over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the deal with "organic" foods?

If that really were the case, then they'd legalize pot and raw milk and hand over the distribution to Big Pharma :rolleyes:

Legalizing pot would allow it to be grown by everyone who wanted to grow it. It can be used in place of hundreds of poisonous chemicals currently prescribed for all sorts of different ailments that are mostly caused by harmful chemicals in our food, environment, and everyday products that we use such as shampoos, toothpastes, soaps, and other everyday products. Not to mention the plethora of other uses that the cannabis plant has, the most useful plant on earth by far.

Raw milk comes from a Cow, anyone with a Cow can have access to it, the government doesnt like it being sold, and wants to limit its widespread availability. It may cure a myriad of different diseases and health problems, it may prevent many health problems that are currently treated with poisonous chemicals from big pharmaceurical companies.

The government has no business telling us that we cant have something that is natural to our earth, while at the same time pushing poisonous chemicals on us that are totally unnatural and toxic.

I pay almost double this for raw milk here.
and it sure is worth it.

As you probably know, there are different strains of E. coli and a particularly bad strain is (Escherichia coli O157:H7). Scientists showed in a half-dozen studies that grass-fed cows do become colonized with E. coli O157:H7 at rates nearly the same as grain-fed cattle.

Eating grass-fed beef may lower your risk of E. coli infection

Why is this? Work conducted at Cornell University by Russell and Diez-Gonzalez in the late 1990s showed that cattle that were fed hay had far fewer E. coli than when they were fed a standard feedlot diet based on grain. (Microbes Infect 2, No. 1 (2000): 45-53.)

In addition, the two researchers conducted a test tube study showing that E. coli from grass-fed cattle is more likely to be killed by the natural acidity of our digestive tract and therefore might be less likely to survive and make us ill.

The reason for the greater persistence of E. coli from grain-fed cattle, the researchers speculated, is that feeding grain to cattle makes their digestive tracts abnormally acidic. Over time, the E. coli in their systems become acclimated to this acid environment. When we ingest them, a high percentage will survive the acid shock of our digestive juices. By contrast, few E. coli from grass-fed cattle will survive because they have not become acid-resistant.

Full study: Eat Wild

As far as nutrition.. As stated before.. Grass fed beef is hands down, superior in nutrition to grain fed beef.. (Omega-3's, CLA, Vitamin E)

Last edited:
As far as costs... You can find good deals on organics.. My recommendations are as follows:

1. Buy meat in bulk.. I average $5 to $5.45 a lb for a variety of cuts of beef when i buy grass fed beef in bulk.

2. Buy eggs local: I pay $3 a dozen for pasture eggs..

3. Buy produce at farmers markets.. It is well documented that fruits/veggies loose nutritional value as soon as its harvested.. The produce at farmers markets is generally picked that same day.. Farmers markets will also give you better deals and they always give me freebies..

4. Buy fruits/veggies in bulk.. Lacto ferment or properly freeze your veggies/fruits.

I've read a good few very large and long studies stating organic crops are not better micronutriently than GM crops.

Meats, fishes, eggs, are a different story.

If that really were the case, then they'd legalize pot and raw milk and hand over the distribution to Big Pharma :rolleyes:

They know that if they were legalized and BigPharm took it over both of these products would still be available from "home growers" and/or farmers, and at a better price, most likely.

I pay almost double this for raw milk here.
and it sure is worth it.
Word! I've been payin' $15 a gallon for years and it's worth every penny. I'll never go back to that puke milk again.

Last edited:
I've read a good few very large and long studies stating organic crops are not better micronutriently than GM crops.

I'd be curious to read those studies and see who funded them, but I think the main selling point for me is that organic crops aren't covered in toxic chemicals.

As far as costs... You can find good deals on organics.. My recommendations are as follows:

1. Buy meat in bulk.. I average $5 to $5.45 a lb for a variety of cuts of beef when i buy grass fed beef in bulk.

2. Buy eggs local: I pay $3 a dozen for pasture eggs..

3. Buy produce at farmers markets.. It is well documented that fruits/veggies loose nutritional value as soon as its harvested.. The produce at farmers markets is generally picked that same day.. Farmers markets will also give you better deals and they always give me freebies..

4. Buy fruits/veggies in bulk.. Lacto ferment or properly freeze your veggies/fruits.

Where do you buy your meat in bulk? I have been looking at some of the grass fed ranchers web sites... I live on Los Angeles.. I was thinking about buying a seperate mini freezer and buying like $500 worth to get a nice discount and freeze...

Eating grass-fed beef may lower your risk of E. coli infection

Why is this? Work conducted at Cornell University by Russell and Diez-Gonzalez in the late 1990s showed that cattle that were fed hay had far fewer E. coli than when they were fed a standard feedlot diet based on grain. (Microbes Infect 2, No. 1 (2000): 45-53.)

In addition, the two researchers conducted a test tube study showing that E. coli from grass-fed cattle is more likely to be killed by the natural acidity of our digestive tract and therefore might be less likely to survive and make us ill.

The reason for the greater persistence of E. coli from grain-fed cattle, the researchers speculated, is that feeding grain to cattle makes their digestive tracts abnormally acidic. Over time, the E. coli in their systems become acclimated to this acid environment. When we ingest them, a high percentage will survive the acid shock of our digestive juices. By contrast, few E. coli from grass-fed cattle will survive because they have not become acid-resistant.

Full study: Eat Wild

As far as nutrition.. As stated before.. Grass fed beef is hands down, superior in nutrition to grain fed beef.. (Omega-3's, CLA, Vitamin E)

As was stated earlier there are different strains of e. coli and there's a particularly dangerous strain (O157:H7) which affects pastured cattle at almost the same rate as conventionally fed cattle. There are also high acid resistant strains of e. coli that can survive the low pH envirornment of the human stomach. Which, if I'm not mistaken, the aforementioned strain is.

But between 2000 and 2006, scientists began to take a closer look at the effect of diet on E. coli O157:H7 specifically. A different set of findings emerged to indicate that this particular strain did not, in fact, behave like other strains of E. coli found in cattle guts. Most importantly (in terms of consumer safety), scientists showed in a half-dozen studies that grass-fed cows do become colonized with E. coli O157:H7 at rates nearly the same as grain-fed cattle. An Australian study actually found a higher prevalence of O157:H7 in the feces of grass-fed rather than grain-fed cows. The effect postulated (and widely publicized) in the 1998 Science report—that grain-fed, acidic intestines induced the colonization of acid-resistant E. coli—did not apply to the very strain of bacteria that was triggering all the recalls.

Also, you are confusing the nutritional benefits of grass-fed beef with grass-finished beef. They're not the same thing. At any rate this argument is not about grass-fed/finished beef. It is about organic food. This could get confusing as Corn/grain-fed cattle can be considered organic if their feed-grain was labeled organic.

That doesn't feel right; I like my veg. and fruits from my garden.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws