over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Reebok CrossFit Oly Shoe

Lionheart

Registered
Looking for a new shoe to train in. I currently lift in New Balance Minimus MX20 and while I love them, there are some things that I can't do in them, yoke for example. A lot of the guys I know have Adidas or Nike weight lifting shoes to train squats or overheard/log press, but they have to switch shoes to hit events.

Apparently the Reebok CrossFit Oly is supposed to be efficient for the squat and olympic lifts as a normal weightlifting shoe but be versatile enough for all the other things one would be thrown in Crossfit. I figured if that's the case I could use them on my normal training days but also throw them on for my strongman event training days. They are quite pricey at $149.00 though. Was wondering if any one had given these shoes a try before I drop the cash.

Last edited:
Those reboxs aren't stable like the Nike or Adidas. They are much more like regular shoes.

I have the Romaleos and they are awesome. You need to decide if your a heal or not and if so either get the red addias or Romaleos. The Adidas are a little more flexible I hear in the front.

the reeboks are more flexible. i have the addipros and love them. they are very stable. they are however not good for anything outside of oly lifting as the sole is very stiff. i find walking in them to be weird.

I love working out in my Blackhawk boots. I do everything from squatting, to Olympic lifting to running half-marathons. But I know I look like a Wienie in them so I don't usually wear them. I have them in both black and tan.

Attachments

• mens-blackhawk-desert-ops-sage-green.jpg
    mens-blackhawk-desert-ops-sage-green.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 363
the reeboks are more flexible. i have the addipros and love them. they are very stable. they are however not good for anything outside of oly lifting as the sole is very stiff. i find walking in them to be weird.

Or squatting or dead lifting, I even like the way these type of shoes feel on bench and OHP. I say worth the investment. Honestly if I didn't have my shoes on squat day I would just go home.

Last edited:
Or squatting or dead lifting, I even like the way these type of shoes feel on bench and OHP. I say worth the investment. Honestly if I didn't have my shoes on squat day I would just go home.

I squatted today in my wrestling shoes - I coach my son's wrestling team.

Yeah I know others who like flat shoes but I'm hooked.

I love these....

Attachments

• G17563_01.jpg
    G17563_01.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 414

So I'm guessing you switch out of those for everything out side of oly lifting. What do you wear for the rest of your training?

Any one ever tried the shoes KK wears for deads. I think they are metal brand.

Claudio you like those Olympic she's for deads? Why does Stan prefer flats?

Last edited:
Claymore what are those? Are they good for everything? (cleans, squats, pulls etc)

There great for squatting, deads i go barefoot.

Any one ever tried the shoes KK wears for deads. I think they are metal brand.

Claudio you like those Olympic she's for deads? Why does Stan prefer flats?

There not bad, but i pull in just socks. Stan wears asic wrestling shoes.

Wow that was a serious phone typo. Thanks for answering. I sound like an English student lol

I feel like the heal of my Olympic shoes makes it harder and lots of hamstring. I train with them but will experiment barefoot or with flat shoes to see how much more I pull.

Last edited:
So I'm guessing you switch out of those for everything out side of oly lifting. What do you wear for the rest of your training?
new balance minimus

sorry. i include squatting/deadlifting as an oly lift. there are mixed opinions on deads in these shoes. i do it but guys claim that the elevated heel make the dl harder as it raises you up making the range of motion more than if you were wearing a flat shoe.

new balance minimus

How do you like these? I have the Innov-8 bare-x 185. Love them for tire flips and deadlifts.

I have the adidas adipower Oly shoes. One of the best weightlifting purchases I have ever made

new balance minimus

Yeah I also wear the NB Minimus and I love pulling in them, but it is an uncomfortable shoe to carry Yoke or Farmers in.

sorry. i include squatting/deadlifting as an oly lift. there are mixed opinions on deads in these shoes. i do it but guys claim that the elevated heel make the dl harder as it raises you up making the range of motion more than if you were wearing a flat shoe.

Guess I willl just have to have 3 pairs of shoes

Yeah I also wear the NB Minimus and I love pulling in them, but it is an uncomfortable shoe to carry Yoke or Farmers in.

Guess I willl just have to have 3 pairs of shoes

Any type of moving event I use adidas samba shoes. They are flat soles, but have a arch. Very comfortable

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws