over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do fat burners work

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
We alway see people asking which “fat burner” to use , which works better , which ones stack best with other ones.
So I was thinking about what mechanisms that these different ones use. Like we know that HGH helps release fat to be burned , yohimbine helps to release and oxide fat , L-Carnitine help mobilize fat to be burned as energy , DNP well I’m not really sure exactly how it works , T3 raises metabolism.

Is anyone exactly sure how these compounds work??

What would be the best sup to stack with what??

I'll start...

Clenbuterol works by increasing basal lipolysis via direct lipolytic stimulation and inhibiting lipogenesis.

This study states:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/clenbuterol

"Clenbuterol is an agonist at the beta-2 adrenergic receptor, which is a member of the 7-transmembrane receptor superfamily and activates adenylate cyclase, the end result of which is a relaxation of smooth bronchial muscle and a decrease in airway obstruction (Johnson, 1998). Its activation of beta-2 adrenergic receptors on skeletal muscle and adipose tissue is thought to be responsible for the anabolic and lipolytic properties of clenbuterol, respectively (Mauriege et al., 1988; Robinson, 2000). Although the stimulation of lipolysis is the classic cyclic AMP-dependent pathway, exactly how beta 2- adrenergic receptor agonism increases skeletal muscle size is not entirely clear. In animal models, both a reduction in calcium and ATP-dependent proteolysis, as well as an increase in protein synthesis have been demonstrated (Burniston et al., 2007)"

Type in Google search " ______ <--(drug/compound) along with mitochondrial uncoupling protein-1, 2 and 3" (UCP1, UCP2 and UCP3). Try not to extrapolate in-vitro to in-vivo when drawing a conclusion.

That'll be your basic understanding of thermogenesis.

DNP (Uncoupler, best fat burner in existence)
T3 (Metabolic increase, helps with DNP lethargy, potential thyroid suppression)
Phentermine or Adderall (Appetite Suppression, helps with carb cravings)

This is my ultimate stack.

OK in English,
Most fat burners are considered Thermogenic, which means "To Heat" Most stimulants raise you bodies temperature which (not sure the exact process) make you burn calories faster.
90% of them over the counter are just massive amounts of caffeine. Say right on the label. Anything over 200mgs is a lot. I've have seen them with up to 500!
This is why Clen makes you shake and as a bi-product causes you to burn more calories. I believe DNP is the ultimate Thermogenic, and therefore as most will agree the most dangerous.
I could be off base with some of my descriptions, but there is no shortcut to diet and cardio!

Well, there's a lot of this so called No short cut talk...yet plenty of people injecting themselves several times a day with various AAS, GH, Peptides...etc. They might think other wise.

We alway see people asking which “fat burner” to use , which works better , which ones stack best with other ones.
So I was thinking about what mechanisms that these different ones use. Like we know that HGH helps release fat to be burned , yohimbine helps to release and oxide fat , L-Carnitine help mobilize fat to be burned as energy , DNP well I’m not really sure exactly how it works , T3 raises metabolism.

Is anyone exactly sure how these compounds work??

What would be the best sup to stack with what??

Yohimbine: Alpha adrenergic 2 receptor antagonist. It blocks this receptor which is found in higher quantities in stubborn fat like low abs, etc.

T3: Increases lipolysis but also protein breakdown and glycogen turn over. Fairly poor compound on it's own but can potentiate the effects of other fat burners by sensitizing adrenergic receptors to stimulants. In higher doses +50 mcg can make you flat, decrease endurance and strength.

HGH: Increases the body's use of fat for energy instead of glucose. It has been shown in studies to increase resting metabolic rate.

Ephedrine or EC stack: Beta adrenergic receptor agonist. Activates beta receptors which increases lipolysis and is a powerful stimulant as well as appetite suppressant, everything you need on a cut. Works great as a pre-workout and makes it easier to eat less.

Clenbuterol: Similar to Ephedrine with the same mechanism of action. It can help you breath easier which is useful if you get shortness of breath from trenbolone. Some people get bad shakes from it, but it's effective. Numbers are thrown around that it can increase your TDEE by 10% but haven't seen any hard data to support that.

DNP: Makes the mitochondria less efficient at producing energy, thereby producing excess energy as heat. At 250 mg, fairly safe compound with mild sides but can kill you at higher doses due to there being no limit on how much heat it will make you produce in excess dosages. Sides are much more apparent past 250 mg and can include fatigue and increased hunger.

My 2 cents:

Caloric deficit is king and 90% of your results will come from your deficit. 20-30% depending on how aggressive you want to be is ideal. Some people push to 40% deficit, but risk of muscle and strength loss is much higher.

Yohimbine is ideal when you are at 12% and under since it works best on stubborn fat.

Ephedrine is a good overall fat burner since it increases TDEE(calories burned daily), decreases appetite making deficit easier, and powerful stimulant to keep your workouts intense even though you are on a deficit and depleted.

DNP is the most potent and potentially dangerous (if used irresponsibly).

T3 is great for lagging energy levels on a cut and at 25-50 mcg can restore energy but it can also increase appetite.

You can stack caffeine with pretty much any one of the fat burners.

Last edited:
I think Adderall/Phentermine/Amphetamine in general is worth noting as well because of it's ability to mobilize free fatty acids.

I know back in the day many considered ephedra to be superior to clen, or at the very least a short acting version of clen. Then more recently i have read on some boards that clen is a potent fat burner where ephedra really just dries you out. To me that makes little sense as they both burn fat by the same mechanism. If clen burns fat then ephedra should too ( in theory). Any thoughts on this, clen vs ephedra?

Yohimbine: Alpha adrenergic 2 receptor antagonist. It blocks this receptor which is found in higher quantities in stubborn fat like low abs, etc.

T3: Increases lipolysis but also protein breakdown and glycogen turn over. Fairly poor compound on it's own but can potentiate the effects of other fat burners by sensitizing adrenergic receptors to stimulants. In higher doses +50 mcg can make you flat, decrease endurance and strength.

HGH: Increases the body's use of fat for energy instead of glucose. It has been shown in studies to increase resting metabolic rate.

Ephedrine or EC stack: Beta adrenergic receptor agonist. Activates beta receptors which increases lipolysis and is a powerful stimulant as well as appetite suppressant, everything you need on a cut. Works great as a pre-workout and makes it easier to eat less.

Clenbuterol: Similar to Ephedrine with the same mechanism of action. It can help you breath easier which is useful if you get shortness of breath from trenbolone. Some people get bad shakes from it, but it's effective. Numbers are thrown around that it can increase your TDEE by 10% but haven't seen any hard data to support that.

DNP: Makes the mitochondria less efficient at producing energy, thereby producing excess energy as heat. At 250 mg, fairly safe compound with mild sides but can kill you at higher doses due to there being no limit on how much heat it will make you produce in excess dosages. Sides are much more apparent past 250 mg and can include fatigue and increased hunger.

My 2 cents:

Caloric deficit is king and 90% of your results will come from your deficit. 20-30% depending on how aggressive you want to be is ideal. Some people push to 40% deficit, but risk of muscle and strength loss is much higher.

Yohimbine is ideal when you are at 12% and under since it works best on stubborn fat.

Ephedrine is a good overall fat burner since it increases TDEE(calories burned daily), decreases appetite making deficit easier, and powerful stimulant to keep your workouts intense even though you are on a deficit and depleted.

DNP is the most potent and potentially dangerous (if used irresponsibly).

T3 is great for lagging energy levels on a cut and at 25-50 mcg can restore energy but it can also increase appetite.

You can stack caffeine with pretty much any one of the fat burners.

Swifto and Stewie are obviously extremely intelligent and well educated on the science of it all. I think their knowledge is extremely valuable to the board/lifting community to balance all the broscience.

However I think this is a great basic explanation for the layman as well.

I know back in the day many considered ephedra to be superior to clen, or at the very least a short acting version of clen. Then more recently i have read on some boards that clen is a potent fat burner where ephedra really just dries you out. To me that makes little sense as they both burn fat by the same mechanism. If clen burns fat then ephedra should too ( in theory). Any thoughts on this, clen vs ephedra?

Studies show ephedrine has a small effect on tdee. The biggest thing I get from EC is appetite suppression and some energy. I only use it sparingly though, as the appetite suppression effects for me diminish with continued usage.

I would like to, but there is no evidence that DNP eliminates fat cells. I would also like DNP to eliminate lipomes. :eek:

I would like to, but there is no evidence that DNP eliminates fat cells. I would also like DNP to eliminate lipomes. :eek:

It purportedly promotes neurogenesis in embryonic stem cells.

No neurodegeneration going on up in this fathead, loss of lipocytes or not!

It purportedly promotes neurogenesis in embryonic stem cells.

No neurodegeneration going on up in this fathead, loss of lipocytes or not!

I don't quite understand bro.

I don't quite understand bro.

Low dose DNP is purportedly neuroregenerative/neuroprotective. Essentially, supposedly lessens the burdens of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Huntington's.

Granted this hasn't been studied in human models, in contrast, in animal models seemed to lessen the burden state associated with these diseases.

CRMP (low dose DNP-controlled-release mitochondrial protonophore) has been studied quite extensively in animal models showing promising effects on reversing hypertriglyceridemia, NASH and T2D in animal models.

Getting to the phase trials of human subjects may not be too far off in the distance future.

Lipocytes are fat cells, ya die with what you're born with.

Last edited:
DNP: Makes the mitochondria less efficient at producing energy, thereby producing excess energy as heat. At 250 mg, fairly safe compound with mild sides but can kill you at higher doses due to there being no limit on how much heat it will make you produce in excess dosages.

it's not the heat that kills you

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner