over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Juggernaut vs Westside vs any other

jdoisjohnny

Registered
I'm 23 and 205 wanting to compete at 198 raw for the first time my lifts aren't anything extraordinary, but I love strength sports and work hard every day to become stronger.

I do believe that for the most part as long as you work hard, eat, and stay consistent you will make gains. On the other hand though there are better methods for gaining strength. It all also depends from person to person, but I want to get your guys take on each methodology.

So I haven't ever been to westside or claim to fully understand everything about it, but i've used the methods of ME, DE, And RE days. I alternate through different lifts on my Max days and work up to about 90-95% for 2-3 and some days I just plan our Max out. I rarely did regular squats without a box or normal bench. I had only really ever done regular bench on DE day with bands.

I have loved westside because it got me from being 125 to 205lbs going from barely benching 95lbs to pausing 425 and squating 535 and deadlifting 585 which I just got last week. Now this was all done of a course of 3-4 years, now I want to try for more and want to try something new that might work.

To the point part of it is probably because I don't have Louie himself telling me what and how to do something, but I found that I ended up being able to box squat more than I could squat without the box. I read this article about raw lifting and how westside might not be the best for it it was on the juggernaut site. So instead of just changing everything I decided to drop DE day in favor of a heavier day but not quite max. So sort of like a undulating method with a heavier, medium, and lighter day with some really simple percentages. Well that had seem to get me stronger.\

So I decided to read the two juggernaut method books and want to try our the method it's a lot to commit too a huge block and giving up DE day is going to seem hard even though i'll be doing plyos and such for speed work.
So in your guys experience what do you like best? or am I just over thinking?

If you are going to lift raw westside is about the worst thing imo. Juggernaught good...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you I'm just curious what people feel about the Dynamic Effort work done with bands and chains I know i'm getting DE work from the plyo type work from Juggernaunt, but I almost want to incorporate bands and chains for speed work some how. Or should I just abandon thinking and give juggernaut 100 percent and abandon trying to keep that aspect still. I also would probably do inverted juggernaut because I feel like doing 5x10 would during accumulation 10s waves would feel too much like body building and working outside the energy systems and the explosiveness I need. I believe the author likes the inverted method though so that should be no issue

Dynamic effort stuff really pretty much useless for raw lifters. Bands and chains mostly for top end strength and that is rarely ever the weakness for raw lifters. You seem awfully infatuated with all the "fancy" stuff...

Read up on stuff from mike tuscherer, brandon lilly, dan green...lilliebridge brothers. Not louie and his advice for bad off chest...get a better shirt. Other than few top raw lifters we suck compared to russians in raw lifting they just stick to the basics not this crap dont deadlift to deadlift crap from louie. Sorry ever seehow his "contests" are judged. Total joke.

Raw lifting need muscle mass like bbers...equipped not so much get fatter and get better at using equipment. You can rely on equioment or fat ass leverages in raw lifting

Meant you cant ....

Brandon Lilly's Cube Method looks really interesting.

Here is an old school layout Dave Tate just posted. If you are training for a first meet it wouldn't be a terrible program to try - **broken link removed**

Dynamic effort stuff really pretty much useless for raw lifters. Bands and chains mostly for top end strength and that is rarely ever the weakness for raw lifters. You seem awfully infatuated with all the "fancy" stuff...

Read up on stuff from mike tuscherer, brandon lilly, dan green...lilliebridge brothers. Not louie and his advice for bad off chest...get a better shirt. Other than few top raw lifters we suck compared to russians in raw lifting they just stick to the basics not this crap dont deadlift to deadlift crap from louie. Sorry ever seehow his "contests" are judged. Total joke.

Woke up in middle night to eat figured you all could appreciate that haha.
Anyway actually it was a Dan Green article that got me thinking about all of this. I am thankful for all the input now aside from all the fancy stuff do you guys all still believe in speed work of any sort? and I definitely will read up more on the people you suggested.

Brandon Lilly's Cube Method looks really interesting.

Here is an old school layout Dave Tate just posted. If you are training for a first meet it wouldn't be a terrible program to try - **broken link removed**

I trained with Brandon for a few months just as he was transitioning to raw training, and he definitely has some interesting and solid concepts with his Cube Method. It would be an excellent program for someone starting out with raw powerlifting or just raw strength training in General where hypertrophy wasn't the priority

As others have said, Westside methods wouldn't be ideal for raw training. Sure, it would work ok and you'd get stronger, but not optimal if you're not in gear.

Last edited:
Thank you guys I officially have swapped over to just doing juggernaut and trusting in it for the next 100 days or so I think that's how long the waves turn turn out to be on a 9 day plan.

I still haven't decided if I want to seated military or standing press for my overhead press day, but think i'm going to start a different thread to see what people like.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131