over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chicken: White vs Dark meat

poohead

Registered
It seems as though for as long as I can remember, everyone just eats chicken breast. For the life of me, I simply just can't understand this. Yes, I'm aware that breast meat is slightly leaner, but we all need fats in our diets, right? To me, chicken breast is just plain boring, it's like the meat version of tofu. Yeah, you can season it however you like to give it flavor, but dark meat has actual flavor of its own, and is more moist. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper. Please realize that I'm not some kid asking a dumb question, I'd really like to know what it is that makes chicken breast so appealing to the BB crowd. Like I said, the nutritional facts are nearly the same, just slightly more fat and a TON more flavor, and it's virtually impossible to dry out dark meat. I get it if you're trying to get into contest condition, but for most of the time why is dark meat "shunned" or completely neglected from the majority of your diets? I look at peoples examples of their daily diets, and it seems like people eat chicken breast 2-3x a day. Seriously, if you look around, it seems like the majority of people on here eat "chicken breast, brown rice, and broccoli" for about 1000 meals a year. If there's something I'm missing here, please let me know. I hate eating boring food, I'd never get my daily calories in if I had to eat boring food all day, every day. Personally I like to mix things up, mixing dark meat chicken, seafood, beef, pork, lamb, etc as my protein sources. Just my thoughts, and you have any input, please let me know. Thanks!

I would rather get my fats in from foods like avocado, nuts, natty PB etc and to me dark meat tastes greasy. I saute my chicken in calorie free or low calorie dressings or salsa's which helps sear the flavor in. Plain chicken breast do not taste good to me either, so I don't eat them plain!

I will eat any part of the chicken as well as just about every game bird out there. I just tried chukars the other day and they were good. I'm not picky when it comes to birds or fish.

The dark meat costs 1/3 of the breasts. I buy it often. I just use some type of seasoning or sauce.

Sometimes when comparing the prices, especially if the dark meat is on sale, I can't justify buy white meat.

The dark meat costs 1/3 of the breasts. I buy it often. I just use some type of seasoning or sauce.

Sometimes when comparing the prices, especially if the dark meat is on sale, I can't justify buy white meat.

Chicken dark meat is full of flavor and it is not a bad source of fat every so often.
But I really do prefer chicken breast with avocado or wit some type of oil drizzled on top for extra flavor macadamia nut oil is amazing and also has a lot of benefits along with it

My grocery store must have made a mistake today. Skinned boneless breast was $1.50 cheaper per pound than the skin on, bone in, dark meat. LOL.

I went with breasts today.

I won't eat the dark meat. Too much taste of fat. Same thing with turkey. The white meat is completely devoid of any taste of fat. But the dark meat has a strong taste of saturated fat. Bad for your heart. I throw it away.

chicken

I will eat any meat that is healthy! My wife is good with making food taste great and still being healthy for you.

I was eating thighs to save money and enjoy the taste, then my cholesterol was out of control. eating 2-3lbs a day of meat really means you gotta think twice about what you eat

Actually i love more dark meat, but more healthier is to eat white meat, that's why i decided to eat white.

Mostly white meat for me but I love the taste of dark meat. It's kind of like a treat. :D

it could just be me but when I look at the dark chicken meat I gag, I lover the white chicken meat all day

Dark meat all day. Cheap, doesn't dry out, takes on a lot of flavor. I'll do a bunch in a crock pot with chilis, salt, and pepper and make tacos out of it.

When I cut I have white meat and when I bulk I switch between the two

Dark meat is not all bad for person body.
Most dark meats tend to contain more zinc, riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, vitamins B6 and B12, amino acids, iron than white meat.
Chicken and Turkey dark meat contain vitamins A, K, B6, B12, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, minerals as selenium, phosphorus and zinc.
:star-w:rs

Dark meat just seems more moist whereas the white always seems dry, more flavour imo in dark too

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws