over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone ever heard of NHE Certification?

BigBoyJ

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I recently got a supposed job offer to become an NHE Mentor. In order to get the position, they said I will have to become a master level (level 3 trainer) through their organization. I've tried researching NHE online and I can't find anything conclusive. Some people say it's a scam, some say it's the best certifying organization there is. Anyone have any real, verifiable experience with them?

I recently got a supposed job offer to become an NHE Mentor. In order to get the position, they said I will have to become a master level (level 3 trainer) through their organization. I've tried researching NHE online and I can't find anything conclusive. Some people say it's a scam, some say it's the best certifying organization there is. Anyone have any real, verifiable experience with them?

Never heard of it; use your best judgement.

It's weird. They said I can take the exam for free. And if I pass, I can have the job. The normal price for the exam is around $1,100. There's no requirement to buy anything, but I would have to pay for the study guide (if I want it) at a 50% discount. But, yeah....I just can't find any proof that they actually exist. haha. Maybe it's just a scam to get me to pay for the study guide. I don't know.

It's weird. They said I can take the exam for free. And if I pass, I can have the job. The normal price for the exam is around $1,100. There's no requirement to buy anything, but I would have to pay for the study guide (if I want it) at a 50% discount. But, yeah....I just can't find any proof that they actually exist. haha. Maybe it's just a scam to get me to pay for the study guide. I don't know.

I believe we got the same email. I got one about a week ago and have been researching to learn more ever since. The people who praise NHE are people who either work with them, are certified with them or take a college course associated with them and the people who tear them down are people who apparently tried to get hired and were turned away for some reason. That is the pattern I've seen online. I think the confusion you have is from the two sides posting on the same sites. The skeptics all seem to be people who are on the outside, looking in, and don't seem to really know anything about NHE from a personal experience level. They apparently researched NHE, like you and I... found them credible and decided to apply for a job. Somewhere along the way, they got passed over (probably because they were ex-Fitness Together trainers or came from some other trainer mill organization) and then decided to post negative comments. The believers seem to be all people who have an actual affiliation or some other legitimate association with NHE. Their postings seem more friendly and detailed with facts about NHE, as opposed to just random theories based on anger.

I don't know about you, but I have been a trainer for quite some time and somehow they knew that? It appears they only contact people with a massive amount of professional experience and not just anybody with a heartbeat and biceps muscles (like some places I have worked for). The combination of their philosophy to help rid the industry of uneducated trainers and their efforts to improve the industry is why I decided to finally take the exam. Which, by the way is free and you are not required to buy a study book. This notion that they want you to buy a book for the exam is ridiculous because everyone they contact has a shitload of professional background and we all have already taken certification exams before. I suspect they expect us to already know this stuff, after all, we have been teaching it for a long time, at least I know I have. There are no purchase requirements, which rules out any theory that they want you to but anything. Even though it is not required, I think it would be smart to brush up anyway. I've heard their study guides are supreme and my books are getting old and outdated.

Here are the most credible links I've found. They may be what you were asking about:

**broken link removed**

NHE (National Health Educators) Exam - Bodybuilding.com Forums

It's crap bro! I tried this years ago when they had a different name (Scirion) or maybe that is still part of it.

They want you to get certified with them and then line up gyms to promote their cert. They pay you to sign people up and proxy(oversee) the exams. No one accepts their certification to get hired anywhere and most gyms won't let you train people unless you work for them....used to be different with percentages and contracts. They do not require you to buy books.... but they highly recommend it (IE...they know most will buy it just in case and it was like $199-299). They then send you a list of health club and gyms they want you to solicit.... clubs that are national and have their own cert requirements... or many that aren't even there anymore. Personal opinion... it's just a scam and then they try to use you to scam others.

Pay the money and go with trusted names.

I don't know about you, but I have been a trainer for quite some time and somehow they knew that? It appears they only contact people with a massive amount of professional experience and not just anybody with a heartbeat and biceps muscles (like some places I have worked for). The combination of their philosophy to help rid the industry of uneducated trainers and their efforts to improve the industry is why I decided to finally take the exam. Which, by the way is free and you are not required to buy a study book. This notion that they want you to buy a book for the exam is ridiculous because everyone they contact has a shitload of professional background and we all have already taken certification exams before. I suspect they expect us to already know this stuff, after all, we have been teaching it for a long time, at least I know I have. There are no purchase requirements, which rules out any theory that they want you to but anything. Even though it is not required, I think it would be smart to brush up anyway. I've heard their study guides are supreme and my books are getting old and outdated.

Are they nationally accredited?

It's crap bro! I tried this years ago when they had a different name (Scirion) or maybe that is still part of it.

They want you to get certified with them and then line up gyms to promote their cert. They pay you to sign people up and proxy(oversee) the exams. No one accepts their certification to get hired anywhere and most gyms won't let you train people unless you work for them....used to be different with percentages and contracts. They do not require you to buy books.... but they highly recommend it (IE...they know most will buy it just in case and it was like $199-299). They then send you a list of health club and gyms they want you to solicit.... clubs that are national and have their own cert requirements... or many that aren't even there anymore. Personal opinion... it's just a scam and then they try to use you to scam others.

Pay the money and go with trusted names.

Your facts are wrong brother. You are talking about a proctor/sales position, which was very popular years ago. I did that too. NHE proctors don't solicit like the scirion proctors used to have too. You must have gotten into that scirion program years ago, like I did, when proctor programs were solicitation programs too. That's old news man. I don't think thoses programs exist anymore. Lets' try to provide current information for people who may be interested. NHE has sales people who are responsible for signing up gyms (called FCA centers). I know because I was considering applying for a sales job but later discovered the pay scale wasn't high enough for me.

As far as them being nationally recognized, unless the tens of thousands of people who have viewed the links I posted, live in the same city... I would have to say yes. They do have an interesting take on accreditations though. There's a blog on the site.

Still seems weird to me. Nobody ever seems to have heard of them. No gym I've seen accepts their certification. You can't find any legitimate info on them anywhere outside of their own website. I've never heard of a trainer certified by them after being a trainer myself for 14 years. I suppose I could just take the test, not buy anything and see what happens.

Except your statement is somewhat exaggerated, don't you think? You make it sound as though you have spoken to hundreds of people, but the reality is probably only a few (possibly 3-5?) I had never heard of them before either but they are all over the web. One of the links I provided has 37,000 views. That is a large number of fitness professionals, reading and learning about them. After seeing how many views each of the many NHE threads have, I've stopped saying 'no one has heard of them'. It got to the point where the only person who seemed out of the loop was I... and it seems you too :)

I found this a few days ago. Manta is a big site and they specialize in business filings.
**broken link removed**

I also found this posting this morning: I think it is well put.

It isn't whether or not NHE is real (which is an absurd concern), it's whether or not you're real. There is no excuse for not taking the exam. I bet that is why they don't charge for the exam, it's so that people won't have any legitimate reason for not taking it. The people who are worried are really concerned about whether or not they are real, not NHE, because if they are not, the exam will expose that fact. Buy a study guide, don't buy one, it's irrelevant to the facts, which are it makes sense they would want to test you and they allow you to do so for free, so the ball is in your court... put up or shut up, as they say, but don't pretend it's the job that concerns you because there is nothing preventing you from finding out for yourself. Take the exam, it's free.

Maybe you should stop trying to find excuses to not be tested and just get tested. You have nothing to lose. That is the conclusion I have come to and I have been researching on this subject for some time now. I can't find anything wrong with the concept, NHE or anything they are doing and believe me when I say I tried :)

Last edited:
Still seems weird to me. Nobody ever seems to have heard of them. No gym I've seen accepts their certification. You can't find any legitimate info on them anywhere outside of their own website. I've never heard of a trainer certified by them after being a trainer myself for 14 years. I suppose I could just take the test, not buy anything and see what happens.

Sounds like you answered your own question, and that it's a waste of time and possibly money. Why not spend your time working on one of the accreditations that is accepted by people?

I guess it doesn't matter if your goal is to just kill time, but it sounds like you are seeking employment.

That's an interesting point, except that is only worth considering if your ambition is to work in a fitness center with the rest of the trainers who did not graduate from college, ex-cons and wannabe bodybuilders. There are mostly ACE trainers in my local gym and ACE is a pathetic credential. Anyone can pass their exam and you only need a GED to get one. Have you thought about what that means? These are the same people who would otherwise be working at your local mall, if the gym had not hired them.

I'm always careful about advising new trainers to seek the 'approval of your local gym' because in most cases, your 'local gym' is where you will really be wasting your time and money. If working at your gym is your career goal, you really should consider another career option. It makes no difference whether your local gym is familiar with your educational accomplishments because they are a dead-end. The local gym is where personal training careers go to die.

You don't even need a GED. I know a guy who never graduated from high school and he didn't have a GED and he was able to register for the ACE exam and they let him sit for it and he passed on the first sit.

I've heard of cases like that too. Stories like that and many others are why I refuse to be associated with gym trainers. Sure, there are some great ones out there, possibly many on this site, but I think there are far more underqualified ones nowadays.

I've heard the exam is pretty hard. They supposedly have really good programs.

So, I went through the NHE recruitment process and here's the deal...

Like everyone else, they contacted me by email and basically asked if I wanted to be considered for a mentor position. The job sounded great and the hours and pay were pretty good too. I spoke with the affiliate manager a few times on his cell phone and he seemed like a heads up kind of guy and we had good talks about what they wanted, my qualifications and all that type of stuff. The master exam was an issue for me because I wasn't sure I could take it at the time they wanted me to take it and I also wasn't sure about the study guide. He told me the study guide wasn't required but to me, I thought taking the exam without preparing for it was a certain way to fail. So, got the guide and was very impressed with the material. It wasn't as complex as I had feared and I was able to get through it in a week. To cut to the chase.... I FINALLY took the exam, which I knew right away I had passed and just found out last week that I did pass. They signed me up for a web training program, which I finished in half the time they said it would take and I will start on Monday. Everyone I've spoken to seems really professional and helpful and I'm thinking this might work out well. It's part time but since my training business is down it should help bridge that gap.

Odd, i've never heard of it...but then again I have a NASM cert, CPhT cert and PTCB National cert so i've been too busy renewing those constantly to look around at others but still...seems kinda fishy but hey, could be totally legit stuff! Good luck!

Yeah I have taught for NASM the last year so I just wanted to find out more about NHE

NASM, NSCA, ACSM. You will get hired anywhere with these certs. Although you may need experience on top at some spots I'm sure.

Contact your better business bureau to find out they should be able to answer your questions.MM

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131