over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

thinking about first strongman comp

Alwaysjoy

Featured Member
so my man is someone you all prob know, fubaseball and Im sure you all know hes kind of a badass and won tns strongest man comp this year. well the other night he had his strongman log in the gym and i was curious to try it. Loved it, did some more training over the weekend with other events and loved it some more. Thinking about doing a comp in August. Any advice, tips, personal experiences etc would be great. I want to put on stregth but am not ok with weight going up and dont think it should given my size and stats anyway. Am excited for the change in focus but also to see what my body will do. Normally I train for aesthetics. I am a trainer so I
am strong and have a solid lifting background, but nothing like strongman strong! Im starting from scratch with moves like squat and deadlift due to back issue last several years. Ill throw on some starting pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360713130.153731.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360713178.148160.jpg

I think I might have a few tips and tricks up my sleeve :D

Awesome, keep us updated on your progress :)

And what is 'tns'...Tennessee??

Congradulations on wanting to do a comp I love to see people get into this good luck keep us updated

? Double post =\

Last edited:
Alwaysjoy-
That's cool you want to get into it! I've been training for almost a year now and getting ready for my first comp also. Advice wise I'd say turn on the crazy in the gym. That ferocity will help a ton, don't focus on the numbers haha. I also have. But it's worth it for me. I enjoy the events much more than powerlifting.

Fubaseball- that's a badass title man!! Congrats!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360873235.119956.jpg

Hit a squat pr of 185 last night. Struggled but hit it. Felt rough But I used oly shoes for the first time and could tell a huge difference so I'm excited to see numbers get a little better. :) my coach is good!

Third time working with the log. started out feeling like I had been zapped of strength but managed to still push out some reps at the end of our work out for my first try at press for reps.

Also did a 175 deadlift for four reps like it wasn't shit. Could've done it for many more and I know I could've handled a lot more weight but we were trying not to get over anxious. super surprised at that because that's always been my weakest move and the one on the most afraid of given my back issue so now I'm super excited to watch that number go up!!!

Third time working with the log. started out feeling like I had been zapped of strength but managed to still push out some reps at the end of our work out for my first try at press for reps.

Also did a 175 deadlift for four reps like it wasn't shit. Could've done it for many more and I know I could've handled a lot more weight but we were trying not to get over anxious. super surprised at that because that's always been my weakest move and the one on the most afraid of given my back issue so now I'm super excited to watch that number go up!!!

Keep going you'll only get stronger.

[ame]http://youtu.be/RdNcXjloRvE[/ame]

Some 30 degree strongman training. Hands were froze, grip was shot and was tanked out! Did 5 series or these switching off and went up to 90lbs (each) on farmers for last set. 140 is my next goal shooting for. Tried working axle in but literally all I can manage with that is about a 30 sec static hold right now. all this stuff is really taxing on my grip because it's so new and different! My forearms about to explode!!!

You are also a bad ass, and you look incredible!! WOW!!!

I find your videos to be super inspiring even though I have never power lifted in my life!! I always watch ppl in the gym power lift and think its looks like a lot of fun and hard work. I think you should def go for it especially since you have a such a cool trainer!!

By the way....welcome to PM!!! :welcome:

Thank you miss Q!!! I've followed quite a few of your posts and you look awesome as well so that's a great compliment coming from you!! I have never done anything like this specifically either but it is crazy how well it goes with the way I like to train which is insane!! My coach is pretty cool and I may even be crushing on him a bit :) I just started a progress log since that's the more appropriate place to document this stuff!!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear