over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help me interpret my semen analysis

superbigd

Registered
Hi guys,
Just got a semen analysis done earlier. I made the mistake of getting bras the night before at like 7pm, where I should have abstained for 2 days.

Regardless can someone help me understand my test results? Thanks boys

Btw I’m 33 and have been on TRT since 25 and in the past two years started using HCG twice a week at 250 each time. Haven’t ran more than 200mg total combined of any compounds in 4 or 5 years (aka no cycles)

Attachments

• A7B2FF38-CCF3-49B7-8F9A-8386D7724A22.jpeg
    A7B2FF38-CCF3-49B7-8F9A-8386D7724A22.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 206
Didn't your doctor help you interpret the results??

My doctor appointment isn’t for another two weeks. Figured I would throw it out to the boys for some initial feedback

You aren’t azoospermic but you’re close. Your count is too low to do fertility (except maybe IVF/ICSI) and just be raised with HMG/FSH and HCG. If this is for fertility, you will get referred to a urologist if you don’t already have one for blood work. I just went through this.

Is it possible to raise my sperm count so I don’t have to rely on ivf? It also doesn’t help that I literally got head 12 hours before this test, right?

You had an orgasm the night before around 7pm? If that is the case then that probably threw off the results quite a bit, but not sure. Tell your doctor about what happened and see what he says.

Although your results would indicate that you are oligospermic (low sperm count) approaching azoospermic (no sperm count), in reality it's impossible to tell, because you screwed up the results by having sex the night before, when you were supposed to abstain for 2 days beforehand.

No offense to you, but why even do the semen analysis if you had an orgasm the night before? This makes the results of the test essentially meaningless.

Do the test over, and this time have the discipline to do it right, and abstain from sex for the prescribed time before the semen analysis. That's the only way for you to actually get accurate results.

And if you do the test again, the right way, and the results come back saying you have a low or no sperm count, don't worry about it. You can use HCG and HMG, or HCG and FSH, and as long as there are no underlying medical issues, your sperm count will go up.

HCG and HMG worked for me, and I have been on testosterone and other steroids for over 27 years. I had zero sperm count back in November of 2017, and by October of 2018 I had built that up to 35 million per ml using HCG and HMG. My wife is now six months pregnant, and we are expecting our healthy baby girl in November.

So don't lose hope. If I could do it, you can do it. But you need to get an accurate semen analysis first, and that means abstaining from sex for at least two days before taking the test.

Best wishes to you, and I hope everything works out for the best.

Although your results would indicate that you are oligospermic (low sperm count) approaching azoospermic (no sperm count), in reality it's impossible to tell, because you screwed up the results by having sex the night before, when you were supposed to abstain for 2 days beforehand.

No offense to you, but why even do the semen analysis if you had an orgasm the night before? This makes the results of the test essentially meaningless.

Do the test over, and this time have the discipline to do it right, and abstain from sex for the prescribed time before the semen analysis. That's the only way for you to actually get accurate results.

And if you do the test again, the right way, and the results come back saying you have a low or no sperm count, don't worry about it. You can use HCG and HMG, or HCG and FSH, and as long as there are no underlying medical issues, your sperm count will go up.

HCG and HMG worked for me, and I have been on testosterone and other steroids for over 27 years. I had zero sperm count back in November of 2017, and by October of 2018 I had built that up to 35 million per ml using HCG and HMG. My wife is now six months pregnant, and we are expecting our healthy baby girl in November.

So don't lose hope. If I could do it, you can do it. But you need to get an accurate semen analysis first, and that means abstaining from sex for at least two days before taking the test.

Hey Sides, congrats to you and your family dude. Honestly it was a lapse in judgement where I didn’t read the instructions prior to going, so I didnt realize this 2 day window thing to be an issue until I showed up to the appointment.

All in all good feedback and I appreciate your response

I am glad it worked for you and probably many others. But this is not the be all end all for everyone as you make it out to be.

I am glad it worked for you and probably many others. But this is not the be all end all for everyone as you make it out to be.

You are correct that this won't solve everyone's problems, and I didn't mean to make it seem that way. There are guys with underlying fertility issues who won't respond to HCG and HMG, or HCG and FSH.

But for the majority of guys (like myself) who have shut down their own fertility by using test and other steroids for too many years, as long as there are no other fertility issues present, HCG and HMG and FSH can work wonders in bringing back your own fertility.

I'm 51 years old, and I've been using steroids for over 27 years now, and I was completely shut down when I began trying to improve my fertility. It worked for me, and it will work for many others...not everyone, certainly, but many other people.

You are correct that this won't solve everyone's problems, and I didn't mean to make it seem that way. There are guys with underlying fertility issues who won't respond to HCG and HMG, or HCG and FSH.

But for the majority of guys (like myself) who have shut down their own fertility by using test and other steroids for too many years, as long as there are no other fertility issues present, HCG and HMG and FSH can work wonders in bringing back your own fertility.

I'm 51 years old, and I've been using steroids for over 27 years now, and I was completely shut down when I began trying to improve my fertility. It worked for me, and it will work for many others...not everyone, certainly, but many other people.

Hope it works for me....

It sure is strange how taking steroids doesn't affect some guy's ability to father children. I was lucky that way. I had been on for about 5 years before I fathered my first child. I was on tren, test, and EQ while my wife conceived. At the time I wasn't real excited about having kids yet, I wanted to maybe wait another year or so. I thought I was probably sterile at the time, but she was pregnant within 4 weeks of stopping the pill! With our second child it was similar, I was on a decent sized cycle and she got pregnant the first month.

I wonder if any of the cases where couples are having trouble might involve some issues with the lady too.

Im sure how long someone has been taking steroids is a big factor too. I had been on for about 5 years.

Last edited:
interpretation: Sperm count is low and they move like drunken retards. Your been on test for 8 years, this is all expected. Getting off the night before is a minor issue compared to 8 yrs of continuous test, even at TRT. If you wanna get your sperm count up you need to come off test completely. As you can see, HCG while on test does nothing! I have a friends protocol where he went from no sperm to like 70 million in 80 days. But it is a long, miserable, low T, low energy 80 days. Just because you are low T in that time does not mean you will be low sperm.

Thanks for your advises. This is going to be helpful for many of of us when time comes. I am actually scheduled to give a sample and analysis soon :eek:

Last edited:
interpretation: Sperm count is low and they move like drunken retards. Your been on test for 8 years, this is all expected. Getting off the night before is a minor issue compared to 8 yrs of continuous test, even at TRT. If you wanna get your sperm count up you need to come off test completely. As you can see, HCG while on test does nothing! I have a friends protocol where he went from no sperm to like 70 million in 80 days. But it is a long, miserable, low T, low energy 80 days. Just because you are low T in that time does not mean you will be low sperm.

With all due respect, you are incorrect in saying that "HCG while on test does nothing" and that he needs to come off test completely to get his sperm count up.

I and many other men, who have used test and other steroids for years, have increased sperm counts and fathered children without ever coming off of test. HCG certainly can increase sperm count in men on TRT, and HCG + HMG or HCG + FSH works even better in restoring men's fertility while still on testosterone.

You can look up Larry Lipshultz's work at Baylor or find other studies on men on TRT using HCG, HMG, FSH, and other agents to increase fertility without ever coming off of test.

For me, personally, I've been using test and other steroids for over 27 years, and I went from zero sperm count to 35 million by using HCG and HMG, and fathered a child with my wife. And there are plenty of other men who have increased their sperm count and fathered children without ever coming off of test.

It doesn't necessarily work for everybody, as some men had pre-existing fertility problems before ever starting to use steroids. But it does work for many men, including me.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6087849/

"hCG therapy can help preserve spermatogenesis in men undergoing TRT by maintaining intratesticular testosterone levels. It was has been shown that follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) alone cannot initiate or maintain spermatogenesis in hypogonadal (11) men leading to the discovery of the importance of intratesticular testosterone in spermatogenesis. In healthy eugonadal men selected to undergo TRT it was shown that their intratesticular testosterone levels dropped by 94%. However, in those who received 250 IU SC every other day along with TRT their intratesticular testosterone levels only dropped 7%. Additionally, in men who received TRT and 500 IU of hCG every other day an increase in intratesticular testosterone by 26% was observed (12). This proved that co-administering low dose hCG could maintain intratesticular testosterone in those undergoing TRT. It was later shown that not only is intratesticular testosterone increased with co-administration hCG but spermatogenesis is preserved as well at one year follow up (13). These studies proved that by concomitant hCG administration with TRT spermatogenesis and thus potentially fertility could be preserved...If Semen parameters fail to improve and FSH remains low, Gonal-f (recombinant FSH) 75 IU every other day can be added. In men who desire pregnancy within 6–12 months TRT can be continued with co-administration of 500 IU of HCG every other day ± clomiphene citrate can be used...As the age of men with hypogonadism continues to decrease and the age of paternity continues to increase more men will need to treatment for hypogonadism while maintaining fertility. hCG is a safe and efficacious alternative or adjunct to TRT in men desiring to preserve fertility while treating their hypogonadism. hCG can also be used help restore spermatogenesis in men hypogonadal hypogonadism or steroid induced impairment of spermatogenesis."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378070/

"The benefits of hCG therapy are not limited to maintaining healthy levels of intratesticular testosterone levels alone. These benefits also include maintenance of spermatogenesis in males receiving testosterone supplementation. We have previously demonstrated the ability of hCG therapy to maintain spermatogenesis in men receiving TST. When 26 hypogonadal men receiving TST via transdermal patches or intramuscular injections and concomitant low-dose hCG were studied retrospectively, factors such as serum and free testosterone, estradiol, serum parameters, and pregnancy rates were evaluated. Results showed no differences in semen parameters during 1 year of follow-up, and none of the men became azoospermic during the treatment.14 These studies indicate that low-dose hCG may be beneficial for men requiring testosterone supplementation therapy during their reproductive years and that intramuscular or transdermal TST does not necessarily significantly impact spermatogenesis. Further studies are needed to determine whether this benefit is sustained both qualitatively and quantitatively."

https://www.drmichaelschoenwalder.c...Replacement Therapy (Injections and gels).pdf

Good discussion gentleman! Appreciate everyone’s feedback and opinions. Let’s continue the dialogue

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws