over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Last pic before 1st Strongman Comp

Powerbuilder

Registered
Doing my first strongman comp tomorrow at The Bigg Dogg Strongg Strongman Challenge. I weighed 223 3 days ago and theres a 230 lb weight class so I just about doubled b calories the last couple of days and weighed in at 232. Very surprised, feel really bloated though. Check out the pics, gotta move some weight tomorrow.

Attachments

• photo (20).jpg
    photo (20).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 791
  • photo (21).jpg
    photo (21).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,812
Doing my first strongman comp tomorrow at The Bigg Dogg Strongg Strongman Challenge. I weighed 223 3 days ago and theres a 230 lb weight class so I just about doubled b calories the last couple of days and weighed in at 232. Very surprised, feel really bloated though. Check out the pics, gotta move some weight tomorrow.

looking big, good luck

Make sure you are 231 or under for weigh-ins...Otherwise if you are running over, you will be placed in the 265lb class and you don't want to have to run with that pack at 232 :)

Best wishes to you, this is Johnny Wasicko's show, he does a good job and that is his equipment as well..

The 105K pro's will be there, so you will see lifts that will surprise you by guys at 231 lbs. Pretty much all of those guys are good friends of mine, they should be good to share valuable knowledge on form with you, just ask them :)

Good luck man and have fun :)

Make sure you are 231 or under for weigh-ins...Otherwise if you are running over, you will be placed in the 265lb class and you don't want to have to run with that pack at 232 :)

Best wishes to you, this is Johnny Wasicko's show, he does a good job and that is his equipment as well..

The 105K pro's will be there, so you will see lifts that will surprise you by guys at 231 lbs. Pretty much all of those guys are good friends of mine, they should be good to share valuable knowledge on form with you, just ask them :)

Good luck man and have fun :)

Thanks bro, no way in hell am I going up against the 265 guys, i'll start cutting fingers off to make weight. It's cool that they'll be pro's there. Do you know how the scheduling of the shows goes? do they go weight class by weight class, or event by event. It says open is suppose to start at noon, i'm trying to gauge what time i'll actually be competing and how spread out the event timing is.

Thanks bro, no way in hell am I going up against the 265 guys, i'll start cutting fingers off to make weight. It's cool that they'll be pro's there. Do you know how the scheduling of the shows goes? do they go weight class by weight class, or event by event. It says open is suppose to start at noon, i'm trying to gauge what time i'll actually be competing and how spread out the event timing is.

It depends on how many competitors and how much equipment there is..but
"generally" speaking, women's class goes first and then open weight classes, then they would go 175s/200s/231s/265's and so on...Then the Pro's last..

They usually would setup one event, Overhead presses are always first so if you are all doing a log or axle, you will likely all go at once...So you will do your lift and in many cases you may not do an event for another hour or so..

So my suggestion is to bring a ton of snacks, food, etc...Bring drinks, water, stay hydrated...Many guys will take a small preworkout just before it is their turn at their event..and then preworkout again at the next..It can be a long day if there are alot of people..

Johnny's good though, so likely he will have more then one competitor going at once, aka multiple equipment.

Stones and such are last usually...

Whoever places the best in one event, gets to go last on the next event..Use this as a strategy if this is you..So let's say you go on the log and destroy everyone and you are in first place...The next event, lets say it's deadlift, you get to go last...So watch what all the other competitors get. Lets say the top guy gets 15 reps and you know you can do 30. Do 16 and walk away...If you are not in that position then you need to go all out each event, don't leave anything in the tank on any event, you will have plenty of time to recover in between events and regain strength and energy..

Again eat and drink during the contest, this is my number 1 suggestion, but most of all have fun, socialize and have a blast, it's an awesome time, and I would assume after doing one, you will be hooked.

It depends on how many competitors and how much equipment there is..but
"generally" speaking, women's class goes first and then open weight classes, then they would go 175s/200s/231s/265's and so on...Then the Pro's last..

They usually would setup one event, Overhead presses are always first so if you are all doing a log or axle, you will likely all go at once...So you will do your lift and in many cases you may not do an event for another hour or so..

So my suggestion is to bring a ton of snacks, food, etc...Bring drinks, water, stay hydrated...Many guys will take a small preworkout just before it is their turn at their event..and then preworkout again at the next..It can be a long day if there are alot of people..

Johnny's good though, so likely he will have more then one competitor going at once, aka multiple equipment.

Stones and such are last usually...

Whoever places the best in one event, gets to go last on the next event..Use this as a strategy if this is you..So let's say you go on the log and destroy everyone and you are in first place...The next event, lets say it's deadlift, you get to go last...So watch what all the other competitors get. Lets say the top guy gets 15 reps and you know you can do 30. Do 16 and walk away...If you are not in that position then you need to go all out each event, don't leave anything in the tank on any event, you will have plenty of time to recover in between events and regain strength and energy..

Again eat and drink during the contest, this is my number 1 suggestion, but most of all have fun, socialize and have a blast, it's an awesome time, and I would assume after doing one, you will be hooked.

Thanks bro, the info helps a lot haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Thanks bro, the info helps a lot haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Here are your events....

Jan 12 2013
Bigg dogg strongg
Winter STRONGGMAN challangge
Rahway nj.

1) Overhead medley
(Axle. Logg. DB. Block)

2) Car deadlift front handle!

3) Yoke/kegg medley
50ft each

4)Power stairs
3 stairs
3 implements

5) 5 Stone series+ bonus $100 stone

Classes
Novice lw and HW
Woman's lw and HW
Masters lw and HW
Over265

You are very welcome, feel free to post more questions in this thread...

Also can you update us on how you do, or even post some videos of any of your events here??

Always enjoy Strongman Competition footage...

You are very welcome, feel free to post more questions in this thread...

Also can you update us on how you do, or even post some videos of any of your events here??

Always enjoy Strongman Competition footage...

Definitely, Hopefully I get some good clear video's tomorrow. I'll post a vid as soon I can crunch them into 1 youtube vid.

Here's a couple of my recent one's, I should warn you my form tends to suck a lot. This forum is helping me a lot with making the move from gym jerkoff to strength athlete though lol.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JN9POuE8]Kevin OAK 405 Lb Incline Press - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFnkG-JFSGU]Kevin OAK 605 Lb Deadlift - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM96JcUlq2I]Kevin OAK Strongman Training 12-29-12, overhead press day. - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3LHd6TH920]Kevin OAK 495 lb Zercher Squat - YouTube[/ame]

Nice work, your base strength looks very good, and you have flexibility...so this is good, just be aware that gym lifts don't always convert to Strongman because now you will be moving and running with weights you are used to lifting in a static position.

You will see that Strongman is alot of technique and form and using the implements regularly is truly the only way to get better... PM me your State and area and I will line you up with the closest Strongman gym or Crew that trains for it.

Sheer strength can get you through some events, make sure you have chalk, straps, a good belt, knee wraps, elbow sleeve, and wrist wraps on hand...If you don't have them and need them, someone will let you borrow them :)

Best thing is that I can advise you, socialize and make friends with an experienced Strongman there, tell them you are new, and have them teach you the proper form on each lift, before you do it, don't try it the way you think would be best, ESPECIALLY STONES!!...this will go a long way :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity