over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Forbidden Food You Should Never Stop Eating

BigChef

Kilo Klub/Moderator
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I stumble this info on some site and thought it's worth reading!

Your thoughts?

Conventional medical authorities say that consumption of saturated animal fats is bad for you and causes heart disease.

But a hundred years ago, fewer than than one in one hundred Americans were obese, and coronary heart disease was unknown. The Procter and Gamble started marketing Crisco as a new kind of food -- the first commercially marketed trans fat. Crisco was originally used to make candles and soap, but with electrification causing a decline in candle sales, Procter and Gamble decided to promote the fat as a “healthier” all-vegetable-derived shortening

According to LewRockwell.com:

“Feeding high doses of fat and cholesterol to omnivores, like rats and dogs, does not produce atherosclerotic lesions in them ... In fact, it turns out that people who have highest percentage of saturated fat in their diets have the lowest risk of heart disease ... The last word on this subject should go to Julia Child ... Enjoy eating saturated fats, they’re good for you!”

The demonization of saturated fat began in 1953, when Dr. Ancel Keys published a paper comparing saturated fat intake and heart disease mortality. His theory turned out to be flimsy, to say the least, but the misguided ousting of saturated fat has continued unabated ever since. Fortunately, the truth is finally starting to come out, as medical scientists have begun to seriously question Keys' findings.

Time to Put Ancel Keys' Theory to Rest
Keys based his theory on a study of six countries, in which higher saturated fat intake equated to higher rates of heart disease. However, he conveniently ignored data from 16 other countries that did not fit his theory. Had he chosen a different set of countries, the data would have shown that increasing the percent of calories from fat reduces the number of deaths from coronary heart disease.

And, as illustrated in the featured article, when you include all 22 countries for which data was available at the time of his study, you find that those who consume the highest percentage of saturated fat have the lowest risk of heart disease.

Furthermore, many have now realized that it's the trans fat found in margarine, vegetable shortening, and partially hydrogenated vegetable oils that is the true villain, causing far more significant health problems than saturated fat ever could!

Still, despite the scientific evidence, the low-fat dogma remains a favorite among most government health authorities. Case in point: the most recent food chart issued by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in December of last year, recommends reducing your saturated fat intake to a mere seven percent of caloric intake—down from its previously recommended 10 percent…

Newer Studies Debunk Keys' Theory
The USDA's lowered recommendation is illogical when you consider the evidence available today, which supports saturated fat as a necessary part of a heart healthy diet. For example, as discussed in the featured article, a number of indigenous tribes around the world are living proof that a high-saturated fat diet equates to low mortality from heart disease.

These include:

Tribe Primary Diet Percentage Saturated Fat
Maasai tribe in Kenya/Tanzania Meat, milk, cattle blood 66 percent
Inuit Eskimos in the Arctic Whale meat and blubber 75 percent
Rendille tribe in NE Kenya Camel milk, meat, blood 63 percent
Tokealu, atoll islands in New Zealand territory Fish and coconuts 60 percent

And then there's human breast milk, which contains 54 percent saturated fat. Since breast milk is the most perfect diet in existence for developing infants, the presence of high amounts of saturated fat cannot easily be construed as a "mistake."

Furthermore:

•A meta-analysis published last year, which pooled data from 21 studies and included nearly 348,000 adults, found no difference in the risks of heart disease and stroke between people with the lowest and highest intakes of saturated fat.
•In a 1992 editorial published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, Dr. William Castelli, a former director of the Framingham Heart study, stated:

"In Framingham, Mass., the more saturated fat one ate, the more cholesterol one ate, the more calories one ate, the lower the person's serum cholesterol. The opposite of what… Keys et al would predict…We found that the people who ate the most cholesterol, ate the most saturated fat, ate the most calories, weighed the least and were the most physically active."
•Another 2010 study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that a reduction in saturated fat intake must be evaluated in the context of replacement by other macronutrients, such as carbohydrates.

When you replace saturated fat with a higher carbohydrate intake, particularly refined carbohydrate, you exacerbate insulin resistance and obesity, increase triglycerides and small LDL particles, and reduce beneficial HDL cholesterol. The authors state that dietary efforts to improve your cardiovascular disease risk should primarily emphasize the limitation of refined carbohydrate intake, and weight reduction.
I believe that last point is very important, and is likely a major key for explaining the rampant increase in obesity, heart disease and diabetes. And once you can pinpoint the problem, turning it all around becomes that much easier.

Carbohydrates, Not Fat, is the Root of Obesity and Heart Disease
Heart disease is so common today, it's hard for people to remember that a mere 100 years ago, this disease was really uncommon. As Dr. Donald Miller writes in the featured article:

"There were 500 cardiologists practicing in the U.S. in 1950. There are 30,000 of them now – a 60-fold increase for a population that has only doubled since 1950."

Such an explosion of heart disease indicates that something has changed that is contributing to this epidemic.

What is that "something"?

Our diet!

Most likely, the studies that have linked the so-called "Western diet" to an increased heart disease risk simply confirm that sugar and refined carbohydrates are harmful to your heart health. Because although the Western diet is high in red and processed meats and saturated fats, it's also alarmingly high in sugar and refined carbs like bread and pasta. And, as concluded in the last study listed above, when you reduce saturated fat and increase refined carbohydrates, you end up promoting obesity, heart disease and diabetes...

Gary Taubes has also done an excellent job of explaining the connection between carbs and obesity and its related health issues in his book Why We Get Fat: and what to do about it.

In a nutshell, eating fat and protein does not make you fat—carbohydrates do.I firmly believe the two primary keys for successful weight management and reducing your risk for diabetes, heart disease and other weight-related health problems are:

1.Severely restricting carbohydrates (sugars, fructose, and grains) in your diet, and
2.Increasing healthy fat consumption
According to last year's Report of the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the top 10 sources of calories in the American diet are:

Carbohydrates, Not Fat, is the Root of Obesity and Heart Disease
Heart disease is so common today, it's hard for people to remember that a mere 100 years ago, this disease was really uncommon. As Dr. Donald Miller writes in the featured article:

"There were 500 cardiologists practicing in the U.S. in 1950. There are 30,000 of them now – a 60-fold increase for a population that has only doubled since 1950."

Such an explosion of heart disease indicates that something has changed that is contributing to this epidemic.

What is that "something"?

Our diet!

Most likely, the studies that have linked the so-called "Western diet" to an increased heart disease risk simply confirm that sugar and refined carbohydrates are harmful to your heart health. Because although the Western diet is high in red and processed meats and saturated fats, it's also alarmingly high in sugar and refined carbs like bread and pasta. And, as concluded in the last study listed above, when you reduce saturated fat and increase refined carbohydrates, you end up promoting obesity, heart disease and diabetes...

Gary Taubes has also done an excellent job of explaining the connection between carbs and obesity and its related health issues in his book Why We Get Fat: and what to do about it.

In a nutshell, eating fat and protein does not make you fat—carbohydrates do.I firmly believe the two primary keys for successful weight management and reducing your risk for diabetes, heart disease and other weight-related health problems are:

1.Severely restricting carbohydrates (sugars, fructose, and grains) in your diet, and
2.Increasing healthy fat consumption
According to last year's Report of the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the top 10 sources of calories in the American diet are:

1.Grain-based desserts (cakes, cookies, donuts, pies, crisps, cobblers, and granola bars) 139 calories a day
6.Alcoholic beverages

2.Yeast breads, 129 calories a day
7.Pasta and pasta dishes

3.Chicken and chicken-mixed dishes, 121 calories a day
8.Mexican mixed dishes

4.Soda, energy drinks, and sports drinks, 114 calories a day
9.Beef and beef-mixed dishes

5.Pizza, 98 calories a day
10.Dairy desserts

Looking at this list, it plain to see that CARBS—i.e. sugars (primarily fructose) and grains—are the primary sources of our weight- and health problems, not saturated fats.

(As an update, you've often heard me state that soda is the number one source of calories in the US diet, which it was—based on the 1999-2000 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES). The updated NHANES survey above covers nutritional data from 2005-2006, placing grain-based foods in the top two slots. Still, soda comes in at number four, and I still believe a lot of people, particularly teenagers, probably get a majority of their calories from fructose-rich drinks like soda.)

The Different Types of Fat
Fats can be confusing, but you can generally divide fats into four types:

1.Saturated fats, from animal fat and tropical oils
2.Monounsaturated fat, such as olive oil
3.Polyunsaturated fat, such as omega-3 and omega-6 fats
4.Trans fats, such as margarine
Sources of healthy fats include:

Olives and Olive oil Coconuts and coconut oil Butter made from raw grass-fed organic milk
Raw Nuts, such as, almonds or pecans Organic pastured egg yolks Avocados
Grass fed meats Palm oil Unheated organic nut oils

Another healthful fat you want to be mindful of is animal-based omega-3. Deficiency in this essential fat can cause or contribute to very serious health problems, both mental and physical, and may be a significant underlying factor of up to 96,000 premature deaths each year. For more information about omega-3's and the best sources of this fat, please review this previous article.

Having the proper balance between omega-3 and omega-6 fats is also very important for optimal health. So in addition to increasing your omega-3 (which most people are sorely deficient in), you also want to decrease your consumption of omega-6, found primarily in:

•Corn oil
•Soy oil
•Canola oil
•Safflower oil
•Sunflower oil
The ideal ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 is 1:1, but the typical American diet is more like 1:20 in favor of omega-6. The overabundance of these oils in processed foods of all kinds explains our excess omega-6 levels.

The other fats you want to avoid are the trans fats. Trans fats are formed when hydrogen is added to vegetable oil during food processing in order to make it solidify. This process, known as hydrogenation, makes fats less likely to spoil, so foods stay fresh longer, have a longer shelf life and also have a less greasy feel. The end result of the hydrogenation process is a completely unnatural fat that causes dysfunction and chaos in your body on a cellular level.

Your Body NEEDS Saturated Fat for Optimal Function
Saturated fats from animal and vegetable sources provide a number of important health benefits. In fact, your body cannot function without saturated fats! Saturated fats are needed for the proper function of your:

Cell membranes Heart Bones (to assimilate calcium)
Liver Lungs Hormones
Immune system Satiety (reducing hunger) Genetic regulation

Healthy Fat Tips to Live By
So please remember, you do need a certain amount of healthy fat, while at the same time you'll want to avoid the unhealthy varieties. The easiest way to accomplish this is to simply eliminate processed foods, which are high in all things detrimental to your health: sugar, carbs, and dangerous types of fats.

After that, these tips can help ensure you're eating the right fats for your health:

•Use organic butter made from raw grass-fed milk instead of margarines and vegetable oil spreads. Butter is a healthy whole food that has received an unwarranted bad rap.
•Use coconut oil for cooking. It is far superior to any other cooking oil and is loaded with health benefits. (Remember that olive oil should be used COLD, drizzled over salad or fish, for example, not to cook with.)
•Following my nutrition plan will automatically reduce your modified fat intake, as it will teach you to focus on healthy whole foods instead of processed junk food.
•To round out your healthy fat intake, be sure to eat raw fats, such as those from avocados, raw dairy products, and olive oil, and also take a high-quality source of animal-based omega-3 fat, such as krill oil.

**broken link removed**

Makes so much sense. The best example in there is the Eskimos. 3/4 of their diet is animal fat and are they falling down dead with clogged arteries - errm, no.

Proctor and Gamble have a lot to answer for.

try working 12 hours of manual labor daily... i dare you to get fat :p

back in time... in the arabian peninsula... fat people were seen as being so rich they didn't have to work and had great strength, health, and what not.

carbs aren't the enemy... sitting on your ass is... well... to a limit... you see obese construction workers... but they chow down 2000 calorie lunches and drink 3 or 4 of those 7-11 big gulp mountain dews. not to mention the 6 pack of beer they drink right after their large pizza dinner with a side of cake and ice cream.

that's fat wise...
health wise... i'm with this stuff... i truly believe that saturated fats are healthy and won't do the damage "doctors" say will do as long as you limit those shitty carbs. and i also truly believe than even "healthy fats" would compromise your health if you don't limit your carbs.

I love it!!

Since I changed to a higher saturated fat intake, I have never felt better and things like colds, etc are a thing of the past aswell.

I got my cholesterol reading last January and it was 5.2. I then continued with my 5 whole eggs a day for a whole year and at the end of it my cholesterol the following January was down to 4.7!

It is just a shame that the average person is so brainwashed with respect to conventional thinking and that saturated fat is something to be afraid of....

I've viewed satiated fat as a good fat for a long time. I've always ask myself about food, does it make sense from an evolution point of view, meaning we expect evolved to eat meat at stuff that has saturated fat in it. I read cs study where they found a tribe that lives of red meat and milk and they where all in great health and no heart disease in tribe. It's all the processed shit that'll kill ya

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Makes so much sense. The best example in there is the Eskimos. 3/4 of their diet is animal fat and are they falling down dead with clogged arteries - errm, no.

Proctor and Gamble have a lot to answer for.

LOL you really didn't read to closely did you? 1) they never said don't eat fat. 2) Rumor is the only reason PG EVER sold crisco was that that needed some way of getting rid of all the fat that was left over from candle making process.

Keys study is the one that is the culprit. But that doesn't even matter, my wife and I eat fats everyday. If someone is not smart enough to see what carbs do the people or have not made that connection yet...then thats there own dumb fault.

Great read. Makes ya think. Like everything- it's all about the bread $$$. Everything is politicized from what we eat to what we watch to the fucking lightbulbs we are allowed to use! Good read!

I think this really reinforces the Mountaindog diet, or just eating whole natural feed natural grown foods.

LOL you really didn't read to closely did you? 1) they never said don't eat fat. 2) Rumor is the only reason PG EVER sold crisco was that that needed some way of getting rid of all the fat that was left over from candle making process.

Keys study is the one that is the culprit. But that doesn't even matter, my wife and I eat fats everyday. If someone is not smart enough to see what carbs do the people or have not made that connection yet...then thats there own dumb fault.

Doesn't look like you read my post too closely either. Try again.

The "carbs" thing is definitely political. Can you imagine the world food situation if everyone cut back on rice/potatos/wheat as a major portion of their diet. The world is not big enough to support everyone eating larger portions of meat/veggies. Carbs have enabled the world to expand its human population. If we tell everyone carbs are bad, it will put a huge strain on all the other types of food supply and price. Eventually, the average Joe wouldn't be able to afford meat or veggies.

Everything in moderation. Saturated fat is a source of cholesterol, and without cholesterol you absolutely can not synthesize endogenous tesosterone. Carbs arent evil, either. Too much of either will give you bad health.

The "carbs" thing is definitely political. Can you imagine the world food situation if everyone cut back on rice/potatos/wheat as a major portion of their diet. The world is not big enough to support everyone eating larger portions of meat/veggies. Carbs have enabled the world to expand its human population. If we tell everyone carbs are bad, it will put a huge strain on all the other types of food supply and price.

True, Mac.

And good article to the OP. Every time I slip into a food induced coma (nap), carbs are the culprit.

The answer to most problems from disease to famine to environment is a smaller population. But breeding is such a sacred "right", no one wants to address it...it would be career ending, politically.

So, we feed them cheap carbs, make them unhealthy, strain the healthcare system etc, so they too can breed more unhealthy people.

Articles like this are just another reason why I love the Anabolic Diet.

These people wouldn't need a lifetime of low quality carbs to have a heart attack, they'd keel over dead if they knew how much saturated fat I eat in a day.

since changing to a diet thats higher in animal fats and fruits my labs have improved ALOT and i have to admit i havent eating much that gives me better gains than a bunch or good eggs and quality beef every day

John Meadows (MountainDog) has been preaching this for some time! Take a looks at his threads/posts/ and website!

Great post!!!

The "carbs" thing is definitely political. Can you imagine the world food situation if everyone cut back on rice/potatos/wheat as a major portion of their diet. The world is not big enough to support everyone eating larger portions of meat/veggies. Carbs have enabled the world to expand its human population. If we tell everyone carbs are bad, it will put a huge strain on all the other types of food supply and price. Eventually, the average Joe wouldn't be able to afford meat or veggies.

And excellent point. The government also subsidizes production of these, so to turn around and say "wait wait wait, we messed up" would be a tough thing to do. Also, the next in line to fall would be our beef, which is so poorly raised it comes with its own host of problems.

This is just one more thing pushing me towards a higher fat, moderate "as needed" carbohydrate diet (perhaps pre/post and AM).

I think saturated fats are good from the right sources. Remember... back then all animals were pretty much grass feed also. It wasn't like the meat today.

It was buffalo, deer, fish and small game, nuts, roots, berries and some fruit and some eggs.

I think the paleo diet is a good example of what should be eaten, which consist of alot of meat.

While i do agree completely that saturated fat/animal fat wont make you fall dead, i truly believe eating carbs is dependent on the individual.

Some people are made to eat carbs while others need to stay far far away because of genetics. Just how it is.

I can't sleep if I don't eat carbs before bed. Only protein and fats will keep me awake. Our brains also need 100 gr of glucose every day just to function so I believe carbs have there place but the question is as others have said - how much?

I thought it's pretty much common knowledge that it's the introduction of refined starches that caused the heart disease. No insulin... no way to coat your arteries with cholesterol. We are for sure meat eaters... hunter foragers... it's not the hamburger that kills you.. it's the BigMac with fries and a pepsi

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131