over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Long grain rice to build forearms

DEADn

Registered
My brother has a son who is playing high school baseball. One of the things the coach suggests to him is to build up his forearms using long rice grains in a bucket. I looked at youtube and found a few videos of what people are doing with this and even with a powerlifter. My brother told me he did it and he felt it all the way up to his elbow and he thought it was better than using any gripper. I haven never read this on any discussion boards or any strength training articles. He also told me that many baseball players use it as well.

Is it really a gimmick or is there truth to this?

Look up kung fu iron palm training. It uses bean, rice, and sand to strengthen grip...but it numbs the nerves to pain for combat as well.

Look up kung fu iron palm training. It uses bean, rice, and sand to strengthen grip...but it numbs the nerves to pain for combat as well.

Why would I want to number the nerves to pain through it?

It does both, a lot of sports use for strength, some like fight sports and basket ball use it so you dont feel pain. I do martial arts...but find it helpful when doing dead lifts.

Do you think it is worth the time and money to put this together and do it? Or just stick with overhand deads and grippers, etc?

Nolan Ryan and Roger Clemens(pre-ped) used this method and they both threw amazing heat.

Yes, it does help... I used to do this in high school for wrestling grip strength and for baseball. It does help quite a bit for athletics. You won't get much hypertrophy from this but you'll build great stamina and be able to generate a lot of force with your grip.

There are some strength training tools to mimic this, one looks like web you put you fingers through and you move them like you are squeezing something.

For what it's worth, for athletics, to build foot speed, one can actually pick up marbles with their toes and drop them in a cup. This builds foot dexterity and helps a lot in sports like soccer and for skill positions in football. Just though I'd add that random tidbit lol

Do you think it is worth the time and money to put this together and do it? Or just stick with overhand deads and grippers, etc?
You won't get much size but detail and grip stamina will increase. A 5galon bucket with rice (I prefer sand for strength and dried corn for lack of pain) doesn't cost much. Do you do a lot of lifting were your grip stamina fails?

You won't get much size but detail and grip stamina will increase. A 5galon bucket with rice (I prefer sand for strength and dried corn for lack of pain) doesn't cost much. Do you do a lot of lifting were your grip stamina fails?

My grip isn't failing yet but I know that as I get higher with the deadlifts it is goings to eventually start to fail. I want to stop it before that happens. I also have the ivanko super gripper as well.

Use it as a tool. One of the best things that gave me great grip strength (as I write this I'll probably state doing again) my Kung Fu teacher had me flip up and catch one of those flat concrete stepping stones you put in your yard. Built the forearms up as well.

Use it as a tool. One of the best things that gave me great grip strength (as I write this I'll probably state doing again) my Kung Fu teacher had me flip up and catch one of those flat concrete stepping stones you put in your yard. Built the forearms up as well.

Like juggling only flipping it and catching it without turning your palm upward? I could do that with the 10 weights.

Sorry for late reply. Yes you have the technique right. You could probably do 25 after a bit of practice. The lip on a plate would make it easier than a flat surface. The flipping builds the mass but the quick snatch really helps with grip and builds the cable like muscles in the top of Forearm.

Rice definitely helps. I used to do static holds above my max to help.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws