over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What carbs do you eat preworkout?

superman21

Registered
The carb timing thread sparked my interest about posting this. I am starting to lean up for the summer and never tried carbs only around pre, intra, and post workout. So what carb sources work good for you during these times?

I am dieting right now and pushing hard, I am having fruit pre workout, intra workout i have glycofuse with few scoops of bcaas , i think gycofuse is exellent and i will be hard pushed to use anything else, usually that drink will last my workout and then i go home have some lean beef with potatoes. I find the intra workout shake really helps me from fatiguing and also helps with recovery.

I'm in prep and my carbs only come around training and I like something that digests easy for me. About 45 minutes pre-w/o I have a multi species protein with either some rice, plain rice cakes or gluten free bread. These all seem to sit well in my stomach so they've become my staples. At other times I have used karboload or HBCDs pre-w/o. Both work fine, but it just feels better to chew on something lol...a simply luxury on a diet

Intra w/o I use pepto-pro with either HBCDs from True Nutrition (this is what glycofuse is) or karboload. Neither of these upset my stomach and keep my training energy and intensity high. I'm also still recovering quite well despite dieting, which I attribute to proper nutrient timing.

Post workout carbs are pretty much the same as pre-w/o. However, once in a while I have a sweet potato. I don't mind eating only a few carb sources as I actually enjoy each one of them.

I tried to find cream of rice, but no grocery stores around me carry it

Last edited:
90 min pre- fruit, usually oranges or pineapple..
on the way to gym and at the start- gatoraid g2
when slin was used- karbolyn

I'm in prep and my carbs only come around training and I like something that digests easy for me. About 45 minutes pre-w/o I have a multi species protein with either some rice, plain rice cakes or gluten free bread. These all seem to sit well in my stomach so they've become my staples. At other times I have used karboload or HBCDs pre-w/o. Both work fine, but it just feels better to chew on something lol...a simply luxury on a diet

Intra w/o I use pepto-pro with either HBCDs from True Nutrition (this is what glycofuse is) or karboload. Neither of these upset my stomach and keep my training energy and intensity high. I'm also still recovering quite well despite dieting, which I attribute to proper nutrient timing.

Post workout carbs are pretty much the same as pre-w/o. However, once in a while I have a sweet potato. I don't mind eating only a few carb sources as I actually enjoy each one of them.

I tried to find cream of rice, but no grocery stores around me carry it

How many carbs pwo? My pwo meal is at like 8:30pm. I try to hold it to only 30 carbs per meal on this cut. Getting 150-180/day.

Mental flex. How many carbs per day then. During prep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many carbs pwo? My pwo meal is at like 8:30pm. I try to hold it to only 30 carbs per meal on this cut. Getting 150-180/day.

I used to train in the AM and when doing that I seemed to be able to get away with more carbs, but I was also not getting enough out of my training. Just tired.... I am night person, so training in the evening suits me best.

Things vary depending on the day, my progress, how I look and feel so I'll give ranges:
Pre-w/o: 25g - 40g carbs
Intra w/o: 30g-50g carbs
Post w/o: 75g - 125g carbs

The next meal after my Post w/o meal is protein and fat meal.

I do have two slices of pineapple with a mid-day meal (about 15g carbs) and have some pineapple again before bed (10g-12g carbs). Just a habit I got into that seems to help my digestion.

I used to use shakes and stims but since I switched to a sweet potato and a liter of water 60-90 mins pre .... I feel like I could go all day.

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

Bag of brown rice and quinoa (100g carbs) about 2hrs prior to training. Used to use Glycofuse intra but stopped it and realized it was (IMO) doing not a whole lot. No carbs intra now, just 2 scoops of BCAA, 3g beta alanine, 10g creatine

Last edited:
It varies but my last workout I had natural peanut butter on two slices of bread and I had a great workout. Peanut butter seems to energize me.

It varies but my last workout I had natural peanut butter on two slices of bread and I had a great workout. Peanut butter seems to energize me.

I also have a little fat with my pre w/o meal... it does help with energy. I've actually gone hypo before during training (not even using insulin) but with a little fat it seems to prevent this.

Great info! I think I'm gonna try an apple and some rice cakes to start off preworkout

I never eat carbs pre workout anymore but when I did my favorite was cream of rice made with white long grain mixed with whey protein and a little olive oil. Very easy digesting and quick energy. A good old fashioned large bar of milk chocolate always used to hit the spot well too, really energised me. I just find im a lot stronger without the carbs and being a low volume guy it suits me well. If I wanted a higher volume pump workout I'd go back to the milk chocolate though. Your gonna burn it off anyway

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
2 scoops of whey concentrate and 1/2-3/4 cup of oatmeal about 90 minutes before I workout

i am on slin but if i wasnt id still have the same type of carbs just less prob. i have brown rice or yams 45 mins pre workout around 80-100g of carbs from that then sip on about 80g from gatorage w my bcaa intra workout then more gatorade w whey after workout. i know theres better sources of carbs for intra like karbolyn and i have tried and like it but its expensive and the gatorade seems to be working just fine.

complex pre workout for sure tho if i have white rice before my workout i have no energy. also fruit pre workout works for me i throw in a apple or banana most times

1.5-2 hours before I have a whey shake and then a PB and J. 1 Tbls Natty peanut butter, 1 Tbls Crofters organic jelly, 2 slices ezekial bread

Pre workout I have anything... changes all the time.

I like oats with goji berries, sultanas and banana with some chocolate peanut butter whey mixed in.

Sometimes I have a few high protein yoghurts... I like passion fruit, honey and blueberry flavours... they have 15g carbs in.

If I have something that doesn't have too many carbs in I always add in a piece of fruit.

I also tend to have a cup of tea with 2 sugars in too... or an espresso with 2 brown sugars.

I come home from work and have a oat meal with peanut butter and add a banana with egg whites and blend it all up in a blender around 2 hours pre workout then sometimes a banana again right before I train with water. The banana helps give me a better pump.

Strawberry licorice pre workout and Fig Newtons intra workout.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity