over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coconut oil question for John or anyone really

Jeremy24

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey i bought some coconut oil byut when i got home i realized it wasnt virgin. It say its "100% mechanically (expeller) pressed naturally refined organic coconut oil"

14 grams fat
12 grams sat. fat
1g. mono unsat. fat

My question is will this have the same benefits as virgin coconut oil or should i just take the loss and buy some virgin coconut oil?

Thanks

Our bodies do not need AAS but a lot of us here tend to use them. Mac, your expressing your opinion, maybe provide some facts and articles relating to your opinions like authors such as John Meadows have provided in regards to healthy fats. And fyi I do like a low fat diet when prepping myself for contests. But I do not disregard the benefits of these fats either.

Ive ran carb diets and my body seems to run t its very best on mostly fats and proteins and carbs based around training

As for your question Jeremy, you should be fine with that oil. The virgin I find just has more flavor. But I believe they are both just as good.

JO---- Awesome thanks for ur reply

J, I just did some reading up on it and now I was wrong on my assumption. You want the virgin as its no as processed as the Refined oil as its in it most natural form when virgin. Glad I been sticking to this brand for a while I use now and glad I looked into it as I never took a second though before.

I thought it was pretty commonly known that some of us do much better with higher fats, and some of us do better with carbs in place of those fats.

I have tried everything under the sun, and I can say with certainty that my body has a much easier time getting lean if carbs are low and healthy fats are high. I can stay lean with high carb low/no fat, and I can get lean with that too......but it is just easier with the carbs gone and healthy fats in their place.
Energy levels are not as good as when using carbs, but that changes after a couple weeks of adjusting, and then I actually feel my energy levels are better and more stable.

That is just my individual response. I am sure there are many like me and many that are not. We are all so different.

JonnyO,
I have a library of books, some are still around from my college days. I just don't have the energy to review them and supply the data for support.
I will at some point, however.

Couple thoughts which may explain my statements. I was in charge of this rat experiment involving 24 rats. Both consumed the same total calories,
12 were fed a diet of 25% fats, the other 12 were fed 35%. The lower fat group were fed more carbs to make up the cals. They all received the exact same type of exercise for the exact same time and same speed.
At the end of 30 days, here's what I found. A ten % weight gain on the rats who consumed 35% fat, and 5% decrease in BF for the 12 that ate 25%.
Obviously we aren't rats and there are many more circumstances to deal with a human study.
By for me personally, before I made some major changes in how I ate, my
total cholesterol was in the 160-170 range, HDL in the 60 range, LDL in the 70 range, BF% around 15-16 % off season.
Now with a diet consisting of around 500-600 carbs, 140 grams prot, and 15
grams of total fat a day I've gained muscle, my BF is 9.8%, my total cholesterol is 91, my HDL is 31 and by LDL is 48. That may seem low but because my HDL is so low, it doesn't concern me.
Like you, I prefer a low fat diet in contest mode. The only thing diet wise that I would change would be to drop my fats to 5 grams daily. I've done this religiously in over 30 contest preps, and despite a few seconds, have won my class (MW - open), won the overall in all shows with a 35+ class and same with the 50+ class.(ugh). All regional level, national qualifyers. No loose skin, no saggy skin, ripped glutes and hams. No one beats me on leanless, I usually loose to the SHV for obvious reasons.

So I agree with you, there is no one clear cut way. It really doen't matter where we start.....it's where we finish that matters.

Peace,

Mack

Interesting study. How did eat before you mad ethe changes to low protein, low fat with higher carbs?

I dieted a guy with kidney problems ,couldn't take in more protein than 120g a day and that was pushing it as his doctor said it was ok just for this diet short term and he was monitored closely. He ate high carbs, low fat made great gainswhile dieting down to contest shape. Blood work was fine too.

But with the stresses we put on our bodies and the benefits these fats have they should be a must for those that do have cholesterol issues that can easily be changed favorably by diet. You are very lucky to be able to keep levels nice and healthy but not all are so lucky. Contest dieting, I know is short term, is obviously an exception to the rule.

After reading countless threads I would have thought people would realize different diet approaches work for different people. The key is to experiment for yourself and see how you are. Furthermore rat studies are the basis for many of our beliefs but one shouldn't take any studies results (even 100 studies) and take it for the truth for them. Fact is I am a carb person... I can remain fairly lean on 500g carbs... others would get fat on that... the same person might be able to build more muscle on a low carb approach than me on a high carb approach though... everyone is different.

My personal belief is that a general approach is best for most people. I find having no carbs or no fat do not end in the best long term results (and health)... notice I did not write short term results. But of course I say most people as how many times do people come on here saying keto is amazing for them... so I can't argue with that.

Anyway to the OP that is not the best but no need to throw it away. It is still great. Just use that and all following bottles should be EVCO. I love evco for most of my cooking.

I can't answer the OP, but I used a lot of Coconut oil when I was on really low carbs, and I can say it was much much better then when I did low carbs in the past. Felt better and fuller, good stuff. Now I am doing higher carbs (for me, 250 grams is higher carbs) and my fats only come from beef and fish oil, but overall I love coconut oil.

Hey Jeremy,

I have always taken the approach not to answer questions I wasn't positive about. For starters many people interpret what a truth is based on what they perceive it to be. A true truth is based on fact and fact alone.

Point being: the human species is a fine tuned machine that requires certain foods to be healthy and in our case, because we are always trying to add muscle, our nutrition needs are even more pronounced.

If that makes sense then realize this: we are not turbine engines. We require no oil of any lind in our diets. That's a myth. The point is this; oil is a form of fat. Would you eat lard or butter thinking there was some benefit to doing so. We get all the fats we need from the whole grains, protein, and carbs we simply eat every single day.

I've been around for a while, have a MS in Human Performance, which is combination of exercise science and nutrition and I know the role of nutrition, especially when it comes to bodybuilders.

Peace,

Mack

:confused:

olive oil
fish oil
Macadamia Nut oil

Protien is essential to human life, we die of disease without it
There are essential fats wnd without them the human body will suffer disease.

There are no Carbohydrates that are essential to human life. They may contain vitimans and minerals and calories to give us energy, but they are not necessary. Fat gives energy and so does protein, but it is better to keep the fat clories high enough so the protien goes to muscle growth.

I think genetics has a lot to do with if you do well with carbs or not. Startchy carbs are poison to me. They make me feel ill, have low energy and get fat.

Carbohydrates are also linked to Syndrome X, also called Metobolic Syndrome.

So I think your coconut oil should be fine. I prefer to use macadamia nut oil or fish oil since it has essential fats, but MTC oil that is in coconut oil is great for energy.

Hey i bought some coconut oil byut when i got home i realized it wasnt virgin. It say its "100% mechanically (expeller) pressed naturally refined organic coconut oil"

14 grams fat
12 grams sat. fat
1g. mono unsat. fat

My question is will this have the same benefits as virgin coconut oil or should i just take the loss and buy some virgin coconut oil?

Thanks

Jeremy.. Your coconut oil sounds fine.. You want to avoid hydrogenated or chemically processed coconut oil..

Thanks everyone for your responses and thanks for keeping this thread respectful and intelligent. Lets keep up the good debates on fats

Just as an addition other fats used are
mac nut oil
evoo
natty pb
almonds, almond butter
free range egg yolks
avacados

WTG amazon doll. Sounds like you have been studying the Paleo Diet. This diet works well for me and coconut oil is my staple if I'm using it in high temp cooking as it does not break down like olive oil. Macadamia nut oil is great as well. As for carbs, if I stay away from grains, it seems that I can eat as much fresh steamed veggies as I want from the fresh market. Key word is fresh and not canned vegetables full of sodium and preservatives.

I forgot eggs... they are no.1 :)

as I understand they are still studying the effect of monolaurin on hiv and herpes. mostly in the Philippines .
I know of a top hiv researcher who consumes coconut oil daily in her diet.

as I understand they are still studying the effect of monolaurin on hiv and herpes. mostly in the Philippines .
I know of a top hiv researcher who consumes coconut oil daily in her diet.

ok gotcha - yea they were doing work with it in Canada for a while, I think it was on monolaurin.org, but been a while since I had checked..thanks!
JM

I've dieted down to striated glutes on high carbs (300 grams day) and was tired all day long. Currently im working with a nutrionist (who doesn't advertise here but posts) who incorporates higher fats whole eggs etc in his diet. I am getting stronger precontest on 50g of carbs a day...and my energy is surprisingly not that bad. I actually feel very healthy...if that makes sense.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131