19.8%
  • 300g-400g

Votes: 100 31.9%
  • 400g-500g

Votes: 79 25.2%
  • 500g-600g

Votes: 35 11.2%
  • 600g +

Votes: 37 11.8%

• Total voters

scottswald

Registered
I usually have 600-700 grams of carbs when bulking, because i think thats what suits me, but does it suit me?.......... I have always told myself this works well for me because i "feel" big on this but im now facing the reality that even though i feel big and full while eating like this, i have got a bit of a belly on me and very little abs most of the time.

so as i am now trying big A's method of 500g protein a day i think it's a good time to cut the carbs down.

I am thinking of dropping it to 60g per meal so 360g non training days and 450g on training days.

I know its differant for everybody but my question is how many do you eat when bulking?

I'm starting my bulk @ 370g carbs. As my weight increases and progress stalls, the carbs will increase. I wound up at 500g @ 208lbs BW during my last bulker.

usually at least 50% of the total calories, so depending on what i use thats mostly around 500-800g.

last bulk was probably about 700g on average, 300g prot and around 150g fat.

im bloated as fuck on anything above 300g carbs so i usually go all out with the carbs and just accept the bloat. bulking on <300g carbs would make no sense to me, plus i couldnt eat enough fats to make up for the calories (plus i think that carbs are the most anabolic substance known to man).

I voted, but my shit isnt valid b/c i have been at the same weight for almost 2 months and eating way to many calories for that to happen. so......I have no idea what I am talking about

usually at least 50% of the total calories, so depending on what i use thats mostly around 500-800g.

last bulk was probably about 700g on average, 300g prot and around 150g fat.

im bloated as fuck on anything above 300g carbs so i usually go all out with the carbs and just accept the bloat. bulking on <300g carbs would make no sense to me, plus i couldnt eat enough fats to make up for the calories (plus i think that carbs are the most anabolic substance known to man).

If you don't mind me asking....what was most of that 700g???..Im starting bulk next week and looking for all the quality calories i can get....as much as i'd love to get to that number i'm not sure if i can....did you take anything like Karbolyn to increase your carb numbers?

Anymore than 300-400g a day and I get fat pretty quickly, but that is with plenty of fats. I could eat less fat and get away with more carbs I suppose.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

If you don't mind me asking....what was most of that 700g???..Im starting bulk next week and looking for all the quality calories i can get....as much as i'd love to get to that number i'm not sure if i can....did you take anything like Karbolyn to increase your carb numbers?

no i dont take carb supps/shakes at all, i like eating, lol.
i kept it mostly clean in the beginning but i was on tren and some peptides and after a while i realized there was no need to eat clean, so in the end i got like half my carbs from ice cream (i only eat high GI carbs a few hours after working out though, and i eat low GI carbs or just fat/protein until my workout to avoid blood sugar spikes pre workout).

i pretty much ate GH15 style and for me it worked pretty well. i dont believe in the whole eating clean thing for bodybuilding purposes. insulin sensitivity and health reasons are a different story but i also fast 14-16 hours a day so my insulin sensitivity is kept in good ranges despite the high GI carbs i guess.

I can deal with a relatively high amount of carbs, I have gone as high as a 1000 grms a day but usually Im at 700.

I've been "offseason" since mid may.. Right now I am eating the most I have so far this offseason, on training days I am having 195g carbs and on off days I am having 30g carbs.

I've been "offseason" since mid may.. Right now I am eating the most I have so far this offseason, on training days I am having 195g carbs and on off days I am having 30g carbs.

Really? I eat 166 grams on my low days and 226 on my high days when dieting?
Are you gaining a lot of size?

Just off season right? Not bulking.?

I start with 1.5g protein per pound of body weight and 3/4 gram fat per pound of body weight as my base calories then i add carbs in their as needed to up the calories.

I honestly top out at maybe 350-400g a day

Really? I eat 166 grams on my low days and 226 on my high days when dieting?
Are you gaining a lot of size?

I am gaining muscle, everyone around me who sees me on a regular basis say this is the biggest I have ever been.. I have some progress pictures in the members photos section, if you would like to look.

Just off season right? Not bulking.?

I am "lean bulking" I guess you could say... I'm trying to gain muscle, stay somewhat lean, and improve my metabolism.

Would you guys be eating this high amt on a everyday basis or cycling them? If eating them straight there is no way I could do more then 350-400 max without turning into a marshmallow.

In the past I went up really high on my carbs...like 400+ grams per day (at around 200lbs), and all it did was make me fatter. Personally I dont see the point of excess carbs. Clearly carbs are necessary for growth, but that doesn't mean taking in more than you need = more growth. In my experience, as long as I am keeping my glycogen stores full, i.e. I qualitatively feel good and have energy, I don't see the need for so many carbs. We are bodybuilders, not endurance athletes. I cannot imagine anyone honestly needing 500g of carbs per day to keep glycogen topped out. Maybe someone enormous. If you're taking gear and you want to grow more, just bump up your fat and protein. Just my opinion, but I've seen it happen to plenty of other people too--eat tons of carbs and get sloppier than you need to without extra commensurate growth. I really don't see the need for any more then 2x BW in grams of carbs per day at most. Want to grow more, eat more protein and fat.

Around 300-400 a day on training days. I backload them though, it's protein/fat for all meals up until pre-workout, then it's 50 g carbs. Then after workout I take in 100g or so per meal for the following 2-3 meals.

In the past I went up really high on my carbs...like 400+ grams per day (at around 200lbs), and all it did was make me fatter. Personally I dont see the point of excess carbs. Clearly carbs are necessary for growth, but that doesn't mean taking in more than you need = more growth. In my experience, as long as I am keeping my glycogen stores full, i.e. I qualitatively feel good and have energy, I don't see the need for so many carbs. We are bodybuilders, not endurance athletes. I cannot imagine anyone honestly needing 500g of carbs per day to keep glycogen topped out. Maybe someone enormous. If you're taking gear and you want to grow more, just bump up your fat and protein. Just my opinion, but I've seen it happen to plenty of other people too--eat tons of carbs and get sloppier than you need to without extra commensurate growth. I really don't see the need for any more then 2x BW in grams of carbs per day at most. Want to grow more, eat more protein and fat.

whats the purpose of that?
carbs are definitely more anabolic than fats because they cause greater insulin secretion. the goal of bulking is to add as much muscle as possible, i dont see anyone adding as much muscle or less fat on 300g of fat instead of 600g of carbs...

carbs are definitely more anabolic than fats because they cause greater insulin secretion. the goal of bulking is to add as much muscle as possible, i dont see anyone adding as much muscle or less fat on 300g of fat instead of 600g of carbs...

You can eat 150g carbs a day and still get plenty of insulin secretion. 30g carbs every 3 hours for 5 meals, just an example.. Also, insulin is more useful/beneficial at certain times of the day.

If you have a roaring metabolism, more than likely you will have to eat more and more carbs to be able to keep up. Not everyone needs it though, and for the people who are carb sensitive there are better ways of dieting until they adapt and what not.

You secrete insulin all day long on high carbs and your sensitivity will get worse over time. Some people can get away with it but I tend to stick to under 300g if using same amount of carbs daily or just carb cycle

You secrete insulin all day long on high carbs and your sensitivity will get worse over time. Some people can get away with it but I tend to stick to under 300g if using same amount of carbs daily or just carb cycle

well, when im bulking i still fast for 14-16 hours a day so thats not a problem to me. i still get in my 700g carbs :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity