advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

5 Weeks Post Surgery bi later quad tendon tears.

kandaandm

Registered
Ok guys......I've been inactive for nearly 5 weeks. I've lost over 20lbs of muscle, but yesterday was my first day of a basic workout which consisted of the machines in my development (back/bi's). Let me tell you...You really have to get creative when working out in a small community gym with universal machines.

Anyways...I was just posting because although I feel like a shadow of myself...I'm back in the gym, recovering and slowly rebuilding....beginning of Dec I get the braces off and I'll slowly start rebuilding my legs (safely).

I only post this because I'd like to use my injury as a means to support any others that may be going through severe injuries and recovery. It takes time, however, we all are tenacious and know how to focus on reaching goals. We can use that tenacious attitude in many facets of life...recovery, financially, emotionally...............Ok enough of my rant.

Here's to the next work out.

Attachments

• me1.jpg
    me1.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 188
Keep going, bro!! We all get set back here and there. Only true champs keep pushing though. Fuck shit up!

I took 6 days off after my quad tendon repair surgery 6 1/2 months ago. I had to go back for sanity reasons. For all my many surgeries, I usually only can stay away for a week before I go crazy.

I took 6 days off after my quad tendon repair surgery 6 1/2 months ago. I had to go back for sanity reasons. For all my many surgeries, I usually only can stay away for a week before I go crazy.

I was in the hospital for 3 weeks so I didn't have much choice...Now since I had bilateral surgery, I can't drive. Driving to the gym is not an option until 11/21 when I get 30% mobility. However, I wheeled my way over to my complex gym.

I get you...I'm going completely nuts being away from the gym. I'm not taking a chance of hindering my recovery though.

How is your recovery coming 6 1/2 months post?

20 pounds of muscle in 5 weeks? were you on heavy amounts of prednisone or what?

it will come back brother good luck

20 pounds of muscle in 5 weeks? were you on heavy amounts of prednisone or what?

it will come back brother good luck

More like 15lbs or so...it wasn't all muscle...water retention and the sorts...I was in middle of mass cycle, but...my legs are half the size as they were 5 weeks ago.

I know it will all come back.....just playing the waiting game right now until recovery is complete.

Last edited:
you were delt a harsh hand..brutal like a car wreck hang in there.

I'd be eating tomato soup,grilled cheese sands,and playing with dumb bells.Watching Bonanza too.lol

get well

More like 15lbs or so...it wasn't all muscle...water retention and the sorts...I was in middle of mass cycle, but...my legs are half the size as they were 5 weeks ago.

I know it will all come back.....just playing the waiting game right now until recovery is complete.

been where you are brother, i was mid mass gain and was stabbed 3 times, followed by a hernia surgery 8 months later. i shriveled away from heavy prednisone and painkillers. went from a good 235~ down to 190.

only recently have i been training like i used too, and god damn i am shocked at how fast everything comes back. best of luck to you man , but in the end

don't give up and get your ass back on the horse!:headbang:

I was in the hospital for 3 weeks so I didn't have much choice...Now since I had bilateral surgery, I can't drive. Driving to the gym is not an option until 11/21 when I get 30% mobility. However, I wheeled my way over to my complex gym.

I get you...I'm going completely nuts being away from the gym. I'm not taking a chance of hindering my recovery though.

How is your recovery coming 6 1/2 months post?

I wrote my story on one of your other posts on this. My quad tear was done 10 years ago so this is a delayed reattachment so much different recovery. I am doing better at times but I do still buckle at times and alot of atrophy especially in the VMO (teardrop) muscle. I am back to doing legs but at nearly 50 now, I promised myself I would stay light and high reps now. I have torn other tendons in the past but this is a hard long recovery.

brutal dude. Hang in there man, its amazing how the body will bounce back even at our advanced age..

Mine was almost 1 year ago. I can jog now, train my legs using the leg press and wanna start squatting by the end of this year. Hang in there and don't rush it. You don't wanna re-tear it and go thru everything again. Do rehab in the pool as soon as you get the go ahead from your surgeon or physical therapist!

Mine was almost 1 year ago. I can jog now, train my legs using the leg press and wanna start squatting by the end of this year. Hang in there and don't rush it. You don't wanna re-tear it and go thru everything again. Do rehab in the pool as soon as you get the go ahead from your surgeon or physical therapist!

To be honest...I'm fine not squatting any more...Leg press, lunges, unilateral movements.......

I get 30% Range of Motion on Monday 11/21 then 10-15% more each week there after.

When you first get your range increased on your braces, it might be more range than you actually have,( it was for me ) but after a few days or so it will be there. You'll be surprised. Each day you will have more range and strength than yesterday.

Ok guys......I've been inactive for nearly 5 weeks. I've lost over 20lbs of muscle, but yesterday was my first day of a basic workout which consisted of the machines in my development (back/bi's). Let me tell you...You really have to get creative when working out in a small community gym with universal machines.

Anyways...I was just posting because although I feel like a shadow of myself...I'm back in the gym, recovering and slowly rebuilding....beginning of Dec I get the braces off and I'll slowly start rebuilding my legs (safely).

I only post this because I'd like to use my injury as a means to support any others that may be going through severe injuries and recovery. It takes time, however, we all are tenacious and know how to focus on reaching goals. We can use that tenacious attitude in many facets of life...recovery, financially, emotionally...............Ok enough of my rant.

Here's to the next work out.

Kind of like this rant.

245:
At 6 1/2 months now, I still get alot of weakness and occasional buckling from the weakness and any downhill slope is very hard still. Did you have this and when did it stop? Is there a reason you haven't tried squatting yet? I have been light squatting on the smith for about 1 1/2 months now and feel it is helping alot. I haven't tried jogging yet, still a little nervous on that.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws