over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

tricep tendon rupture + equipment

housel

Registered
Hello guys,
i had a triceps tendon surgery 14 days ago and i almost regained my whole ROM by now.
Since i am going to start on a competition in November (not BB nor Strongman) i would need to train in about 8 weeks from now on and i would need approx 50% of my strength back by then.

now i was wondering if elbow sleeves from inzer or Rehband could support my injured arm ?
i was thinking of one of this:
**broken link removed**
or
Rehband:
**broken link removed**
it says to be an athletic sports bandage to support the elbow.

what do you guys think?
would any of these be useful and is my rehab even possible?

Don't put time limits on yourself for things like this.

Rehab as smart as you can and increase weights accoringly, everyone is different.

I think sleeves would be good to help increase blood flow, but I think wraps/sleeves that may support it too heavily may increase injury risk because you feel like you are more recovered than you really are and that a re injury will not occur with 'supportive gear'

Last edited:
thanks for your opinion.

well, i just need to be able to push about 100lb with both hands above head (cheerleading championship in austria) and i can actually do this with one hand.

so 50lb for my injured arm is all i need until november..

has anyone else experience with inzer elbow sleeves or even rehband?
how is the stability? does it even help the tricep?

i guess i´ll get inzer sleeves for my training then until my tendon is healed again.

I tore my triceps tendon "90%" at the elbow last september. let the weight come do not force it. I still can not load the weight like i used to. I changed up my training to still hit my chest hard but less strain on the elbow so i lift with my legs up off the ground. I can incline close grip 225 for 40 reps but still have trouble with heavy weight. 295 does not hurt to bad and i can close grip it for 10-12 but 315 kills me and after 3 reps it swells up and im done. I am still not benching heavy yet but figure when im back to inclining 405 for a couple i will give it a go. this is one injury i do not wish on anybody and one that should never be pushed to hard. I use the rehband sleeve.

I tore my triceps tendon "90%" at the elbow last september. let the weight come do not force it. I still can not load the weight like i used to. I changed up my training to still hit my chest hard but less strain on the elbow so i lift with my legs up off the ground. I can incline close grip 225 for 40 reps but still have trouble with heavy weight. 295 does not hurt to bad and i can close grip it for 10-12 but 315 kills me and after 3 reps it swells up and im done. I am still not benching heavy yet but figure when im back to inclining 405 for a couple i will give it a go. this is one injury i do not wish on anybody and one that should never be pushed to hard. I use the rehband sleeve.

What did they do as far as surgury? My right got torn off the the lower arm 100%. That was reattached and is very sound . My left however was pinched about 40% in half and never tended to because they missed it.
They or I did not notice it as it was hidden it major trauma to my left shoulder and arm . Doc told me it would have been much better to have it detach 100% . Said thats why my right came out good. I have some dettached pieces of tricep that ball up and won't relax during tri work (left side)sometimes. Thanks, T

can you remember how you started your rehab and how your weight progress was?

on tuesday it is 4 works past surgery and my arm "feels 100% recovered" alltough i can´t extend it fully yet... around 5-10° missing.
i guess because my caput longum is totally atrophied by now.

i benched 70lb yesterday easily but i don´t want to force anything at the moment.
all i need is 100-110lb shoulder press by mid to end of october and i think that is easily possible.

btw. i got my inzer yesterday... they are really harsh to the skin ... but support my elbow very well.

when they reattached my tendon he pulled it over the elbow for more grip and put a wire mesh "grill" for added strength. I still can not manually extend my arm a 100% put i can push/pull it 100%. my elbow still hurts a lot during lifting but i would say around the 10 month mark it felt more stable as in it was not going to tear even though it hurt. i still can not do overhead tricep work very well, however, i can military press like nothing ever happened. the weight i started off slow doing negative "slow" reps with cable tricep extensions and hammer strength incline. I had trouble with lifting off and lowering the bar on barbell pressing but not pushing. 185 was the most i could stand for the longest time. Then the elbow started responding and i started adding a lot of reps and weight.

Last edited:
hm... i am now 30 days out of Surgery and i already did some lifting again.
i can bench 100lb and did that also for military press ... i shouldn´t do that by now my surgeon said.... actually he does not want me to do anything except isometric contractions and gain full ROM again.
the last 20° are missing when active extending my arm.

Interested to see how long full recovery will take. Sure ill need to get the surgery done myself.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws