over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

wanting to go back to school..advice?

beans

Registered
well I'm in my early 20s and want to return to college but don't know exactly what I should pursue...I had a year of CC down but had to get a job since I was kicked out of my parents home. I've been working since then but its a dead end job. they pay great for my area(50k year) but its labor and I know I can't do it forever. I was thinking about returning and going for a degree in business management but unsure if I'll make a decent living with that under my belt. Any advice would be great. Thanks

I wish I knew..I mean I enjoy helping people any way I can, fishing, and lifting. I haven't experienced too much since I'm not that old and haven't been able to financially until now.

I would not go back to school until I was sure what I wanted to do.

Why not just start a business instead?

I don't have the funds to do that at the moment. I really wanted to be an architect but since the housing market is down I don't really see the point. I've also thought of opening a gym but then again no funds and in my area there isn't enough money for people to really afford a quality gym.

It depends on the market you are in, if you are interested in architecture, some places are hiring still. However open positions are usually somewhat limited. Also, if you get a degree, its going to take you 4 or so years right? Market may be down now, but you can fully predict the market in 4 years or when you graduate.

If you like helping people, have you considered going into the medical field? The market for that is pretty well and continues to grow steadily over the years.

What were you studying in your CC?

My advice to you is to take a few classes maybe one or two each semester till you figure it out so at least your still knocking out your general ed. you can take an 8 week online class at most schools so you could do 2 of those a semester it should not be that tough.

My advice to you is to take a few classes maybe one or two each semester till you figure it out so at least your still knocking out your general ed. you can take an 8 week online class at most schools so you could do 2 of those a semester it should not be that tough.

Great advice here.

thanks guys...I was going for business admistration when I was in CC. I'm going to take teknos advice and knock out some general classes. I've thought of medical field as a pharmacist but haven't really researched it.

If I was you I would just get in school first, part time or full time whatever you can afford. Take your general studies courses ie Fresh Comp1 and 2 , college algebra, Ect. Thats at least a years worth of work. Talk with the schools counseler. The older you get the harder it gets due to family, and life demands.

hey bro...just saw your post. i have my BA in business. i work construction now. the business world is so tough these days. think about this...the state of ohio has some 40 different colleges and universitys in it. most run on semesters. so say The University of XYZ is graduating 2,300 it's sping semester....and there's 30-40 schools graduating those numbers in OHIO alone....all with BA degree's....in my opinion, now-a-days, a BA college degree is like having a HS degree. every1 has it. my advice is to RUN YOUR OWN COMPANY, get a higher level of degree (MS, Phd), or find a skilled trade that nobody can take away from you...maybe a union trade...nobody can take away an education, but to get a phd now is over $150k+ in student loans...good luck finding a job....

u say u like to help people huh? ever think about becoming a special education teacher? MALE SPECIAL ED TEACHERS are IN VERY HIGH DEMAND!

I agree with the above poster who said that having a BA is like having a HS diploma now days.
If I were you I would do two things. Research in your area what fields are growing, or if you don't mind moving forget it. Then get your ass back in community college and learn a trade or get diploma in something that will get you a job.

I have an AAS degree and make more than many people with masters.
If you like helping people any of the allied health fields would be a good option. People have caught on though in the last five years or so and a lot of programs have long waitlists or are harder to get into but its still worth it.
By allied health I mean things like nursing, respiratory therapy and radiologic technician.

Another good program would be a AAS in instrumentation or calibration. You can get jobs at factories or hospitals calibrating and upkeeping equipment. That is a big Buck job in the reaserch triangle park in NC. Places like Glaxo, phizer, etc hire people for that stuff.

Oh and I'd like to add that if you go to an accredited school(not ITT tech), and get good grades you can always get a higher degree later on. Many employers will pay all or part of your tuition if it advances you in their company.

going to try and bring this thread back..I've been thinking about it a lot and am really interested in a pharmaceutical degree. anyways I haven't really done much since I graduated high school so I need to brush up on all the general things. My question is, what would be the best way to go about refreshing my memory? I'll be starting my gen ed's the start of the new year. I don't want to go in and start failing classes.

Good advice....

Go into an engineering field super high demand and good money. My buddy just got a degree in petroleum engineering and was hired by an oil company before he graduated and they will pay for him to continue his education.

Nursing.

This can allow you to do Sales, IT, Sporting Events, Research, Teaching, Corrections, Psyche, Travel, and I can go on and on. Moreover, you can make really good money under the table since upper middle class families like to pay for the care of the elderly or kids with a chronic medical condition...and I don't mean a couple hundred per week.

A 2yr RN degree can get you started.

You have have to go on for your 4yr degree but after the 2yrs is completed...you can get your employer to pay the rest.

In this area...RNs start at $70 - $80k. $100 - $120k is not hard with OT.

I did 20yrs in the financial industry and changed careers.

well I'm in my early 20s and want to return to college but don't know exactly what I should pursue...I had a year of CC down but had to get a job since I was kicked out of my parents home. I've been working since then but its a dead end job. they pay great for my area(50k year) but its labor and I know I can't do it forever. I was thinking about returning and going for a degree in business management but unsure if I'll make a decent living with that under my belt. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Investing in your knowledge is the best thing to do.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131