over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best nootropic?

NEMSZ

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys, so this is more for my mom though I’ve been interested in this as well. She insists on things of the level of Modanifil or Phentermine type of drugs to be alert and focus at work etc but I don’t want her using any of that, she will literally take a pill for anything and any feeling.. Can’t sleep? Pill... Drowsy? Pill...Can’t take a shit? Pill.... Etc... I’ve tried getting her to quit with that way of being and it’s a work in progress though very annoying.. I told her about natural nootropics and she was interested but I don’t know much about them or what to use etc...

Only one I’ve really heard of is Alpha Brain but have read many reviews stating it’s over priced for what it is and not very effective etc and that individual nootropics work better...

Any help and guidance on this subject is greatly appreciated...

Something without caffeine also guys :eek: lol (that’s my interest as I don’t do well with stimulants anymore)

This has been talked about a lot here and generally the reply’s say to buy specific ingredients instead of certain products like Alpha Brain

This has been talked about a lot here and generally the reply’s say to buy specific ingredients instead of certain products like Alpha Brain

I know but the search function is absolute garbage on this site (something I wish would be improved because I enjoy everything else about this place) and I haven’t really read the threads that talked about the subject when they were current because it just came to my attention...

I saw another thread talking about Alpha GPC and have read a bit on that but I didn’t know anything about it until I opened the thread and saw it’s related to the subject...

Either way, there shouldn’t be a problem with asking anything because unless it’s a current, new study of something that comes out, everything has pretty much been talked about 100+ times... From diet, to drugs, to types of training, to what protein is best etc but people’s experiences and opinions etc change over time..

1. A hour long morning walk in the sun

2. 48hr salt water or dry fast

Stimulation from inside out seems to longer lasting and more fulfilling then stimulation from exogenous sources.

That said if you must then I would suggest smoking on some legal cbd hemp
Theres just a touch of thc in legal hemp to stimulate the mind while not also leaving you impaired. So you have laser focus and can still function at a high level while going about your day.

Hey guys, so this is more for my mom though I’ve been interested in this as well. She insists on things of the level of Modanifil or Phentermine type of drugs to be alert and focus at work etc but I don’t want her using any of that, she will literally take a pill for anything and any feeling.. Can’t sleep? Pill... Drowsy? Pill...Can’t take a shit? Pill.... Etc... I’ve tried getting her to quit with that way of being and it’s a work in progress though very annoying.. I told her about natural nootropics and she was interested but I don’t know much about them or what to use etc...

Only one I’ve really heard of is Alpha Brain but have read many reviews stating it’s over priced for what it is and not very effective etc and that individual nootropics work better...

Any help and guidance on this subject is greatly appreciated...

Something without caffeine also guys :eek: lol (that’s my interest as I don’t do well with stimulants anymore)
well if u dont want her taking a substance for everything why are u asking? Just confusing...regardless, some that i like are Provigil, Selegiline, Walklert...but you should be clearer on what trype of nootropic ur looking for. im guessing to improve cognition. Other compounds can fight off possible on set of dementia are Exelon patch and Aricept. Life extension would be Metformin.

Last edited:
1. A hour long morning walk in the sun

2. 48hr salt water or dry fast

Stimulation from inside out seems to longer lasting and more fulfilling then stimulation from exogenous sources.

That said if you must then I would suggest smoking on some legal cbd hemp
Theres just a touch of thc in legal hemp to stimulate the mind while not also leaving you impaired. So you have laser focus and can still function at a high level while going about your day.

I’m very aware of the benefits of exercise/cardio and breathing/stretching/yoga etc and I plan on doing more of this type of training along with my functional fitness routine and a BJJ school I’ll be starting soon (finally found a good school) and I do IF for the most part but;

This is more a suggestion for my mom as I said in my OP,

She doesn’t have a nutrient filled diet and her “exercise” is 20-30 min on a peloton cycle machine at a casual pace... I’ve tried FOR YEARS to help her change her lifestyle and eat better and exercise and do some yoga/meditation etc and she just makes excuses and says “I don’t like that” whenever I make food suggestions... It’s really frustrating to say the least as she isn’t “old” (51) and doesn’t look it at all but her body could use some toning and I do worry about her overall health as I said, she doesn’t eat ANY nutrient filled foods..

She literally lives off of canned tuna and lettuce and maybe half a pear (her main meal most days) and sometimes she’ll have some oatmeal with some fruit (a couple pieces of strawberries and bananas and blue berries thrown in) a couple times a week. No meat. No chicken. MAYBE a piece of salmon once a week or 2 weeks.. No veggies what so ever. BUT she’ll pick at bullshit like chips and cookies and sugary hot teas etc and have a couple alcoholic drinks a week... That’s literally her full diet..

As I said, I’ve tried for YEARS ago help her change these things and it literally turns into a huge argument..

Anyway, that being said, just looking for something she can take that works, that’s natural so she doesn’t have to jump on Pharma stimulants etc and maybe she can give the other natural lifestyle changes a real try...

well if u dont want her taking a substance for everything why are u asking? Just confusing...regardless, some that i like are Provigil, Selegiline, Walklert...but you should be clearer on what trype of nootropic ur looking for. im guessing to improve cognition. Other compounds can fight off possible on set of dementia are Exelon patch and Aricept. Life extension would be Metformin.

Not trying to come off angry but I don’t think you read anything of what I wrote and went straight to judging...

I said she usually goes for stimulants/Pharma products like Modafinil (Provigil) or Phentermine etc and I don’t want her taking any of those types of things...

Yes to improve cognition and focus and alertness etc...

I was looking for natural products that can maybe improve any type of imbalance or deficiency she may have in that department as if you read my ENTIRE post just above I say she has a shit diet and exercise/lifestyle and it’s been almost impossible to get her to improve any of that...

That being said, is a natural nootropic going to be a miracle and make up for those shitty factors? Of course not, I KNOW THIS... But she doesn’t lol so if the supplement can actually help, even 2%, I’m hoping placebo can take over and she can get some momentum and want to listen to me/try to change certain things...

Don't buy the combo nootropics because they're usually underdosing each ingredient in some blend. Same reason why multivitamins usually fail.

Alpha GPC, Phosphatidylserine, Rhodiola, and Lion's Mane are some good ones. The good thing is these things provide health benefits on top of the mild cognitive enhancement.

Only with caffeine ime. The combination is golden but since you want to avoid caffeine...

Well my mom doesn’t mind caffeine/stimulants but I’m not a fan at all.. I feel it would just skyrocket my anxiety.. But thank you..

Don't buy the combo nootropics because they're usually underdosing each ingredient in some blend. Same reason why multivitamins usually fail.

Alpha GPC, Phosphatidylserine, Rhodiola, and Lion's Mane are some good ones. The good thing is these things provide health benefits on top of the mild cognitive enhancement.

PM’d you bro..

Modafinil blows everything else out of the water.

My personal favorite is Rhodiola rosea.

So just commentary her but it sounds like you don’t want her taking those things because you don’t do well with them and that’s it.

Honestly if she does well with modafinil I’d just go with that. I didn’t like it that much but many do. Skip the moderately effective compounds and go to the extremely effective. Very low risk of side effects as well.

She doesn’t have a nutrient filled diet and her “exercise” is 20-30 min on a peloton cycle machine at a casual pace.

She don`t need drugs, she needs NUTRITION, sleep, water! How can she possibly feel alive and energized with poor fuel? You want to help her? Stop enabling her with more drug or supp ideas. If she "doesn`t like exercise", let her know probably the most important reason for a 51 y/o, likely menopausal woman (more likely because of shitty diet) to exercise and resistance train is to fight off osteoporosis! To keep her bones strong. Some muscle to continue life on her own for many years. Ask her, why do astronauts have to exercise 2 hours a day in space? Lack of gravity is that much less strain on bones, which keeps them strong. Without 2 hours per day a young healthy astronaut would have his bones breakdown very fast. Same concept for her. Use it or lose it.

I recently tried phenylpiracetam and bromantane.
The phenylpiracetam gives a mild (for some more intense), quick kick. It stops working the same for most if used daily. Supposed to be very safe. A Russian "adaptogenic" OTC drug, known for having been used by cosmonauts in space.

Bromantane is supposed to be safe and actually good for the brain and is supposed to lack the negative effects on CV system of strong stimulants. I found it takes a couple of hours to kick in and that the effect lasts like 12 hours - the effect is mildly stimulating, a dopaminergic feel-good effect with noticeable anti-anxiety effects.
Some effects are supposed to persist for months after stopping. Another Russian OTC drug, which ceased being produced not long ago. Available from supp and RC vendors.

Yeah and I tried Noopept as well which didn't do much for me. Supposed to be very safe as well.

I have a compound called 9-Me-BC coming in tomorrow. This is supposed to be a mild compound that boosts dopamine and can "heal" the brain from different insults in theory.

Another Russian drug I'm now using and will use for a few months is Emoxypine which is based on the vitamin b6 structure. It's supposed to have brain boosting, anti-oxidant, anti-anxiety, and brain healing effects by resetting different neurochemical systems. Even good for the CV system. I think I notice a mild effect on mood - less anxious and more relaxed.

I'm in Europe but I know several of these can easily be had in the US through Nootropic vendors.

Last edited:
Well my mom doesn’t mind caffeine/stimulants but I’m not a fan at all.. I feel it would just skyrocket my anxiety.. But thank you..

I know I know, but 200mg of theanine combined with 1 cup of coffee (or +- 100mg caffeine) is golden. The theanine takes the edge off while you have the concentration of the caffeine.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131