over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Some vid's

Powerbuilder

Registered
I haven't posted in a while figured i'd throw up a vid of my first powerlifting competition and some of my training lifts from last week. Right now i'm training for my next PL competition 7 weeks from now. Looking to go 755/475/705. Check em out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqrgVOralEM]Kevin OAK 1600 Lb Raw Total @242 RPS HeatWave - YouTube[/ame]

Let's start with the squat.

I opened with 575 went easy, I forgot to have it taped. For the second lift I went with 675, I ended up going parallel but not under so I got a "no lift". The weight was easy, just a technical error I need to focus on over the next 5 weeks. For the third lift since I was using this as a practice run being it was my first competition I upped the weight to 755 instead of going for the 675 again. Mostly because it was a good chance to go for it with a monolift and I'll probably attempt the same exact numbers 5 weeks from now. I ended up going about 2 inches above parallel. The strength is there I just really need to work on the technical side now.

For bench press it surprisingly went pretty smooth. I say surprisingly because I've been struggling with it lately. I went 375, 420, 450 all 3 pretty smooth and straight forward.

For deadlift I opened with 575, went smooth. On the second attempt I had it, and the guy to my right said good when I had it locked out. I confused him with the official so I put the weight down and received a no lift, just a miscommunication. I attempted 700 which would have been a 50 lb max, seemed doable, I got it past my knees and then my hamstring starting cramping on me. It was a little out of reach, with some work I think i'll have it in 5 weeks.

Overall there were some nuances that occurred which I expected and was the main reason I decided to do this meet. Over the next 7 weeks there's going to be a huge emphasis on the technical side of all the lifts and doing the lifts to competition specifications. In 7 weeks at my next competition I will likely attempt the same exact weights. With some technical work I should be able to hit all of the lifts

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt5KKrJBN-o]Kevin OAK Fourth Week of July Lifts - YouTube[/ame]

Squats - Decided to drop the weight and increase reps with the goal of getting several hundred reps to competition depth over the next month and a half or so.

Bench Press - I was looking to work up to a 2 rep max the 425x2 felt very smooth. I thought 455x2 should be perfect for a 2 rep max but the spotter kept grabbing the bar and by the time he finally stopped between doing the first couple of reps and trying to tell him to stop touching the bar it ended up being a shit show.

Deadlift - Felt like working up to a 1 rep max. All of the sets went pretty smooth until the 675 which was a new PR. I attempted 705 but had definitely lost too much energy by then. I probably wont attempt another deadlift PR for a month or so, and i'll probably attempt 715 when I do.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws