powerof2

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
**broken link removed**
1 Month later
**broken link removed**
Today
**broken link removed**
Umbilical hernia dr said best to get it fixed and get it behind me so I agreed. After my surgery I started to fill up with blood. Dr stitched threw my artery. By the time the decision was made to open me up I already lost 2.5 pints of blood. They closed me back up and once again I started filling up. This time I would vomit up what looked and smelled like blood and shit. They pumped me full of fluids and blood and went in for a 3rd time. I had ruptured my Bowel and went septic. They lost pressure 2 times during my surgery. After a 6 hr surgery the decided to put me into a coma for 2 day until they could close me up. They did two more surgeries on me adding up to 5 In 8 days. Im 10 weeks out now and need to get my ass back into shape. It’s kicking my ass so far. I having no drive. I Haven’t posted anything for a while. I’m hoping that it will help me spark some kind of fire under my ass. I still have a 20 lifting restriction but I can do machines that don’t require me to use my core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The attachments say invalid. I can’t view them.
My God! What a nightmare. That doctor totally screwed up.
I’m glad you survived!
Why are wanting to compete?

That's awful man! You and CG went through something similar (not the same). He was in a coma for 14 days due to bleeding out after a surgery for a bowel obstruction. Take it easy, don't push too fast. I know a couple of "tough guys" at the gym who had hernia surgery, thought they could do a modified workout and each one had to get another surgery to repair the damage they did! Best of luck!! The weights will always be there!

Like JJ said, the attachments don't work. Try uploading them again.

Last edited:
**broken link removed**
1 Month later
**broken link removed**
Today
**broken link removed**
Umbilical hernia dr said best to get it fixed and get it behind me so I agreed. After my surgery I started to fill up with blood. Dr stitched threw my artery. By the time the decision was made to open me up I already lost 2.5 pints of blood. They closed me back up and once again I started filling up. This time I would vomit up what looked and smelled like blood and shit. They pumped me full of fluids and blood and went in for a 3rd time. I had ruptured my Bowel and went septic. They lost pressure 2 times during my surgery. After a 6 hr surgery the decided to put me into a coma for 2 day until they could close me up. They did two more surgeries on me adding up to 5 In 8 days. Im 10 weeks out now and need to get my ass back into shape. It’s kicking my ass so far. I having no drive. I Haven’t posted anything for a while. I’m hoping that it will help me spark some kind of fire under my ass. I still have a 20 lifting restriction but I can do machines that don’t require me to use my core.

Hope you have a good lawyer. Very routine surgery.

The attachments say invalid. I can’t view them.

My God! What a nightmare. That doctor totally screwed up.

I’m glad you survived!

Why are wanting to compete?

Just want to get my body back

IMG_0303.jpg
IMG_0032.jpg
IMG_0161.jpg

Last edited:
That sucks man, I hate that you had to go through that but I'm glad you're up and moving around.

Take it slow and keep trying to make small progress each day. You know your body will come back in time, don't try to rush it. Let your body use all its resources for healing from this surgery for now.

Just want to get my body back

You will...just give yourself a little time.

I went through something similar in 2013 when I had emergency surg for a ruptured peritoneal abscess. Went septic. No wound vac but the surgeon put in 4 JP drains. 2 days in ICU and 9 on a GI floor. I was told it took 4 RN's to hold me down when I first woke up. I spent those first 2 days in 5 point restraints according to my wife. I don't remember anything until I got to the GI floor.

I'd seriously consider taking some time off and reevaluate your goals.

Definitely terrible news and I wish you well but don't you think it would be wise to put the competition on hold for now? At least until you're 100% back to normal. Like some wise men have said before: that plastic trophy isn't worth risking your health for.

Wow, im glad i didnt read this thread earlier this week. I just had bilateral sports hernia surgery 3 days ago. I wouldve been much more nervous having heard what happened to you. Im glad you're doing better brother. I hope you heal quickly.

**broken link removed**
1 Month later
**broken link removed**
Today
**broken link removed**

Damn. Sounds like malpractice to me. Are you going to explore that with a lawyer. I would. Im glad you made it through ok. A lot of pain and suffering you have gone through, and lost wages at work.

Have they offered you any compensation? I bet the medical bills are going to be through the roof. That should have been a minor out patient surgery. I had one about 15 years ago. Real sorry to hear about your experience. You sounds really good for having gone through what you did. You could have died.

That's awful man! You and CG went through something similar (not the same). He was in a coma for 14 days due to bleeding out after a surgery for a bowel obstruction. Take it easy, don't push too fast. I know a couple of "tough guys" at the gym who had hernia surgery, thought they could do a modified workout and each one had to get another surgery to repair the damage they did! Best of luck!! The weights will always be there!

Like JJ said, the attachments don't work. Try uploading them again.

That's right. I blew most of mine back out about 4 months later doing dead lifts. By then it should have been safe, but it wasn't. They tell you that it will heal so that it is stronger than it was before when it was natural. I learned that wasn't true for me at least. Mine is still blown out, haven't had it fixed again.

That's right. I blew most of mine back out about 4 months later doing dead lifts. By then it should have been safe, but it wasn't. They tell you that it will heal so that it is stronger than it was before when it was natural. I learned that wasn't true for me at least. Mine is still blown out, haven't had it fixed again.

Man I hear a lot of people blowing it back out. I’ll never be able to go heavy again. They removed all the mesh from the first surgery. So I no am at huge risk of one anywhere in my stomach. I was luck financially it was all work comp.

Man I hear a lot of people blowing it back out. I’ll never be able to go heavy again. They removed all the mesh from the first surgery. So I no am at huge risk of one anywhere in my stomach. I was luck financially it was all work comp.

Glad to hear about the expense being taken care of. You don't seem to harbor much ill will against the doctor who caused this mishap. I admire that. I don't think I would be able to be like that.

I had a nurse screw up my IV meds after my heart attack and put me in danger. I was angry but forgave him. Probably better for your health to just move on and stay positive like you are now. You sound like a true optimist.

Take the training slow. I wonder why they didn't put mesh back in there when it was all over. Didn't they know about your bodybuilding? You job must be physical too for it to be considered workman's comp. Can you go back to working the same job?

I have the same hernia, noticed the outie around 20+ years ago while dieting down for a show. Doc said if I can live with it don't do the surgery, so I have been lifting all this time with a penis in my belly. It only bother me when I do any stretching with weights. Hearing your story, makes me glad I didn't do it, I wish you a speedy recovery.

I just had this surgery done about 6 weeks ago and the recovery was not fun but I can't imagine going through what you did! Wish you a speedy recovery bro!

Damn, I had this done in 2014 also. I thought it was routine surgery but with almost any surgery shit can wrong. I had a friend who had wisdom teeth pulled that turned into a mess looked likeca pumpkin for a month. crazy stuff until it happens to you or someone you know. Hope your back 100 soon.

Damn, I had this done in 2014 also. I thought it was routine surgery but with almost any surgery shit can wrong. I had a friend who had wisdom teeth pulled that turned into a mess looked likeca pumpkin for a month. crazy stuff until it happens to you or someone you know. Hope your back 100 soon.

Yes, surgery can go wrong for sure. It is one reason now that the doctors want me to avoid surgery at all costs, only do it if I must.

Remember Joan Rivers? Had some kind of elective surgery on her throat. Supposed to be minor and she had a reaction to the sedative I think. She died.

Glad to hear about the expense being taken care of. You don't seem to harbor much ill will against the doctor who caused this mishap. I admire that. I don't think I would be able to be like that.

I had a nurse screw up my IV meds after my heart attack and put me in danger. I was angry but forgave him. Probably better for your health to just move on and stay positive like you are now. You sound like a true optimist.

Take the training slow. I wonder why they didn't put mesh back in there when it was all over. Didn't they know about your bodybuilding? You job must be physical too for it to be considered workman's comp. Can you go back to working the same job?

They had to take it out due to going septic. They never close the wound. It just slowly closed over months. I have a hard time being judgmental on others. We all fuck up.

I have a hard time being judgmental on others. We all fuck up.

Yeah, but they are professionals and you could have died. You have suffered some serious pain and it was all for no reason. I would be very angry. It is a good thing that nothing worse happened to you.

Your mind set is going to make your recovery a lot better I think. Hang in there and you will be feeling great again. As far as the lifting heavy again someday, what have the doctors told you? I wonder how that is going to hold up for you? Last thing you want is to tear that muscle again and end up with a huge hernia running down your abs. I wonder if you need it later, if they could go back in and use mesh. That area is probably all torn up now and they don't want to mess with it again until it has healed up.

Please be careful. Is your job physical?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws