advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is it possible to have a misdemeanor removed from your record ?

Fitness 500

Banned
I have a misdemeanor in New York and 2 in North Carolina and I have been seeing these ads from lawyers stating that they can have you record cleaned or expunged but I am a little skeptical.

I forgot about the one in New York as it was over 15 years ago and it came up on a background check my company did a few years ago.

Has anyone ever had a misdemeanor removed, cleaned, or expunged from their record ?

It depends on the state, how long ago, and what you did, should talk to a po and a lawyer. I know a kid that got his erased cost about 1200

hey bud,

i have 2 felonies and have looked into this type of stuff for a long time...for a misdemeanor i am pretty sure you can go down to the courthouse get some paper work fill it out and get it reduced if it has been a while and you have completed probation without any other things happening. or you can pay someone to fill out the paperwork for ya. it should not be that expensive.

my buddy said he had a paralegal do it for $125.

SOME misdemeanors can be expunged. SOME. I know where I live battery can not be expunged, but some others can. All depends on what the misdemeanor is and the state.

Misdemeanors absolutely, ultimatey it depends on the state. IE some states won't expunge violent crimes or domestic violence crimes.

Not in my state. I have to carry that shit around with me for the rest of my life. Thanks to a stupid sherif and a fucking lawyer.

Not in my state. I have to carry that shit around with me for the rest of my life. Thanks to a stupid sherif and a fucking lawyer.

I don't know your personal situation. But the correct statement is typically is thanks to my lapse in judgement. If you did something wrong, live with the consequences.

You can get a felony expunged only once, and it depends on what it is. Has to be non violent, etc. And you have to wait 5 years to do it. As for misdemeanors, I doubt you can get all 3 wiped clean. Again, depends on severity, etc. You actually can do this all yourself, you dont need an attorney. All expungements are is paperwork. You file them yourself, and then wait for the court date. Judge makes final call.. Attorneys can charge you upto $3-4k to help you. THen it might be in your best interest to hire one, especially if he/she is in with the judge presiding over your case..

Yes it is a process often referred to as a Pardon and/or expungement.

You can have misdemeanors and Felonies pardoned..It is an application and fee and paperwork as well. There is a time limit dependent on your charge and current status.

It varies state to state, do a web search of your State judicial department and look up pardons and expungements.

you must live in texas?

I had a felony arrest with deferred. Completed that years ago with no problem but the arrest still showed up so I just hired a firm to get my record sealed. In TX. Its costing me 1800. That includes removing it from 500 data bases. It takes any where from 5-9 months. It never effected me getting a job but it did effect me from getting an apartment once. I am planning to get back in real estate and decided I didnt want to risk any issue with it. Money worth spent. They also let you break it into 5 payments.

I am guessing the misdemeanor in NY can come off depending on what it was for. You can technically get very scrutinized civil service jobs In NYC with certain misdemeanors(the lower ones), and If I remember correctly you were in the service so that sounds pretty good as well, hopefully it was after the misdemeanors.

Last edited:
PMCCHRIS. I am living with being screwed by the system. I acted in self defense and got screwed. Innocent people are convicted all the time. It's over know and life goes on. You better hope you never get cought up in our legal system. It doesn't work the way you think it does.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131