over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GRITS vs OATMEAL

BOOMSHAKER

Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have been eating oatmeal for so long I think I am a piece of oatmeal! LOL Few days ago I switched to some instant grits. They're quick to make and easy to digest. I have three whole hard boiled eggs with them. So i get some quick carbs and protein for breakfast. I eat pretty lean most of time anyway. Anyone see a problem with switching to grits in the morning for a few weeks?

Also, want to switch on and off from rice in the evening to grits. Mostly because I have dinner sometimes too late in the evening. Good? Bad?

As long as digest it well I don't see a problem with it.

I rotate rice,qrits,cream of wheat and oatmeal.

Get some artificial flavoring from true protein and you'll never get bored with oats ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

That is what I use [vanilla flavor]and add in some raisins and cinnamon.

What is grits? Where I'm from we don't get that unless it's under a different name. I always assumed oats and grits were the same thing

If oats bloat you up or you have digestive issues, I would HIGHLY reccomend Cream of Rice , it's just like cream of wheat or malt o meal except less refined. I notice for me it digests extremely well , in fact so well that I actually use it in the morning as my preworkout meal . Usually I would use oats but I would always feel bloated and I just didn't seem to function to well with it in my stomach so close to a workout since I workout about 30 mins after my breakfast, the cream of rice doesn't give me this feeling at all.

Depending on what I feel like eating I either throw in some powdered peanut butter , or regular peanut butter, or if I'm not eating a direct protein source with the meal then ill just throw in a scoop of protein powder after its done cooking.

I loves me some oatmeal..... Cracker Barrel has a Sugar Free Maple syrup thats out of this world.... i drizzle a lit bit and it feels like im eating a bowl of pancakes.... if you have access to a CB i suggest giving it a try

I loves me some oatmeal..... Cracker Barrel has a Sugar Free Maple syrup thats out of this world.... i drizzle a lit bit and it feels like im eating a bowl of pancakes.... if you have access to a CB i suggest giving it a try

Here ya go.

Get some artificial flavoring from true protein and you'll never get bored with oats ;)

I put vanilla protein powder & cinnamon in my old fashion oatmeal.

Grits are a ground corn food of Native American origin. More common in the Southern United States and mainly eaten at breakfast. Modern grits are commonly made of alkali-treated corn known as hominy.

Instant grits have been processed to speed cooking. No respectable southerner would use instant grits. Take time to cook and add milk and low fat mozzarella cheese to give better taste.

But as far as low glycemic pre workout meal I'd go with oatmeal. I can't get through dead lifts or squats without having had sweet potatoes or oatmeal prior to lifts.

Last edited:
What is grits? Where I'm from we don't get that unless it's under a different name. I always assumed oats and grits were the same thing

It's a southern thing. U prolly won't find them anywhere else in the states.

Grits fuckin rock !!!

cheesy grits with some small boiled shrimp is a souther classic , that shit is so good if you put it on top of your head your tounge will beat your brains out trying to get to them!!

Grits are made from ground dryed corn , they are very starchy and probably cause a bigger insulin spike but eating some whole eggs will greatly blunt that effect.
I don't digest oats or brown rice will so i like grits and cream of rice

mmmmmm....cheese grits:)

Damn that sounds good I'm going to try this.

Ahhh. Now I get what this stuff is. In South Africa here we call this mielie pap. It's part of the staple diet of the indigenous tribes. You can buy 10lb bags of it for nothing at the supermarket.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity