over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Buying and selling stock!

lumpy12

Newbies
Starting this thread to see what's hot and what's not! All you guys that invest in stock lets hear it!

Is there something you are trying to ask specifically or just a random thread on top pics?

Is there something you are trying to ask specifically or just a random thread on top pics?

Just random. I would like to know more about it and see wht everyones top picks are atm. I've done a small but of day trading but nothing crazy.

Just random. I would like to know more about it and see wht everyones top picks are atm. I've done a small but of day trading but nothing crazy.

Forgot all about simply owning stocks. The book I recommend to everyone is "Unconventional Success by David Swensen". Depending on the size of equity you are looking to invest you need to modify his protocols a bit.

My personal top 3 pics for 2013 are

MSFT - Talks of getting rid of Balmer are in play and it is trading dirt cheap right now. If they get rid of Balmer in the next year or two I see prices doubling at the very least.

3M (MMM), continual steady growth over the past 12 months.

Catepillar, they are breaking into the Asian markets heavily this year.

Awesome man, thanks! I have a little bit that I'd like to play with so ill read up on the info you gave me and see what I think. I hear a lot of good and bad with buying and selling so I guess we'll see.

Awesome man, thanks! I have a little bit that I'd like to play with so ill read up on the info you gave me and see what I think. I hear a lot of good and bad with buying and selling so I guess we'll see.

Look into the book, It will give you a good basis of break down and how to spread out throughout cash (international currencies), money markets, nominal bonds, inflation linked bonds, equities, absolute return and private assets.

As far as hearing the good vs. the bad, anyone that has a lifestyle you would ever want to emulate does not live off of salary alone.

Look into the book, It will give you a good basis of break down and how to spread out throughout cash (international currencies), money markets, nominal bonds, inflation linked bonds, equities, absolute return and private assets.

As far as hearing the good vs. the bad, anyone that has a lifestyle you would ever want to emulate does not live off of salary alone.

Thanks, I will check the book out for sure. I am definitely uneducated when it comes to this, so I have plenty to learn. What I have accomplished so far is mostly self taught and with the help of a few friends.

I currently have a rental property that isn't really by choice, just happened to work out that way. In turn, led me to save a few dollars and now I am ready to start putting it somewhere.

My wife and I like nice things (who doesn't) and my yearly income from my employer just isn't enough. So I understand what you mean about not living off salary alone. That, my friend, is why we are here today!

Happy to hear you are looking to broaden your horizons so to speak!

Go to Barnes and Noble and pick up a few magazines on investments as well. The info isn't always the best, but they aren't such a dry read and it really helps cement the basic principles as they are written so everyone can understand the articles.

Once you get a foundation feel free to contact me anytime. I never mind helping.

Money to be made is in gold/silver.. Very few stocks have performed better then gold over the last 5-7 years.

Money to be made is in gold/silver.. Very few stocks have performed better then gold over the last 5-7 years.

I have been keeping an eye on it. I think silver could be a bigger hit than gold IMO. I have been watching a few stocks and GMRC has done pretty well since it fell out this past year. So has groupon.

I'm really tired of seeing this, bullion was a bubble just like the housing index. The dow and well... virtually ALL markets are currently at five year highs.

The only reason why it outperformed was the crash, the price is still hyper inflated. As markets continue to perform, extremely well I might add, the price of bullion will continue to decline... Especially with inflation currently being to stagnant.

JJoe, no offense intended, but anyone recommending one market to allocate funds and only one market is an utter fool. I am not sure if you are trying to recommend only one, or offer advice in regards to one I will admit.

I have been keeping an eye on it. I think silver could be a bigger hit than gold IMO. I have been watching a few stocks and GMRC has done pretty well since it fell out this past year. So has groupon.

Silver is actually a great buy right now, and yea its going to go up..dramatically! I just bough 3 100ounce bars.. $9600!

I'm really tired of seeing this, bullion was a bubble just like the housing index. The dow and well... virtually ALL markets are currently at five year highs.

The only reason why it outperformed was the crash, the price is still hyper inflated. As markets continue to perform, extremely well I might add, the price of bullion will continue to decline... Especially with inflation currently being to stagnant.

JJoe, no offense intended, but anyone recommending one market to allocate funds and only one market is an utter fool. I am not sure if you are trying to recommend only one, or offer advice in regards to one I will admit.

Wait till the US dollar is gone, and gold will be 3-4x what it is now, same with silver. It will sky rocket. I never tell people to invest in just one thing, that is silly. But you cant deny what gold/silver has done over the last few years. I told my friends to start buying when gold reached over $700/ounce. To this day, not one took my advice. And guys from work were like, fuck..you were right! Gold/silver have been kinda up/down for awhile, but it will go up. IT will hit $2500/ounce by 2015, if not more.. Silver im guessing around $50/ounce..probably more!

Speculation and realistic expectations are very different things.

Remember the current price of gold is currently massively inflated, as the markets continue to approach pre crash levels, inflation stagnant, and money markets freeing up the price will continue to level and decline.

The recession for the most part is completely over, it is the exact same as the housing bubble. 2MM houses were going for 3MM etc....

Bullion is always a sheer thing due to mass psychology, next time we have a day where the Dow plummets 300 points buy gold... alot of it... of course it will have a 25-50% increase in price within a month...

I am currently not invested in any sort of precious metal at all.

A good basic book that helped me with my investing was Charles Schwab's, Guide to financial independence. The sooner u start the better. One thing I recommend is to reinvest the dividends, this has really helped my portfolio grow.

Pick up any book by WD Gann. He was a genius in the market. If you can look past some of his "weird" beliefs you can find a good trading style to emulate.

Sorry guys, havnt been on in a few days. I appreciate the feedback and will check out your books you suggested when I get a chance.

I am currently in the middle of starting a lawn business with a good friend of mine, so that has been eating up some spare time. We will see what comes of it..

Instead of starting a new thread, I figured I would bring this one back!

I have currently been using scottrade but I am curious what sites you guys use and why? I've always used scottrade but have been doing some research on a few others lately..

Anyway this is more or less just a BSing question. Just curious

I like Nuance Communications. Carl Icahn now owns 19% of all shares.

December 20th - Billionaire investor Carl Icahn has boosted his holding of Nuance Communications, with the purchase of an additional 50,900 shares.

According to a report in ValueWalk, the stock was acquired earlier this month, at a price of $14.2 per share. This brings Icahn’s total holding in the company to 60,784,623 shares. In October, Icahn gained two seats on Nuance’s board and appointed Brett Icahn and David Schecte.

Carl Icahn boosts holding in Nuance Communications | BiometricUpdate.com

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner