over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Opening a Training Facility

ridge11

Registered
I am at the beginning stages of opening a training facility and I am looking for some help. I am currently an independent trainer at a gym and out of my home. Due to increasing pressure to become the head trainer at my gym I started to look for an exit plan. I stumbled upon an excellent opportunity in the process, and will be opening a 3400 sq ft. training facility with 5 trainers working for me. I will probably have constant questions, and be asking for advice consistently.

My first question is, if employed trainers bring their clients to my facility will there be legal implications for me? What are the legal implications for the trainers?

I am at the beginning stages of opening a training facility and I am looking for some help. I am currently an independent trainer at a gym and out of my home. Due to increasing pressure to become the head trainer at my gym I started to look for an exit plan. I stumbled upon an excellent opportunity in the process, and will be opening a 3400 sq ft. training facility with 5 trainers working for me. I will probably have constant questions, and be asking for advice consistently.

My first question is, if employed trainers bring their clients to my facility will there be legal implications for me? What are the legal implications for the trainers?

this depends on how their contracts are setup.

well before opening a buisness

a brick and morter i would set aside 1000-2000 bucks hire a lawyer to write your contracts there is stuff you wouldn't even think about you can get sued for let alone non compete clauses good luck
Experience: dad francise owner/ 1st year law student

Last edited:
a brick and morter i would set aside 1000-2000 bucks hire a lawyer to write your contracts there is stuff you wouldn't even think about you can get sued for let alone non compete clauses good luck

good advice here^^^^

this depends on how their contracts are setup.

Agreed, after signing a few of these myself for my clients I train at their gyms. The contract or "release form" basically states you are using said gym, to train said person, and neither the gym or owners or any of its family or affiliates are to be held responsible for any accident that should fall upon said trainer or said client.

The gym is basically saying "we aint responsible for shit" and by having both trainer and client sing the form this lets the gym off the hook.

Agreed, after signing a few of these myself for my clients I train at their gyms. The contract or "release form" basically states you are using said gym, to train said person, and neither the gym or owners or any of its family or affiliates are to be held responsible for any accident that should fall upon said trainer or said client.

The gym is basically saying "we aint responsible for shit" and by having both trainer and client sing the form this lets the gym off the hook.

Exactly:yeahthat:

Thought I would check in and see how your new venture going?

A definitely hire a lawyer, a lot of them will talk to you and answer ur questions for free but you are gonna have to hire one to write up your contracts unless you have a friend that's a lawyer and would helP you out for no cost.:)

Ridge,

I owned/operated/sold a 2,500 member club for 15 years.
Same with a PT Center for 8 years.

My rule - not allowed. all people have to be members of your club and charged for it. That's how you build your EFT base.
The PT part is an additional cost, which you should take 50% of and be sure
to rotate them around with different trainers.
A a HUGE POINT. All trainers do the exact same workout, designed by you.
They aren't allowed to do their own thing.
So if a trainer gets sick or fired, his presense won't be a loss, because an another trainer does the exact same thing.

Or think of it this way. Unless you are doing 50 apt a week and putting all that into expenses, you may barely break even. So now you have to relie on other people's performances to make money. Too risky.
That is why you have to charge at least $30 per month for a minimum of 12 months for every member.
I'm guessing at this. But say your expenses before you take a penny are $10,000 month. You would need 350 members just to break even.

If you want to reach me for any help, go to my THINK TANK thread and ask there.

Peace,

Mack

::

:yeahthat:, good luck

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear