over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Power racks

cal

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone have a power rack at home ?

What kind and what do you like or dislike about it.

I'm thinking of getting a rogue 3 rack and bolting down to a platform. All I do is the basics even in a fully equipped gym...

Find exactly what you are looking for spec and feature wise and then compare with other respected brands. Ive been working out of a FTS collegiate rack and I must say it is awesome. Matrix also makes some really top notch cages and racks.

I've got one....but it's in my storage space right now. (The gym I go to is a few blocks away and has plenty of good power racks). I would suggest you go with a rack like the one I have which has adjustments to the safety bars of about 1.5 inches per peg. This is a good thing if you are going to use the rack to spot you while doing bench presses. If I get stuck and can't push the weight all the way up, I just push the bar forward and let it go so the spotter bars catch the weight. Other racks I have seen have adjustments to the spotter bars of about 5-6 inches. You might not be able to use a rack with adjustments that far apart to spot you on bench presses.

I own an R3 and a Cybex 5420.

The R3 is geared toward powerlifting with the WESTSIDE spacing. I picked up the safety strap system in addition to the included stops it comes with. The rack is no b.s. and seems bulletproof. It comes with 4 band pegs as well.

The Cybex 5420 is more a "commercial gym" power rack with traditional spacing. It comes with plate horn storage and is powdercoated.

Any other questions let me know :)

I own an R3 and a Cybex 5420.

The R3 is geared toward powerlifting with the WESTSIDE spacing. I picked up the safety strap system in addition to the included stops it comes with. The rack is no b.s. and seems bulletproof. It comes with 4 band pegs as well.

The Cybex 5420 is more a "commercial gym" power rack with traditional spacing. It comes with plate horn storage and is powdercoated.

Any other questions let me know :)
How much would one of those cost? If you don't mind me asking I'm new to working out sorry

**broken link removed**

probably cheaper if you can find an ex gym owner with all their gear in storage units. there are more than you think.. just got to use some social networking ;)

I will second SNP racks. MUCH better quality than Rogue.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm...NO. Rogue doesn't fuck around with their materials and craftsmanship. Saying SNP is better quality is total "dumb fuckery" on your part. Of course, this is my opinion, like yours on Rogue quality. ;)

How much would one of those cost? If you don't mind me asking I'm new to working out sorry

Well my friend, I bought the 5420 for 105 bux on ebay...you have to know what your looking at equipment wise and have to know what your likes and dislikes are regarding racks.

The R3 cost me 860 total. It is the centerpiece of my gym b/c it is fuckin bombproof and is AMERICAN craftsmanship at its finest.

Good luck shoppin let me know if you have any other ???:cool:

Well my friend, I bought the 5420 for 105 bux on ebay...you have to know what your looking at equipment wise and have to know what your likes and dislikes are regarding racks.

The R3 cost me 860 total. It is the centerpiece of my gym b/c it is fuckin bombproof and is AMERICAN craftsmanship at its finest.

Good luck shoppin let me know if you have any other ???:cool:
Well thanks man I was just wondering sounds good

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm...NO. Rogue doesn't fuck around with their materials and craftsmanship. Saying SNP is better quality is total "dumb fuckery" on your part. Of course, this is my opinion, like yours on Rogue quality. ;)

LOL ok. Know the difference between us? I have both rogue stuff, and SNP stuff in my gym. What is your experience with SNP vs Rogue?

We actually have quite a few Rogue pieces. GHR, Reverse hyper, power racks, multi purpose racks, bench, etc. Rouge is decent, mass produced stuff. It's fine. Fit/finish is not as good as SNP, and the quality of materials in certain places is not as good, the powdercoat is not as good, etc.

Want me to take a pic of the rogue bench next to our SNP bench? It looks like dog shit in comparison..lol It is a fine bench for what it is, but it can't even be put in the same category as our SNP.

So again, my opinion is based on experience using both companies and their equipment extensively. When you deal with SNP, you deal with one guy, the owner, fabricator, etc. He can build it custom, to your specs, and needs, for similar prices to Rogue.

Last edited:
The downside to SNP is lead time. It will take a few weeks to get your rack/equipment. Everything is built to order/spec and he is a small operation so it isn't a lightning fast process.

To be honest his communication is lousy. Seems to be the case with most small operations

I got a cheap rack from amazon. Was less than $400 with shipping. Works great and I'm so happy I did. You can try craigslist but unless you're rich the racks I see online are mostly a rip off. I wouldn't pay over $800 for one unless I was elite level strong.

I found a cheap ass SUMO rack wich is basically a power rack wher one end only goes halfway up can still do everything imp. squats half squats rack pulls bench ect...think the company was TDS but it was very cheap and have had for ten years and still banging out pulls and squats with 6 and over rated for 1500 or something around there...It can be tipsy if not against wall..You can always bolt it to floor if in basement....best thing i ever bought...i go to gym but when they are closed on holiday or whatever i never miss a workout!!

yeah just googled it 330$ on AMAZON!!!Sumo rack check it out bro...

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear