over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

grip width question

Wolfsanglerune

Registered
at my gym theres a few guys who are pretty strong benchers.short thick guys.theres something that ive wondered about how some of them say they have records in some feds anf the grip they usefor bench is not much different than for close grip.
im kinda confused there fingers nevers touch the gurling.i thought the rules in meets hands must touch it somewhere.im sure the rules vary.
any input would be appreciated.

You're mixed up. They don't have to touch knurling if inside the rings. So no limits on narrow grip but widest is pointer on power ring which is 32 inches. Not always about shortening range of motion if it alters power groove. Most raw beachers do not bench as wide as shirted...just like squatting. Raw squatters do not do the mile wide squatting stance...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I'm 5'7 and my arms aren't very long. Is 1-3 inches inside the ring a bad grip to build strength and muscle.

I'm about 5'8" and I go anywhere from 27 to 30 inches wide depending on how my shoulders feel. Change your grip up some and experiment. You may find a different width allows more power and speed.

So no boundaries on filter hold but greatest is suggestion on energy ring which is 32 inches wide. Not always about reducing range of flexibility if it changes energy pattern. Most raw beachers do not common as extensive as shirted...just like dead lifting. Raw squatters do not do the distance extensive dead lifting position...

Last edited:
It just depends if they compete raw then that would be why they use a narrow grip less chance of tearing a pec. If they are shirted lifters then most will take the widest grip allowed in competition which is index on the rings of the bar. But even most shirted lifters when training raw will use a narrow grip.

So no boundaries on filter hold but greatest is suggestion on energy ring which is 32 inches wide. Not always about reducing range of flexibility if it changes energy pattern. Most raw beachers do not common as extensive as shirted...just like dead lifting. Raw squatters do not do the distance extensive dead lifting position...

Can you dumb this down for me?

So no limitations on narrow keep but biggest is recommendation on power band which is 32 inches extensive wide. Not always about decreasing variety of versatility if it changes power routine. Most raw beachers do not common as comprehensive as shirted...just like deceased raising. Raw squatters do not do the variety comprehensive deceased raising place...

at my gym theres a few guys who are pretty strong benchers.short thick guys.theres something that ive wondered about how some of them say they have records in some feds anf the grip they usefor bench is not much different than for close grip.
im kinda confused there fingers nevers touch the gurling.i thought the rules in meets hands must touch it somewhere.im sure the rules vary.
any input would be appreciated.

Are you asking because you wish to compete or because you are looking to shift the most effort on to a particular group of muscles? Depends on what you want. I'll do a grip (middle finger on ring) such that it feels wider and I feel more work being done by the pectorals than triceps, yet I am still able to comfortably touch my lower chest without my shoulders crunching or my shoulder blades impacting. I'm not well informed enough on technique that I could suggest a grip width for competition, and I am sorry if that is indeed what you're asking. Hope this was helping in some degree :)

Every time I get close to 400lbs with a wide grip my front delt and rotator give me fits. Its been that way since I was young. Now I bench 2 inches out from the center. It really saves my shoulders.

Puts a hell of a load on my triceps though. People look at me funny all the time and wonder why I only do close grip benches. The trade off is the elbows....they get a little angry now and again but its better than the shoulder issues for me anyway.

No doubt that a wide grip with less travel will have more potential for heavy weight though.

Right i get close to 400lbs with a wide grip my front delt and rotator give me fits. Its been that way since I was young. Now I bench 2 inches out from the center. It really saves my shoulders.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws