over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Squat suit help please

quadzilla500

Registered
My wife got me my first squat suit for Christmas, she did the whole size thing and even ordered it one size bigger for me....I can barely get the thing on with the help of two other people....Super tight around the quads to the point of just having it on for a few minutes I had some bruising on the inner upper thigh as well as some swelling.... My question is..is this normal??? I heard some guys around the boards say they actually had there flesh tare while squatting is this true? For real I never had a squat suit and know nothing about how they work or fit.....any help would be so greatly appreciated......

Yes, its normal. When I did more powerlifting years ago and used mine, I had to get the thing off after a short time. I felt like someone had shoved me down into a pipe that was 2 times too small for me.

yes normal.....i always felt claustrophobic
in suits, bench shirts...ect....couldnt WAIT
to get the hell out of it....

baby powder helps

but my question is......

are you a competitve powerlifter???

A good fitting squat suit should be tight around the hips but not super tight on the quads. It shouldn't be pinching your quads. You get your power out of your hips.

A good fitting squat suit should be tight around the hips but not super tight on the quads. It shouldn't be pinching your quads. You get your power out of your hips.

Exactly.

Hips and posterior chain is everything in powerlifting. Try adding a tight pair of briefs under your suit. A little trick you can do is mist the seams around your quads with water and this can help "stretch" the suit a little. It will break in a little. What kind of suit is it?

LC

I agree with the above post. Also what kind of suit did she get you? I like mine just a little bigger so I can get some squat briefs on under them.

it all depends on the suit. if it's 1 ply then it should as tight as possible, it takes 3 people over 5 minutes to get me in my 1 ply suit over briefs (along with a lot of baby powder) and when i get out i have bruises and cuts around my hips, quads, and top of my traps. but if its a multi ply canvas suit then it all depends on what kind of weight you're handeling, if you're not able to handle what it takes to get depth then it should be looser in the hips but if you're hitting depth easy and want more stopping power or rebound then of course it needs to be tighter. and as said above, it should tighter in the hips and a little looser in the quads.
so what kind of suit are you using?

The Z is made with tighter leg openings. The pinch is very normal.
If it doesn't bruise the shit out of you it's too big.

You think that hurts, go two ply canvas!:eek:

If it's not tight, it's not worth wearing, in my opinion! I have an Inzer as well and Tiny Meeker had to dangle me from a smith machine so I can inch my way in it. It was great. Very funny. I wore a fellow powerlifter's Titan once and it was way worse. I got bruises right above my thighs and it stayed there for weeks. I will say that once your suit is broken in the bruising shouldn't be AS bad. Still bad, but not as bad.

It doesn't necessarily need to be tight in the legs, it needs to be tight in the hips. The suit locks up your hips not legs, if your cutting off circulation your just going to get wore out.

Z suits are awful. I had good experience with the Metal ACE.

Best suit is a Leviathan.

"The greatest respect you can earn is self respect" Louie Simmons

Like Tenny said up top, baby powder does help.
I remember my old denim inzer bench shirt would cause my stretch marks to bleed a little until i used the baby powder.
Ive only worn a squat suit once and the baby powder really helped..

an oldschooler used to wrap his inner thigh with plastic wrap once around and said it was good for him. I cant vouch for that but the baby powder works.

You might want to get a tighter pair of briefs, and a squat suit just a size or two bigger. The briefs will give you pop out of the hole, the squat suit with straps up and knee wraps on will give you stopping power and help in the reversal, coming up with the squat. Listen brusing is part of the game. Soreness,numbing, and even possible ripping of the skin. If your briefs and suit with wraps are on right, your head is going to feel like it's going to exploded in the hole. Hope this helps, I've competed since 1974, so trust me I'm no beginner. Some guys end up with some nice nose bleeds. That could be another story. Also remember suits do stretch out over time. Metal or Titan is your best bet. You still will get marks, so get use to it.

The Z is made with tighter leg openings. The pinch is very normal.
If it doesn't bruise the shit out of you it's too big.

You think that hurts, go two ply canvas!:eek:

i use metal ace briefs under a inzer leviathan

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear