over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MBA

SteveRogers

Registered
Anyone here have their MBA?

If so, what age did you get it? Feel it's even worth the money/time? Better to get it at a younger age or wait until you have considerable work experience?

I have one in banking/finance. Got it after several years of working. It def opened up many doors for me that would otherwise remain closed in my field. Offered me the opportunity to work abroad too. One of the best experiences of my life, to live abroad that it :)

Anyone here have their MBA?

If so, what age did you get it? Feel it's even worth the money/time? Better to get it at a younger age or wait until you have considerable work experience?

The best I can say is it will not hurt you. So many factors you left out. I feel there is very little chance its' not worth the money or the time if you are one inquisitive enough to ask this question. What are your goals? What industry? What is your age? What level program will you qualify for? Are we talking Ivy League, or top 20 schools?

Will you be working in state? If so state schools fair better than they will if you wish to be more national, etc. What is the cost? Cash or credit. Two things: 1. Give more info and we give better answers. 2. Go on Reddit where this is debated to death and beyond.

I have my MBA... I got it because my employer paid for it. I got a little bonus upon completion but it's honestly par for the course in a business field now.

You need a combination relevant experience with demonstrated results ANd the education.... Unless you've really been somewhere for a long time.

I was 26 when I completed mine.

Last edited:
Is an MBA worthwhile? Yes. Would I finance it? No. IMO up to a bachelor's degree is ok to finance to get into a career field. Then if you are successful and manage your finds right you pay off your debt. A master's degree should only be financed if it is virtually guaranteed it will lead to a significantly better opportunity for you. If you're just getting it for the sake of having an MBA you should be able to pay for it outright or as you go.

Turned 25 yesterday. Working for a health insurance company as a pharmacy analyst. Within my company the pharma department is the hardest to get into. I've been with the company 2.5 years. On my third position, both I got executive approval to take early so current goal is senior analyst within 2 years, manager within 5.

Company pays a portion, to be honest haven't looked into what portion exactly they reimburse. I would do it part time so within Pittsburgh I have Carnegie Mellon as a top choice, Pitt/penn state as back up.

Goals long term: my strengths are analytics and information systems, degree in economics. I really do enjoy working for my current company but working for a pharmaceutical company or a technology company would be preferred. Slightly torn between seeing myself in management or a consultant but ultimately I know management is where I want to be.

I just see a lot of people my age get a MBA early (most immediately after undergrad) and still ended up with entry level jobs. Seems that MBA will always be undervalued because they got it with zero experience

Mba observation Master of Business Administration effects your work and salary too .a many corporations required mba for better performance it's a best way to gain knowledge about finance and marketing too.i was 22 years old when i complete mba .it's a suitable age and you get easily job on the basis of mba.

Two, actually damn...almost three years ago I was accepted into the MBA program at one of the top canadian schools. The job market was a bit slow, I wasn't trying hard enough to find work in my field but also tired of working on the rigs and had kind of applied out of the blue...

Long story short...coincidentally my current employer contacted me within 48hrs of my acceptance to the MBA program and interviewed me the same afternoon. I left with an offer for nearly as much money as I was making on the rigs, and a considerable upgrade from the mud to a desk

At this particular job the MBA wouldn't make a difference, but now that I'm starting to feel restless again I know having that in my back pocket would be quite valuable along with my now half-dozen years of industry experience...the timing wasn't right to get it before and I'm glad I took this job

TLDR; I think it can be worth your own money, but certainly better if someone (your employer) funds you and provided you have some (I'd say 5+) years of solid experience it's going to be a door opener, as mentioned.

Fresh out of your undergrad degree though - no. Not worth your money, or your time (imo) even if someone else wanted to pay...

Mba observation Master of Business Administration effects your work and salary too .a many corporations required mba for better performance it's a best way to gain knowledge about finance and marketing too.i was 22 years old when i complete mba .it's a suitable age and you get easily job on the basis of mba.

I see that your MBA certainly didn't AFFECT your command of the English language...

Matters where you are going. More than half of Wall Street could give two shit about a MBA and prefer work experience

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Matters where you are going. More than half of Wall Street could give two shit about a MBA and prefer work experience

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Very true. My wife works in education. One definitely needs a graduate degree for any upward mobility. She went back 10 years ago for her MA and also her Principal certification. It was worth it.

Mba

I have my mba. Unless your current company will pay for at least half of the cost, skip it. I found certifications more beneficial vs a structured graduate degree. I work in healthcare consulting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

best benefit of mba.
Higher salary
Better career opportunities
Better consolidated business network
New skill and knowledge acquisition
A holistic perspective over the business world

brookdale urgent care
Do u have one or are u just trying to increase your post count? I'd say an accounting designation or law degree is much more beneficial in business.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner