over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Back ! Trying to gear up for a meet

KBrown

Banned
First of all I want to apologize for my prolonged leave of absence

I have had a lot going on personally and on the training side of things I have had some severe issues as well.

My transition back to low bar squat has been causing severe bicep tendinitis which is all the worse considering I am coming back from two distal bicep tears

I have a competition scheduled for December 5th if I can't find a balance between low bar squats and deadlifts without severely aggravating my bicep tendons it doesn't look like I will be ready to compete.

To compound the issues I have a pec strain that has been extremely aggravated which has hampered my bench training. Assuming I can get back to benching within the next week I'm not terribly concerned with this. However if the problem persists it will be a considerable problem and shave quite a bit off my total and make doing a meet pretty pointless

In any case I am trying to pull it together but working around my post surgery sensitivities and my new pec strain it is proving difficult

1c0bb45fef4339f8c4176fe8b54d16d8.jpg

Here is some speed squats from last night used the SSB to ease my biceps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K,
Do you have a long history of injuries? Or just these recent issues? I am just curious.

Pwr

K,

Do you have a long history of injuries? Or just these recent issues? I am just curious.

Pwr

The bicep tears is my first injury
The pec issue isn't a full injury and I'm obviously trying to ensure it doesn't progress to one

Not sure how the pec issue happened I've never had pec issues before and haven't changed anything In relation to my actual bench training

I'm thinking it's somehow related to the biceps and recovery.
Maybe my bicep tears resulted in some changes in training (less back work due to sensitive arms)
Also since my surgeries on arms maybe I started doing more pulls with straps, which due to inexperience with stepped pulls I don't really pull in as tight and I first strained my pec some being hunched over pulling a max on that

Sooo basically my issues are all related to my bicep strains and limitations
It's been a big learning process

Today was a nice day
470 at .33 m/s
Followed by some doubles at around 385
Then pause squats... Always brutal

One more week off of benching and I try to resume that

Hoping to pull it together last minute before the meet

bec380d0d6000bc588577427381aee06.jpg

890d3e6b865d5f732fa55409f42f8ee3.jpg

Do you have access to a buffalo squat bar? I replicates a traditional back squat better than other shoulder/bicep friendly bars like the cambered bar or safety bar.

Also have you tried any soft tissue work with you biceps? They look very tight by how your arms hang and I think you'll continue having issues with them.

How much do you think Oly shoes helps your squat? I'm split on getting them myself.

Last edited:
Things could get worse if you don't allow yourself time to heal properly. In the scheme of things is the meet worth the risk?

BPC157 and TB500...you need them

Things could get worse if you don't allow yourself time to heal properly. In the scheme of things is the meet worth the risk?

Yes...
After this meet I will take considerable time for additional recovery

245 SSB speed squats followed by 2x10 for extra volume
Speed work done at .8m/s avg

Honest to god I've never felt much from speed work unless actually measuring speed. Takes the subjectivity out of it and makes it a pretty grueling workout to make sure you hit that .8m/s

Then did some static holds on the deadlifts to work on my ever failing grip.

Arms are adjusting to the once a week straight bar squat, going to be getting two massages per week starting next week. They seem to be helping

**12/5/2015 Meet Day** A point to Prove...

Meet day is fast approaching and while discussing my upcoming competition with others the most frequent question I get is “why?” and sometimes the occasional “you are dumb”

Why am I competing so soon, despite some nagging injuries, despite the very real fact, that I won’t bench a PR—which let’s get real the bench is my equalizer to make up for my deadlift and therefore my total won’t be as good as it could be if I were “healed and recovered.”

I am competing to prove a point to myself, a point that I have been proving for quite some time. I DON’T CAVE, I don’t collapse under pressure, I am not a victim of my circumstances, I am a man that perseveres over my obstacles. The competition gives me accountability, a benchmark to see where exactly I am and a roadmap for where I am going next. I don’t care about any excuses, injuries, or setbacks. I am going to do the best that I can in my present state and plan 2016 from there…

Fuckin’ dumb huh

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Today tried out the compression sleeves to help with my bicep tendonitis... Huge success

Due to my mild pec issue I did a low rep high
Volume workout to minimize the extra strain from high reps
20x5

Not a bad day

After lots of tissue work I decided to get back on a nice bench tonight
Did a few singles with 405 then 405 for an easy triple. I was gonna keep going but boss told me no... It's best to listen
275 for 20 as my down set.
Pretty nice day, feels good to be back

Another bench day got up to 415 for a fast single at 33m/second
Not a bad day !!!
The chest is coming back :)
Legs this Sunday

Pretty nice bench session
The extra recovery and massages are paying off.
Got 460 for a clean double. If things keep going this nice I might beat my 480 best in December... Won't know until meet time. This was my last heavy bench workout until then.

Hit squats today too 515 for 2 doubles it was rough, I blame the weekend adventures. Gotta dial it in no more going out !
The second double was nasty, my knee was caving that usually doesn't happen

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner