over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Making fish taste good. Ideas?

miamipro

Registered
How do you cook your fish. Can't stand eating fish but it's a staple in most of my contest prep diet. Anyone have any good seasonings they use to help get it down?

Bake tilapia.... season with olive oil, salt, pepper, a little garlic powder. Before cooking slice up lemons and place the tilapia filets in baking dish with the sliced lemon on top... bake at 350 till flaky...

eat with hot sauce if you like

I bake my for the most part , 5-6 pounds tilapia at a time and season it with Zatarans Cajun seasoning and a little garlic powder

on a big cooking sheet spray with a very light coat of Pam , sprinkle a decient layer of Cajun seasoning on he pan and lay the fish "fleshy" side down , then sprinkle a little garlic powder on the top "skin side" , bake at 400 deg for 20-25 min (less for smaller filets) or until they just star to get a little firm

or you can pan sear the pieces if you don't mind cooking for each meal , they are much better this way
lightly season both sides of the fish , get a skillet hot just to the point where EVOO starts to smoke and drop the fish in it and just lightly sear both sides

I forgot to mention... Rinse your filets under cold water for a bit to get rid of some of the slime... takes away fishy taste

I forgot to mention... Rinse your filets under cold water for a bit to get rid of some of the slime... takes away fishy taste

very good point , forgot to mention it too , it's just automatic when I take them out of the pack

1 cup each
Diced Mango
diced Pineapple
2 tbsp diced red pepper
2 tbsp diced red onion
1 tbsp frech chopped cilantro

Mix that up as a fresh fruit salsa topping.

Take your fish
lightly coat with coconut oil
salt and pepper to taste
sautee until flakey

top with fruit salsa
drizzle the following
Whisk together
1 tsp Siricha hot sauce
juice of 2 limes
2 tbsp olive oil mayo or smartbalance omega mayo

You wont taste the fish especially something like mahi.

Remember fish bought in a supermarket is likely a few weeks old and sold as "fresh". So only buy IQF (individually quick frozen) if your not using it that day or "fresh" if you plan on using it immediately.

When mine are finished baking i throw some fresh jalapenos in there for fire flavor. Sometimes i use Cajun seasoning.

Lemon pepper and or "Mojo" marinade.

10pzqci.jpg

if your cooking fish that needs flavor to disguise the taste you are eating the wrong fish.
tuna
wahoo
swordfish
mahi
snapper
cobia

these are all staples in my diet. (self caught). most of them i will eat raw but when i di cook them i use only salt and pepper. ;)

Bake tilapia.... season with olive oil, salt, pepper, a little garlic powder. Before cooking slice up lemons and place the tilapia filets in baking dish with the sliced lemon on top... bake at 350 till flaky...

eat with hot sauce if you like

x2. This exactly.

Love eating fish. Try olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, cracked black pepper, mixed together. Place fish in tin-foil, drizzle mixture over fish, then make a pouch. Place on bbq or in oven for about 15mins, depending on type and thickness of fish, and enjoy. Simple healthy meal.

yeah i can eat petrale sole with just a little bit of lemon on it, real tasty super easy....

there's a packet of seasoning you can buy.. it's made by ranch and used to make one of their dips .. fiesta ranch i believe..

Sprinkle that on some tilapia with a squeeze of lemon ... MONEY!

I bake my basa in the oven using parchment paper and put mrs.dash on it :D

Salmon Cakes

Easy, portable, and very tasty.

Salmon Cakes (makes 6 3.5" patties)

1 15 oz. can wild Alaskan salmon with bones, drained
2 eggs
2 TB minced fresh parsley
2 TB finely sliced green onions
1/2 tsp. sea salt
A sprinkle of granulated garlic to taste
Other herbs/seasonings to taste
Fat/oil for frying

Mix all the ingredients well and form into 6 patties (or 8 small ones) and
fry in a generous amount of oil until golden and crispy on each side.

I am not a fan of tillapia -Cod is better quality fish but that IMO ADD onion powder, garlic powder, black crushed pepper with also Creole Seasoning cook in a little coconut oil or grapeseed oil or if you like olive oil a little of that to cook it in in the bottom of pan when done put malt vinegar or red wine vinegar on top or Lemon Juice.... For Salmon bake in aluminum foil use same seasonings add rosmerry to and add the lemon juice in foil while cooking cook at 350until done. That way you are not adding BS to the fish to make unhealthy.

You can kill any fishy taste with strong enough hot sauce. Plus the caspin crystals are known to speed metabolism.

Ol Bay.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner