over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Skin graft/flap recovery

walker540

Newbies
Recently had a skin flap and graft done on my leg after my Achilles reconstruction wound got messed up and was wondering if anyone has any advice on helping it heal faster. Its been close to 4 weeks since the surgery, just got the stitches and staples out a few days ago, and it still looks pretty jacked up and hurts like hell.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Walker

Plastic surgeon told me to use lots of cocoa butter. I have a thread in the Counselling Forum titled "Peer Support" or something similar. There's pictures of my graft and healing.

Oh, and I did all the rehab as prescribed.

Mine is still at the stage where all I can do is lightly wash it, apply iodine, and change the dressing. Here's a picture from Monday after the staples got pulled to give a better idea of where I'm at and what im dealing with. Looks kinda rough to me but the doc said its looking good.

Attachments

• 1416582457493.jpg
    1416582457493.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 156
Yup. Looks good. The grafted skin will look like beef jerky when it heals.

That's a shitty spot to have one. Ouch.

Man - that looks painful as hell... I hope that you recover well man.. Prayers for you..

Keep it moist, due to it not having sweat gland. A lot of patients use mineral oil or a bland oil to help with the moisture. Blood vessels are created within 40 hours after graph is placed. Did the doc tell you to wrap it? Also are you seeing the surgeon still or did he send you back you your PCP?

As of now I do daily dressing changes with patrolatum gauz strips, gauz wrap, then an ace wrap over top and my boot goes over that to support the Achilles. I have another follow up with both surgeons next month to see how it's healing and hopefully get the last wedge out of the boot. Still hurts a fair amount, tingles where the graft was put and down the outside of my foot and my big toe will ache a lot. Ortho said that's because of the tendon they took from my toe and the rod in my heel. But is is it normal for the graft to tingle as well? That just started a couple days ago.

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

Mine was burning/tingling pretty much then entire healing process. Well, when the wound was looking like yours. Once it scabbed over, the pain changed.

Yes tingling is fine due to the nerve damage,also there savaging around cutting things in the foot nerve damage is always typically present. You may experience hypersensitivity forever or it may go away, never know with the human body . Once your able to do or go to physical therapy you will notice where they did tendon repair will get tired easily and inflamed sometimes. Tendon repair is very serious I have seen a lot of people neglect doing therapy or following surgeons instruction and they have issues for a long time or they only function the limb or location of repair at 75-80%.

Petroleum Pads: I had Xeroform. They were effective but far from "non-stick."

What do you have?

The curity non adherent petroleum pads. The do a good job of not sticking except to one spot where im still getting tons of drainage from.

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

Any take in colloidal silver? Did some reading and saw some cases where thats being applied but dont know if its really worth trying.

I'll check today when I get to work to see what our new drug rep has to say, we got a email from a rep about products for wound care.

Here's an updated pic as of today. One side is scabbing but the other is still kinda soft and mushy. Also towards the bottom it has started bleeding, is that normal or do I need to call my doc?

Attachments

• 1417375525540.jpg
    1417375525540.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 94
May I ask how the surgical wound got "messed up" necessitating the resulting skin graft? Infection? Looks bad, I wish you a speedy recovery!

After the stitches got pulled out the hard cast that was put on rubbed a lot and caused the wound to open back up since it wasn't 100% healed/closed.

I saw a program on the Nat Geo channel about a year ago. It was about using extra cellular matrix to heal wounds and surgical damage. Extra cellular matrix is a pigs bladder with all the pig cells scraped off. All that is left is the cellular matrix. Then your own stem cells are put on the matrix and new human cells grow on it.
There were 3 examples. One guy had throat cancer and the operation left a big hole in his throat. The matrix was put on and it grew new throat tissue.
Second was a man that had the tip of his finger cut off and he lost the tip. Matrix and his stem cells were put on the end of the finger and he grew a new fingertip. Same fingerprint too!
Third was a man who was badly burned from his right arm up to his face. A German company developed a spray gun that could spray the matrix and stem cells. He was treated and the result was amazing. All the scar tissue was covered with new skin and he looked normal again.
The company that developed the matrix is called Millipore.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws