YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wild game? Venison, rabbit, and quail does it have a place in BB diet?

MightyMouse215

Registered
I am living in an area where I can forge my food, there seems to be little info on wild game except for Buffalo. Do any of you hunt or include wild game in your nutrition regime?

I am living in an area where I can forge my food, there seems to be little info on wild game except for Buffalo. Do any of you hunt or include wild game in your nutrition regime?

i occasionally get venison from people I know, but damn straight if I could I would have it often, it would be a staple for me.

I eat wild game all the time. Hogs, deer, squirrel....you name it I eat it. It is very hard to find nutritional content for most of it. I've had luck finding nutritional info on my fitness pal. You really have to look and gauges its accuracy, but at the end of the day you can't let your diet take over your life. Unless of course you compete then you do what you have to.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Professional Muscle mobile app

I enjoy the tastes of wild game, it will be added to my diet very soon...I am going fishing with a friend that uses 12lbs catfish as bait to catch monster catfish, he considers a 45 lbs. cat a baby...

I would imagine that if your diet consisted of ONLY wild game and not farm raises livestock, you would be much healthier. Aside from the occasional parasite, the nutrition wild game receives must be far superior to the nutrition of farm animals.

I think this question is a no brainer. You ever see what guys look like who live off the land in remote parts of the world? They're usually in good shape, and I'm sure the nutritional content of their food greatly contributes to that.

Free range venison is lean and is a great protein source. I hunt every year and load my freezer up with enough meat to get me almost thru the year. Anytime you have a chance to eat wild game, it's much better than the hormone pumped beef, chicken, etc, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Professional Muscle mobile app

Have it every chance I can. Doesn’t get much more healthier than that

I read that game meat is the highest in protein, and can't get more organic than that :D

Nearly all my red meat is wild game aside from a young steer that we split with my in laws every year which is totally free ranged. We have a very liberal deer limit down here so it’s easy to fill the freezer. We also catch wild hogs and feed them out for a couple weeks before we butcher them , I’ve got a great hookup with a couple local grocery store that give me all their fruit an veggies that can’t be sold so that’s what we feed them.

I think that wild game is absolutely far superior to any farm raised animals , if anyone has a decent yard I’d at least look into getting a few chicken to get quality fresh eggs

I enjoy the tastes of wild game, it will be added to my diet very soon...I am going fishing with a friend that uses 12lbs catfish as bait to catch monster catfish, he considers a 45 lbs. cat a baby...

Be carful where they come from , a lot of the rivers in the US have mercury pollution and catfish are extremely susceptible to being toxified especially the big old ones

Back in the 60s as a little kid we had woodchuck often...tasted like pulled pork...lots of rabbits, squirrels, pheasants, geese, ducks, wild turkey...my grandpa was a hunter and lived through the depression...

Venison is where it’s at! I got to substitute some chicken for venison steaks during my show prep last month and it was amazing. Fingers crossed for getting 1-2 deer this season so I don’t have to rely on friends and family this time around lol

If I fill my cow elk tag in November I’ll have a couple hundred pounds of meat that you’d never differentiate from regular beef. It’s the least “gamey” meat besides bison imo.

If I fill my cow elk tag in November I’ll have a couple hundred pounds of meat that you’d never differentiate from regular beef. It’s the least “gamey” meat besides bison imo.
Joe Rogan swears by elk meat

It’s been so long since I’ve had elk but damn does that sound good right now!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws