YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low libido while on TRT until I miss my shot...

Mickey23

Registered
I have been on TRT for 15 years now. I take 200mg cyp once a week sub-q and have been struggling with lack of libido for years. I travel a lot for work and I notice that sometimes if extenuating circumstances cause me to miss my weekly shot, my sex drive comes roaring back in the 8-10 day range since my last injection. Why is this? This happened to me this week and the last couple of days I have felt like my old self again.

I've seen suggestions on adding masteron and/or proviron but that isn't really telling me why when I miss my shot I actually feel better. Any insight would be appreciated!

Some guys just dont respond as well with higher levels of test. Could be your estrogen dropping as test level drops, could be a response to your test level dropping. You need bloodwork on your normal routine and then I'd get bloodwork again when you hit that sweet spot after missing a pin. Personally I'd lower my trt dose.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am going to get blood work done soon. I've thought that lowering it might help as well. I am doing 200mg a week now, what would you suggest?

I am going to get blood work done soon. I've thought that lowering it might help as well. I am doing 200mg a week now, what would you suggest?

more frequent injections, eod or ed, lower the dosage, do NOT suppres estrogen, do a bloodtest. these are your steps

what happens is when you take a huge 200mg shot is in a few days your test spikes to high heaven alongside your estrogen. both too high. then as you dont inject the levels are going down and around 8-9th your body is telling you 'this is the freaking test level i want to be'. so listen to it. test your blood on the day you feel amazing, eod injections and aim for this level and you will see your libido will be great.

find that sweetspot is the key

I'm going to try 150mg a week broken up into 3 injections and see if that helps and get blood work done as well.

Why did you suggest not using something to suppress estrogen?

I'm going to try 150mg a week broken up into 3 injections and see if that helps and get blood work done as well.

That's what I'd do...well I only pin 2x week because I'd get tired of 3x week. 150mg/week split dose puts my test levels around 750. I'm going to try sub q though. I've struggled to get my estrogen dialed in as I tend to over due ai, seems to be too easy to take too much, so my goal is to eliminate ai all together.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

estrogen should not be suppresed in trt dosages, it is very very healthy and suppressing it is very very unhealthy. docs with own trt clinics are saying this, for example dr robert kominiarek and many others also

just inject bit lower if you like and increase frequency to eod or ed as best solution, dont suppres estrogen

I've noticed this too! Either when missing a dose or having slightly fluctuating levels my libido is higher.

This post is long. Apologies. The thread title really struck a cord me as I've definitely had similar findings.

Here's my story and what I've discovered:

Over the years I've tried sooo many protocols and esters with my docs in attempts to dial in bloods, side effects, mood, libido, etc. I think I've finally found what works best for me right now.

I was originally prescribed the standard 200mg/weekly test cyp and anastrozole to have on hand. My bloods never dictated a need for AI however.

I've discovered I have a higher libido and elevated mood on a lower dose than 200 mg (somewhere between 100-150mg/wk), delivered w/ prop not cyp, no anti-e's, and no HCG. **This is just my experience over the years**

This was a game changer:

In the past year I tried Emeric's protocol - pinning low doses of test prop every day. It did make a slight difference (higher libido, far less E2 sides).

When I would miss a day however my libido shot up. So noticeably, that on "date nights" I would intentionally skip my morning dose from time to time.

Something interesting I learned once from an experience about 3 years ago - I pinned omnadren at my prescribed dose at the time (150 mg/week split on Sun and Thurs) I noticed a massive surge in libido. My GF and I were absolutely stunned in the difference once I started these omnadren I had. I thought for sure they were overdosed.

I did bloodwork a few weeks later on the same omnadren figuring my TT, FT, etc was simply higher and no... everything was in MY normal range. I thought that was bizarre. We're always shooting for the most stable bloods possible and as we all know, it's a challenge to maintain stability with the many esters in omnadren. Anyway, anecdotally it was a significant difference.

I now run test prop at 120 mg weekly and pin MWF. I've found this is my sweet spot and libido is the best I've had in recent memory (without being on cycle obviously).

I think there may be some merit to not having 100% stable bloods 24/7 when running longterm trt. At least when it comes to libido. The body doesn't naturally operate the exact same way that exogenous test behaves. There's nuances in nature.

The human mind and body is so much more complex and nuanced especially from patient to patient.

I'd say experiment under the supervision of a knowledgeable doctor and bring those questions up. Thats fantastic you've made that discovery for yourself.

I've noticed this too! Either when missing a dose or having slightly fluctuating levels my libido is higher.

This post is long. Apologies. The thread title really struck a cord me as I've definitely had similar findings.

Over the years I've tried sooo many protocols and esters with my docs in attempts to dial in bloods, side effects, mood, libido, etc. I think I've finally found what works best for me right now.

I was originally prescribed the standard 200mg/weekly test cyp and anastrozole to have on hand. My bloods never dictated a need for AI however.

I've discovered I have a higher libido and elevated mood on a lower dose than 200 mg (somewhere between 100-150mg/wk), delivered w/ prop not cyp, no anti-e's, and no HCG. **This is just my experience over the years**

This was a game changer:

In the past year I tried Emeric's protocol - pinning low doses of test prop every day. It did make a slight difference (higher libido, far less E2 sides).

When I would miss a day however my libido shot up. So noticeably, that on "date nights" I would intentionally skip my morning dose from time to time.

Something interesting I learned once from an experience about 3 years ago - I pinned omnadren at my prescribed dose at the time (150 mg/week split on Sun and Thurs) I noticed a massive surge in libido. My GF and I were absolutely stunned in the difference once I started these omnadren I had. I thought for sure they were overdosed.

I did bloodwork a few weeks later on the same omnadren figuring my TT, FT, etc was simply higher and no... everything was in MY normal range. I thought that was bizarre. We're always shooting for the most stable bloods possible and as we all know, it's a challenge to maintain stability with the many esters in omnadren. Anyway, anecdotally it was a significant difference.

I now run test prop at 120 mg weekly and pin MWF. I've found this is my sweet spot and libido is the best I've had in recent memory (without being on cycle obviously).

I think there may be some merit to not having 100% stable bloods 24/7 when running longterm trt. At least when it comes to libido. The body doesn't naturally operate the exact same way that exogenous test behaves. There's nuances in nature.

The human mind and body is so much more complex and nuanced especially from patient to patient.

I'd say experiment under the supervision of a knowledgeable doctor and bring those questions up. Thats fantastic you've made that discovery for yourself.

for sure and the goal isnt to have flatliner steady levels all day as this is impossible

but all problems come from unstable test levels when people pin not frequent enough. E2 goes way up, hormonal rollercoaster etc. i think we are all doing much better then the docs with their idiotic 1 test shot per 2 or even god forbid 3 weeks. thats horror

A few things that might help figure this stuff out:

T and E compete at the receptor in several different ways, including competing for co-binding factors and direct competition for the receptor.

200mg/week is going to be around 2-3 times the normal dose (probably closer to 3), this is going to either cause testosterone dominance and the effects of low E2, or if you aromatize a lot, it could cause too high of an E2 level relative to your T. Libido returning after missing a shot means that T levels and T dominance is falling but it could also mean less T around to aromatize and so much less E2. You could easily fall on either side and find libido changes, changing esters could easily switch which side you fall on, even microdosing AI can flip you, there is no real "ideal" middle ground, you have to either be a little E2 dominate, or a little T dominate, as close to the middle as possible. AIs will change how they effect you over time so you use them you have to keep checking bloodwork.

This was a game changer:

Good stuff, guys. Its funny because I have found myself doing the same thing and skipping shots on purpose to feel "normal" again for a weekend. Its incredibly frustrating. One week into changing this up and I do feel a little better but not the great feeling of when I miss taking it. I might try the prop and see if that works for me too as I've been on this Watson cyp forever.

This was a game changer:

How are your sides on this protocol compared to Emerics? do you notice any E 2 issues ? are you pinning sub q or im ?
thanks

Mickey I've experienced this as well. My guess is it's the HPTA kicking in with your own bioidentical testosterone. I could be totally wrong here but I think what we make endogenously is different from what's made in a lab that we inject into our bodies. Like a key that only opens "your" front door or deadbolt! Pause the synthetic input and your HPTA cranks out "your brand" that your receptors recognize causing a cascade.

I have been on TRT for 15 years now. I take 200mg cyp once a week sub-q and have been struggling with lack of libido for years. I travel a lot for work and I notice that sometimes if extenuating circumstances cause me to miss my weekly shot, my sex drive comes roaring back in the 8-10 day range since my last injection. Why is this? This happened to me this week and the last couple of days I have felt like my old self again.

I've seen suggestions on adding masteron and/or proviron but that isn't really telling me why when I miss my shot I actually feel better. Any insight would be appreciated!

Same thing happens to me. I have been traveling 10-14 days a month for the last 6 months. Also happens when I miss for ~2 weeks regardless of travel. I think it's the body reaclimating itself to the hormones flux. I think it's mostly the shifts in estrogen in ratio to other hormones.

The body naturally does not make stable levels of testosterone. It fluxes diurnally, meaning every day fluctuation peaking highest in the early morning and smaller peaks during the day. When on TRT those normal patterns are not present. The body is looking for a change. When you miss a shot the level drops more than normal and the body responds. One of the better HRT docs has some of my friends alternating TRT weekly dose pattern week to week as 100;300;100;300 and so on. Seems to elevate the libido issue. Another way might be somewhat like Emeric daily poke with test P sicne there would be closer to daily flux but I have no idea since never did it exactly like him.

:lightbulb:
:) :yeahthat: :yeahthat:
A few things that might help figure this stuff out:

T and E compete at the receptor in several different ways, including competing for co-binding factors and direct competition for the receptor.

200mg/week is going to be around 2-3 times the normal dose (probably closer to 3), this is going to either cause testosterone dominance and the effects of low E2, or if you aromatize a lot, it could cause too high of an E2 level relative to your T. Libido returning after missing a shot means that T levels and T dominance is falling but it could also mean less T around to aromatize and so much less E2. You could easily fall on either side and find libido changes, changing esters could easily switch which side you fall on, even microdosing AI can flip you, there is no real "ideal" middle ground, you have to either be a little E2 dominate, or a little T dominate, as close to the middle as possible. AIs will change how they effect you over time so you use them you have to keep checking bloodwork.

Last edited:
I've had issues before trying to figure out what works best. For me 1/2cc Test C 200 (2 time's a week) was up and down, not consistent but when I added 25mg Proviron (2 time's a day) everything is very good now and feel great!!

This was a game changer:

This is similar to my experience. I feel best with x 2 a week of PROP, better than more frequent dosing. Prop ester i feel more in terms of energy, wellbeing, etc. The long esters cause excess water retention in my face no matter what i do. ( low body fat, low E2, lots of water )

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws