advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much money would you need to retire?

TeknoViking

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just curious as to what peoples answers are. retire and live comfortably.

An even mil. With that, you can dump it all into high div, stable stocks and live comfortably off the yearly dividends.

As soon as my first paycheck out of college hit. Try piling in the money into your 401k early. Learn to live on less and you won't miss that 10% of every check you put away for retirement.

monthly cash flow 20k

Most people don't make $250 I a year:) I could live a very comfortable and modest lifestyle at between 100-150I per year. My son and I did well in that income range for the last few years. If I retired I could devote more time to working with ergopep and conquerimg the world of peptides:)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I hate to admit it, i don't think its a positive attribute for me, but i think i will always view money the same way i view my body: I am happy with where I am at now, but I am not satisfied, I always want to progress

depends when you want to retire and what kind of lifestyle you want to live when you retire. travel? sit at home / be with family? relocate? etc.. i would probably say a couple that wants to have a decent standard of living needs around 1.5-2 million.. uninvested. invested, probably 1-1.5 million if you are getting around a 7-10% return

I feel that with no other income coming in around 2.5-3 million and I could retire without a job. I am 33 right now and in thirty years things I am sure will cost a whole lot more than they do now. I have been saving/investing since I was 16 years old and have a long way to go.

Just curious as to what peoples answers are. retire and live comfortably.
Well that depends on 2 things:
What your definition of "Comfort" is and
What does it cost you now to live day to day... adjust for inflation per year and there's your answer.:)

Hoping to have 2.5mil and NO major bills (loans) outstanding. This should work for me. Now, if the market takes a dive before I retire, I am SOL!

Not taking into account inflation/deflation ---> currency change for when I move out of the country....

20-25K a month for expenses, preferably 10 mill to live steadily off of dividends/interest/tbill accumulation.

Depends on when you retire. If I were to retire now I would still have a mortgage, children to put through college and many years of life left (hopefully). To retire at 'retirement' age I would need significantly less. I think the general rule is if you have little or no debt you should be able to live the same lifestyle on about 1/3 the income.

Dont think Im going to live until retirement age.

So not much. :eek:

monthly cash flow 20k

I make just a bit over that a year.

And I live comfortably.

Curious... why you'd need so much when you would be that age?
Considering by that age... you "shouldnt" have any real debt or bills.

Im 27 btw

Last edited:
I make just a bit over that a year.

And I live comfortably.

Curious... why you'd need so much when you would be that age?
Considering by that age... you "shouldnt" have any real debt or bills.

Im 27 btw

Money goes out the window FAST man especially if you are a big traveler. Travel, rent, mortgage, etc etc etc...

Im 24 and after travel etc after taxes I'm right around 120K just for expenses right now. Very large chunk of that is travel for pleasure though.

Also have to remember geographic location and then quality of life expectations etc...

Last edited:
Money goes out the window FAST man especially if you are a big traveler. Travel, rent, mortgage, etc etc etc...

Im 24 and after travel etc after taxes I'm right around 120K just for expenses right now. Very large chunk of that is travel for pleasure though.

Also have to remember geographic location and then quality of life expectations etc...

That's an impressive wage to make at 24 good for you bro!!
what kind of work do you do??

10 mil. To truly retire and not do anything else but live off dividends and manage investments. I would never have it all in cash in one currency or in country though.

That's an impressive wage to make at 24 good for you bro!!
what kind of work do you do??

Provide contractual services to various LE, military, and federal agencies/board of directors for four of our firms. (fancy title, I really just negotiate contracts for our firms on the side). And thank you sir.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws