over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wesley's Incline

Wesley Inman

Banned
Ok so I know alot of guys have asked me for some more footage of my gym workouts, I to like to train heavy Incline Bench Press since it has alot of carry over to Strongman.

Ironically I felt horrible all day. Head cold, stuffy nose, sinus headache, etc..BUT, with that being said, many times I can pull off a good session when I am sick. I have been out of the gym for a few days, so figured I'd run with it..

I ended up doing 405x 1 for a single...Now I can do more, but I do have a torn tricep tendon in my left elbow. So I am being careful..but I wanted to grab a quick video so here it is...

Also I was able to hit a new PR (personal record) on Pause Reps. A pause rep for me is when I hold the weight on my chest and count to 3 and then LIFT. I ended up hitting 315lbsx 11 Pause reps, which previously my best was 315x9 at a similar Bodyweight..

My Bodyweight on the night of this video was 203lbs with clothes on...

405x1
Wesley Inman Strongman Incline Bench Press 405 x 1 - YouTube

315x11 Pause Reps
Wesley Inman Strongman Incline Pause Reps 315x 11 - YouTube

170's for a set of 4 at Poundstone Power..bodyweight is 198
[ame=http://youtu.be/VGiPZSHKXrg]170lb Dumbells Incline Press by 198lb Strongman Wesley Inman @ Poundstone Power - YouTube[/ame]

Surprisingly I sensed awful all day. Go cool, rigid nasal area, nasal frustration, etc..BUT, with that being said, many times I can take off a good period when I am fed up. I have been out of the gym for several days, so realized I'd run with it..

I like your videos brother...
Great lifts..

The 170's looked great except for a little balance control (could have been the video though).

Careful with that tendon, seen a guy push too hard and had to quit because of that. keep it up!

Wes

Wish there were more posts by guys so well versed in all types of weight sports.

My question is regarding if you were training yourself for pure lean mass as opposed to max strength how would your routines etc differ? I have slowly started thinking that alot of what I thought (pl ) mentality isnt so true for me. For example thought pump was unimportant for size but come to find extremely important. And while weight is important sometimes your strength increases under controlled variables...is more Important for bbing. Ie getting stronger with sets of 20 with 90 seconds rest may be better than getting strong with sets of 5 with 5 minutes...though 5x5 can work for size too with shorter rests...a little bit of both...

Hard to get the lower number out of my head and realize other factors are important for bbing.want to build some size for strength. I also find training for bbing is better than training low reps al the time. Can get used to lower reps over a few months but building muscle with higher reps and short rest seems better for long term strength. Have heard kaz trained this way..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Wes

Wish there were more posts by guys so well versed in all types of weight sports.

My question is regarding if you were training yourself for pure lean mass as opposed to max strength how would your routines etc differ? I have slowly started thinking that alot of what I thought (pl ) mentality isnt so true for me. For example thought pump was unimportant for size but come to find extremely important. And while weight is important sometimes your strength increases under controlled variables...is more Important for bbing. Ie getting stronger with sets of 20 with 90 seconds rest may be better than getting strong with sets of 5 with 5 minutes...though 5x5 can work for size too with shorter rests...a little bit of both...

Hard to get the lower number out of my head and realize other factors are important for bbing.want to build some size for strength. I also find training for bbing is better than training low reps al the time. Can get used to lower reps over a few months but building muscle with higher reps and short rest seems better for long term strength. Have heard kaz trained this way..

He has been banned for a few weeks now....don't think he is coming back...

I have switched my training to more Higher reps and shorter rest periods, I was looking like shit, lifting for just strength.

He has been banned for a few weeks now....don't think he is coming back...

What really? Dont remember any questionable posts ...not that ive looked at them all...just would expect that from bignj or someone like that...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity