over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The whole "70s guys didnt abuse drugs" is a bunch of BS

TheAnabolicFreak

Registered
A lot of the old timers always claim guys in the Arnold Era didnt abuse a lot of drugs but for some reason i always found it a bit hard to believe. For example back then everything they did had a "More Is Better" mentality. Arnold openly states he trained 6 times a week, 2 times a day because it was thought the more you train the more you will grow.

Ken Waller and Arnold used to have eating contests at all you can eat buffets because it was thought the more protein you eat the more you will grow.

My question is if that was the mentality then why the hell would they only take 10 mgs of Dbol a day and 300 mgs of deca a week? Why not take 10 times as much because their mentality was the more the better with everything? What do you guys think?

In an interview with Arnold he said a lot of guys were using 3 dbol a day. Not a ton compared to now but certainly not 10 mgs

10mgs Dbol ?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Arnold took Dbol like it was candy, and from a very young age

In an interview with Arnold he said a lot of guys were using 3 dbol a day. Not a ton compared to now but certainly not 10 mgs

There are a lot of phases in a bodybuilder's protocol, just because one may quote a certain phase and even then not go into detail doesn't mean that is the baseline standard to which they all adhered to. The truth is we don't know, they competed in an era where there was a lot of learning and experimenting...some may have pushed the envelope some may have not.

There are a lot of variables and unless you were in the inner circle of the top guys competing in the 70's you will never truly know, all you can do is speculate and speculation just leaves you with more ?'s than answers.

Whatever they did in that respective era worked for them, and the same can be applied to the 80's 90's and so on and so on.

Guess what...you're absolutely correct! I met a reporter for muscle and fitness who knew Arnold. He said Arnold would fill his hand with dbol and eat the whole damn thing. He was doing 1,000mg per day. People are so full of shit everywhere with their low dose lies.

Guess what...you're absolutely correct! I met a reporter for muscle and fitness who knew Arnold. He said Arnold would fill his hand with dbol and eat the whole damn thing. He was doing 1,000mg per day. People are so full of shit everywhere with their low dose lies.

if only i were less poor :(

I forget his name but there was an interview with an old school guy which was posted on rxmuscle the other week, I believe he owned one of the Golds locations? anyways, the guy was a beast and competed in the 70's....he claimed that he swallowed up to 10 grams of dbol per DAY. Now he might have meant week, and might have been exaggerating, but those fuckers loved dbol.

I do think they took a lot more time off though in the off-season, most of them looked a lot smaller when not training for a show.

a 1000 mgs a day? I hope you are kidding :eek:

Now that i think about it, that kinda makes sense. the lowest reported lethal dose of dbol in animals is 1,000 mg, and that was probably with a tiny animal too.

Now that i think about it, that kinda makes sense. the lowest reported lethal dose of dbol in animals is 1,000 mg, and that was probably with a tiny animal too.

This is my new dosing strategy, find the lowest documented lethal dose, and reduce 10% from it just to be safe. :headbang:

This is my new dosing strategy, find the lowest documented lethal dose, and reduce 10% from it just to be safe. :headbang:

I like your way of thinking. :D

:yeahthat: better invest in some emerging market bonds if you want to keep that up

Last edited:
Life is about EXCESS.

Period.

Always has been.

Excess money, cars, women, clothes, gear, food, homes, shoes, etc.

Thats a fact. And will never change.

So yes... I believe that someone, somewhere back in the day... was using high doses. I doubt all of them were. But most, yes.

Would they tell the truth about it now? Maybe, maybe not. We all have our reasons.

Half truths are how legends are made.

Keep in mind guys back then didn't have the internet, or even a bodybuilding community, magazines, or even any back-history on doses.

They didn't know 500 mg of dbol was 10 times what people in 2012 claim to take. They just took whatever they wanted to, or what they saw other people. They didn't necessarily KNOW they were high dosing, what the hell did they have to compare it to?

They also counted by "how many" dbol they were taking, not mgs. It wasn't the most scientific era.

I am still surprised by the amount of guys who dont know anything about mgs just "I take 3ccs of Deca a week" lol.

Haha yeah I have a few buddies like that. Not everyone who likes to lift stuff and get jacked has any interest in researching stuff on the internet, we have to keep that in mind. a lot of my friends who juice think a bottle is a cycle too.

"I grabbed a cycle of Cyp, gonna shoot a CC a week. Last time I gained 10 lbs". God bless their heart.

Haha yeah I have a few buddies like that. Not everyone who likes to lift stuff and get jacked has any interest in researching stuff on the internet, we have to keep that in mind. a lot of my friends who juice think a bottle is a cycle too.

"I grabbed a cycle of Cyp, gonna shoot a CC a week. Last time I gained 10 lbs". God bless their heart.

...and their livers!

Holy hell 1,000 mgs of dbol a day wow thats just crazy. Could not even imagine 50 a day is about my limit its plenty.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws