over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Accutane Increase?

goloco

Registered
Im 25yr 200lbs, got on it June5th, starting with 20mg ED before sleep. Experienced extremely chapped lips 1st week or so. Then improved to dry lips, put on chap stick throughout the day to handle it. Havent seen any improvement in my skin. SO starting last week 25July, I bumped up to 40mg & havent noticed any increased side effects...

Is it normal not to see any improvement in skin for VERY severe acne until a few months or so?

I got bad acne on my back, chest, lower abs(use benzoyl peroxide 2.5% religiously on my face to make sure it is almost perfectly clear) . Just last week started to breakout with large cysts/boils under my armpits( this happens 1 or 2x a year, usually from a food like peanut butter or pork, this time pork, buy pork cuz its super cheap, but wont do it anymore) The cyst was so bad/huge on one side, I couldnt move my arm in certain motions without experiencing extreme stinging sensation, finally drained the pus out of it 2 days ago.

Should I have kept my original dosage at 20mg for a longer period or bump it to 40mg or bump it more til I see where I start to see increased side effects and bring it down little from that spot?

Any input/advice is greatly appreciated!

The acne will get worse before it gets better. I did it in my teenage years and then about a year ago again. All under dermatologist care.

20mg ed is fairly low, i'd definitely bump it up to 40mg ed and stay there for a month before going up. 20mg-40mg made a HUGE difference for me when i was taking accutane. also, try hitting the steam room post work out it will help push out all the oil from your pores.

20mg is absolutely nothing. I'm guessing you're going to have to use this for 1+ year to see the full effects. I'm not going to give you a dosing regimen since I'm not your MD. Hopefully he can fill you in on that.

Personally, I would take 100-120mg/day for 4 months and just get it over with. Constantly monitor your ALT/AST/HgB/HcT/Lipid Panels/WBC/RBC if you are taking these kind of dosages. Your physician should be able to fill you in on this.

Last edited:
60-80mg for 6-8 months is pretty standard for a 200 # individual.

Docs usually use a math formula for the complete treatment and split it into daily doses. They will start with 20mg and if well tolerated, ramp up to the doses aforementioned.

Monthly bloods are mandatory. If they see you tolerate the drug really well, they'll switch to every 2 months.

Eat clean while on it and use a liver supplement or your numbers may come up really high and the doc will discontinue treatment.

Is you accutane pharmaceutical grade or research chem? I used pharmaceutical at 40mg at it worked fast.

Ill do 80mg/day(split into two 40mg doses morning/evening) for a month once a year or every other year.I've had acne since puberty(in my 30s now). If I were you I would take more than 20mg. I like when the skin on my face starts to peel a bit. I know its working and that my skin will be crystal clear for several months afterward.Best thing I could have ever done for myself. Acutane is the closest thing to a cure for acne on this planet. I don't even bother with all the other ripoff ineffective acne creams lotions potions anymore, its all crap compared to a decent dose of acutane. Changed my life. And you wont have to avoid foods and change you lifestyle because of acne anymore. Good luck brother.

Last edited:
Ill do 80mg/day(split into two 40mg doses morning/evening) for a month once a year or every other year.I've had acne since puberty(in my 30s now). If I were you I would take more than 20mg. I like when the skin on my face starts to peel a bit. I know its working and that my skin will be crystal clear for several months afterward.Best thing I could have ever done for myself. Acutane is the closest thing to a cure for acne on this planet. I don't even bother with all the other ripoff ineffective acne creams lotions potions anymore, its all crap compared to a decent dose of acutane. Changed my life. And you wont have to avoid foods and change you lifestyle because of acne anymore. Good luck brother.
A single month every year or two? That's not how it should be used. Why not run a course for 6 mos 20mg or more if you want and be done with it for good?

A single month every year or two? That's not how it should be used. Why not run a course for 6 mos 20mg or more if you want and be done with it for good?

Your right,,,you need to run it in a tolerable MG dosage for a period of time to
get the best effect.

Running 20mg a day

I'm running 20mg's a day and the only thing im noticing is a little dryer skin and I'm shitting my ass off. I am blemish free since starting but have good weeks even before starting treatment. Does the shitting all the time get better? Will it get worse with 40mgs?

If you're experiencing sides at 20mg, they won't get any better at 40mg. I personally did two cycles of 20mg ED for 6 months with about 3 months inbetween. Now I maintain at 20mg EW.

This was a protocol recommended to me by my mom's ex-bf who is a dermatologist. He said he wishes he could prescribe 20mg ED but he has to follow guidelines. Big pharma gotta make that money. They laugh at your sides as they cash in on overdoses.

the math formula for accutane is your weight in kg x 120 if your acne is on the minor side and x 150 if your acne is on the bad side. That gives you your total mg needed to complete a cycle. IE for a 220 pounder for easy maths sake, is 100kg x 120 = 12000 mg and 100kg x 150 = 15000mg so depending on your acne level youd fall in between those to yardsticks. Now you can do 20mg ed to lessen side effects but youd need to hit those points so the time youre on increases, 12000mg / 20mg = 600 days. Im currently on 80mg per day and near the end of my run. It took 3 months before my acne got better, for the first 2 months it just got worse and the dry eyes and chapped lips were a bitch. By month 3 it was tolerable and acne was most clear for me by then but I was at over half my run by that point, just some back pain that went away with increased water intake was all I had at that point. My derm recommended the highest dose I could handle the sides for to cut my time on.

Last edited:
Please do not go over 30mg...just 20mg is perfect trust me. This drug will cause permanent side effects in most, my lips are chapped permanently and my skin is thinner and has a red tint and I've been off for 3 years, only ran 20mg ed for 8 months. Not worth it. Just eat all natural alkaline diet, get allergy tested for foods, use low androgenic hormones if needed, vitamin b5, and gh and peptides always help with my acne and skin quality.

I can't imagine running this stuff safely for 600 days. Typically prescribed doses are in the 40-80mg range, but that's with regular monitoring and blood work.

Anubis, thanks for the post. Is that info from one source or accumulated from multiple?

tex please be careful with accutane. it's some scary stuff.

i used it at lower dosages and made my skin a little worse before it got better. now my skin is almost perfect except some minor scaring. shit fucked with my head big time plus it was also in the winter so i was depressed. do as much research as you can.

I'm sticking at 20. Thanks though, ackbar. I get a little blue, but nothing compared to the way I feel with volcanos on my face. I get cysts weather on gear or not. I've read a ton on it. Wanted some first hand experience on it. Thanks guys.

So how long did the low dose take to clear you up?

Well I didn't have very bad acne I was just sick of always having a few pimples on my face no matter what I did ever since I was 13. By 28 I thought enough was enough it's not going away and I'm not a fucking teenager.

It didn't get worse initially and by 2 months it was noticeably better. By 4 it was gone and by 6 even blackheads on my nose were gone (always been a problem). No sides except dry lips when on and I have a thin spot in my beard. Heard accutane can cause this but I'm not sure since it's only been since I started AAS that I can even grow a full beard anyway.

Also I have Crohn's and it did not in any way effect this. Just a lawyer scam. Remember it was a jury of 12 laypersons that decided accutane poses a risk for people with IBD, not medical experts. Unfortunately they control the flow of money but don't let that determine your health care choices. For anyone out there with Crohn's or Colitis.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131