over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weighing in at a Meet

jdoisjohnny

Registered
So I decided to finally do my first meet in September i'm about to register online with RPS it's a full power meet and i'm entering in the raw classic. Since I have never been to a meet the weighing in is making me nervous. I use to wrestle so it's not that I can't cut weight or anything like that it's just that I know how scales can be so different. I'm wondering is there a universal scale or if I get on a scale for lets say 198 and i'm 199.5 do I get a chance to come back and weight in again? Do you do it fully clothed? Or are we in our underwear like in wrestling sometimes naked if you really are close. I mean should I come in a lot under? I just am curious how the weighing in process works in a powerlifting meet. I'm currently around 205-210 so I could go 198 but i'm so unsure that maybe 220 is safe? If I register as 198 and I am too heavy do I just go up to 220 or do I not get to compete?

anyway please if some experience people could help me answer some of these questions

The key questions
1) If you're too heavy do you get to come back in a certain amount time and weigh in again
2) how are the scales?
3) do we have to be fully clothed when weighing in?
4) if you're too heavy can you just complete a weight class up or are you disqualified?

the one meet i did there were 2 scales. they used a digital scale mostly. there was a second (real, beam scale) for guys that were on the cusp of making weight and needed a more accurate weigh in.
i was not close to missing weight so i weighed in in shorts,socks and t-shirt. my buddy was sweating making weight so he weighed in in his undies.
if you didnt make the class you intended you moved up or down respectively.

So I decided to finally do my first meet in September i'm about to register online with RPS it's a full power meet and i'm entering in the raw classic. Since I have never been to a meet the weighing in is making me nervous. I use to wrestle so it's not that I can't cut weight or anything like that it's just that I know how scales can be so different. I'm wondering is there a universal scale or if I get on a scale for lets say 198 and i'm 199.5 do I get a chance to come back and weight in again? Do you do it fully clothed? Or are we in our underwear like in wrestling sometimes naked if you really are close. I mean should I come in a lot under? I just am curious how the weighing in process works in a powerlifting meet. I'm currently around 205-210 so I could go 198 but i'm so unsure that maybe 220 is safe? If I register as 198 and I am too heavy do I just go up to 220 or do I not get to compete?

anyway please if some experience people could help me answer some of these questions

The key questions
1) If you're too heavy do you get to come back in a certain amount time and weigh in againyes usually you are
2) how are the scales?usually very accuarate
3) do we have to be fully clothed when weighing in?you can strip if you need to
4) if you're too heavy can you just complete a weight class up or are you disqualified?
you go to next weight class up

Last edited:
Thank you I appreciate the help guys. I just registered at 198. I just weighed myself today and I was around 210. I could cut that through sweating, but I figure it's not the best method? I use to wrestle I figure those methods of cutting aren't good for a meet haha. Anyway if you guys have tips on how you cut weight for meets let me know

I also compete 198. You should be able to drop that no problem. I went from 206- 196 clothed at my last meet. The guy that beat me for 1st looked like a monster an easy 215+ shredded weighed in at 194.

What is the time differential between the weigh-in and the contest?

More and more federations are doing same-day weigh ins now, in the morning the day of the meet.

This sort of things can really be useful when it comes to gaining mass and it has a good impact on our wellness so yeah talking about can help us in staying fit.

physical therapy emr

How are you guys dropping several pounds in 1 day?

Normally its more like a week or so of carb deplete and water deplete. Some guys can drop 20lbs or more and gain it all back in a day.

Scales are as accurate as possible. Feel free to weigh in naked. If you have time, it is the directors discretion to allow you to weigh in again, if notm you move to the next weigh class.

If possible have an IV bag on standby for the worst case scenario. You will feel so much better afterwards.

If it's your first meet man don't stress about this I wouldn't even try to manipulate water or worry about weight. Train hard, try to make every attempt, talk to everyone and most of all HAVE FUN! Even if you don't do as well as you hoped you will learn a ton and have plenty of room for improvement.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear