over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Frying pan(s)?

Reload

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Any suggestions on a top quality set of pans?
For cooking protein: eggs, beef, chicken etc.
I need something that's gonna take the abuse of daily use!

If you want a pan that will take daily abuse and never fail you go with cast iron.

Just remember to keep it seasoned and it will last forever, literally lol. I use a cast iron pan for most of my meal prep that has been passed down to me that was originally my great grandfather's. Its literally going on 100 years.

T-Fal nonstick pans, available on Amazon. I've used them for years for everything - noodles, eggs, steak, shrimp, veggies, etc. They're endorsed by America's Test Kitchen.

carbon steel would be my choice, bluskillet is great as is blanc creatives

Ha cool! I just ordered me a new one have not got it yet. Cuisinart cil30-20hrn castlite non-stick cast iron square grill pan 11 inch. Amazon check it out. This one is ranked about third best they can get pretty expensive.

I cook a ton and have used Cephalon pans. They are nonstick as well. A set last me years. I always worry about the nonstick coat wears away over time and most likely you ingest some of it. This always made me want to find an alternative.

Are cast iron pans pretty nonstick if you season them? I'm glad the OP made this post.

I like any ceramic pans because it cuts down on the amount of oil needed to keep food from sticking on pan. Using pam spray or any non stick oil substitute works well with these pans and using a rubber spatula cuts down on wear and tear and prevents scraping on pan.

Cast iron is heavy duty and will last for forever but it requires so much oil to prevent sticking at high temps.

Last edited:
I have a really seasoned Lodge used it for years,can fry and egg without it sticking. Wish i had a Griswold tho.

Ha cool! I just ordered me a new one have not got it yet. Cuisinart cil30-20hrn castlite non-stick cast iron square grill pan 11 inch. Amazon check it out. This one is ranked about third best they can get pretty expensive.

Nice looking pan. I might pick one up.

If you want a pan that will take daily abuse and never fail you go with cast iron.

Just remember to keep it seasoned and it will last forever, literally lol. I use a cast iron pan for most of my meal prep that has been passed down to me that was originally my great grandfather's. Its literally going on 100 years.

How do you clean it without losing the seasoning?

I like any ceramic pans because it cuts down on the amount of oil needed to keep food from sticking on pan. Using pam spray or any non stick oil substitute works well with these pans and using a rubber spatula cuts down on wear and tear and prevents scraping on pan.

Cast iron is heavy duty and will last for forever but it requires so much oil to prevent sticking at high temps.

I like ceramic a lot too. I also like a pan that is aluminum or some other light weight metal.

Yes any relatively expensive ceramic pan should be gtg.

I have been using my calphalon pans for over a decade and they look like new. They need very little oil. And I quit using most nonstick pans long ago as they are made from carcinogenic materials, and ingesting the residue over many years makes me wonder about the consequences.

I have been using my calphalon pans for over a decade and they look like new. They need very little oil. And I quit using most nonstick pans long ago as they are made from carcinogenic materials, and ingesting the residue over many years makes me wonder about the consequences.

Calphalon i have one too,great pan.

Bed Bath & Beyond...geez there's some expensive pans out there! Ceramic looks to be the way to go. Cast iron wasn't even an option. The sales lady just shrugged her shoulders and pointed out the $360 set? Seriously?! Explained that I just need a quality pan that I can use daily for the am routine. Calphalon ceramic is what I ended up purchasing. Thanks all for the suggestions. Time to get my grub on. Picked up a Wok as well for the veggies and a set of Pyrex glass containers.

Next...a decent blender. Blendtec or Vitamix?

Last edited:
I have bought tons of blenders over the years. Never anything over $100.

If it has greater than 500watts it can blend my smoothies well enough for me. Anything less than 500watts seems to leave chunks.

I have heard good things about Vitamix though. They can get pricey.

Highly recommend ikea pots and pans. I have the oumbarlig but have heard good things about the 365 series. Both are aluminum between 2 layers of steel. In my household the thing gets used 3-4 times a day and it looks just as new as when we got it a year ago. Even better it’s about $30 so replacing it isn’t an issue if it ever gets worn down.

Bed Bath & Beyond...geez there's some expensive pans out there! Ceramic looks to be the way to go. Cast iron wasn't even an option. The sales lady just shrugged her shoulders and pointed out the $360 set? Seriously?! Explained that I just need a quality pan that I can use daily for the am routine. Calphalon ceramic is what I ended up purchasing. Thanks all for the suggestions. Time to get my grub on. Picked up a Wok as well for the veggies and a set of Pyrex glass containers.

Both of those are very good. I use the 900w ninja with the tower blades the exact same one Rich Piana used, shake time god damnit :D

I didn't even know calphalon made ceramics, all of mine are hard anodized ones. I looked at ceramics a few years ago and the anodised still usually got better reviews from what I saw. But ceramics may have improved since then.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws