over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil hernon

tornquad201

Registered
Any opinion on Phil training each bodypart everyday for only one set too failure

I was trained by him for two years........his initial training routines and diet advise were great and I still think the routine he first gave me is one of the best I've used. I alternate between his and DC.

With that being said I stopped using him when his "routines" started becoming quite......................off the wall.

Personally the thought of going all out to failure on each bodypart every day doesn't not seem like a good idea. But..................I've never tried it either.

I was trained by him for two years........his initial training routines and diet advise were great and I still think the routine he first gave me is one of the best I've used. I alternate between his and DC.

With that being said I stopped using him when his "routines" started becoming quite......................off the wall.

Personally the thought of going all out to failure on each bodypart every day doesn't not seem like a good idea. But..................I've never tried it either.

Could you somewhat describe how the first workout he sent you was like?

Phil Hernon..!

I learned more from Phil than everybody else combined!

Could you somewhat describe how the first workout he sent you was like?

Three way split, one exercise per bodypart for 3 sets to failure.
Nothing fancy, most compound exercises.
Genius in its simplicity.

If you're still looking at training splits, then Phil is probably way over your head. He's more of a:
longevity, sustainability, healthy, "eat when hungry" Humanofort"
kind of bodybuilder

I'd love to hear results from people that have tried it.

Three way split, one exercise per bodypart for 3 sets to failure.
Nothing fancy, most compound exercises.
Genius in its simplicity.

What was each split like?

Just pick up a copy of OTS Big Beyond Belief. Has the cumulative knowledge of Phil Hernon, Leo Costa Jr., Russ Horine and numerous other notable trainers that they 'stole' training techniques from.

Phils training and diet approach really helped me out. I still do it to this day. I learned a lot from him and his methods. I won't share details out of respect for him but if you search his old posts on here you can flesh it together. Gist of it is frequent training with compound movements and low number of sets.
Hit him up and see if he would train you or at least divulge his old training style as opposed to his new stuff with bands and bosu balls. I think his new training works, I mean look at the guy he's still really big and great definition even with all his health probs. I just find training with weights more enjoyable.

I've made a thread on it half a year ago, search for it to get more opinions

But I've tried it, didn't work any better or any worse than any other form of training. Which made me conclude training is necessary but how you go about it is eventually not that important in the grand scheme of things. Just make sure you don't overtrain and you're good to go. (1 set to failure per muscle group per day shouldn't be overtraining when on AAS or maybe even off AAS)

So in conclusion: it's worth the try, maybe you'll like it more than another way of training and have found your new thing.

Any opinion on Phil training each bodypart everyday for only one set too failure

im not sure about this one exactly, lol for sure i never spoke to him about every body part ed to failure. he did have some great ideas and is/was a great source of info. diet and exercises in particular.

i did the 1 set to failure thing and i called him up after a few weeks and said i am afraid i am getting weaker cuz i dont use as heavy of weight like i did when i would pyramid down doing the 3 day training split. .
he said, ok tomo go back to our 3 day split. i did and i was stronger!?
he said, you see, the muscle just needs stimulation. doesnt really matter what kind.
from that day forward i have always preached work out however you want. your wkout routine is the smallest factor in all of bodybuilding. which is ironic as hell but i haver proven it to be true several times in my life.
-F2S

i did the 1 set to failure thing and i called him up after a few weeks and said i am afraid i am getting weaker cuz i dont use as heavy of weight like i did when i would pyramid down doing the 3 day training split. .
he said, you see, the muscle just needs stimulation. doesnt really matter what kind.
from that day forward i have always preached work out however you want. your wkout routine is the smallest factor in all of bodybuilding. which is ironic as hell but i haver proven it to be true several times in my life.
-F2S

Exactly.

-F2S
Yeah, what did the late Vince Gironda say, bodybuilding is 85% diet and nutrition?

Last edited:
If you're still looking at training splits, then Phil is probably way over your head. He's more of a:
longevity, sustainability, healthy, "eat when hungry" Humanofort"
kind of bodybuilder

Ya I remember like 10 years ago a whole different person posting but I hear he’s having some health issues which I hate but especially someone that gave a lot of their time.

Care to share his old training splits he prescribed you?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYzcLc9Dak0"]A forgotten monster - YouTube[/ame]

Why does Nick always have to talk like it's the first time we've heard something?

This guy sounds like he has done something similar with good results.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr1MHc1VtKo"]A Natural Bodybuilder's BEST Way to Stimulate Growth - YouTube[/ame]

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member