over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NPP vs Tren, a realistic comparison

BA69

Registered
It still amazes me that most have overlooked NPP as its probably the most memorable compound I've ever used. I got into steroid cycling with an intense fear of Deca and avoided it completely like many guys on steroid boards in the early 2000's. The problem was the dreaded deca-dick as well as progestin and prolactin sides which were not easy to manage. Back then, RU-486 (morning after pill) was being experimented with and unfortunately the sides were atrocious, stuff like blood in the stool. Old timers will remember... :)

So Bromo came around, and then Cabergoline and I started feeling confident about using Nandrolone. NPP has been produced as a pharmaceutical product for many decades, but it was always 25mg-50mg/ml and very expensive. I ran the BM Dubol 100, 2ml vials, an East Indian product (supposedly) and WOW! I mean it was absolutely shocking. I was a nandrolone virgin at the time but it soon became my favorite product. I had bromo on hand but I didn't need it at ~400mg or so per week for 6 weeks.

Deca is not suitable for heavy dosing. It simply has too big of a buildup effects and the sides are pronounced because of its slow clearance and drastic buildup. It doesn't lend itself to high doses. I think doses should be limited to 150-200mg per week max, for those who use it year round for joint purposes.

You can by pass many of the sides of Deca by using NPP, the ester allows you to use Nandrolone effectively without waiting around for 3 weeks for substantial blood levels and 4-5 weeks clearance time. Dosing with Deca has a pyramid like effect that is pronounce the higher the dose. This contributes greatly to the bloat and side effects of the drug.

As far as comparing it to Tren Acetate, NPP is not likely to be underdosed. Homebrewers know that it costs about 4X more money to produce Tren as compared to NPP, and the demand is simply not as high. Chances of underdosed products or bad raw material is much lower than something like Tren or Primo. It's essentially a cheap safe buy.

Side effects are also more tolerable. Run 100mg of Real Tren ED vs 100mg of NPP ED and you will feel less sides. I've run up to 150mg ED until the sides became too pronounced for me (BP rise..etc). With Tren, I can barely tolerate 50mg ED. It has better body recomp changes; Tren will burn fat much more efficiently, but it will not build more muscle than NPP.

As far as bloat, it seems to be heavily related to dosing pattern. When I ran NPP every 3 days, I experienced a LOT more bloat than with a EOD dosing schedule. I experienced almost zero bloat with ED shots.

I just see guys looking and trying more physique polishing compounds like Primo and Masteron when they still haven't used Nandrolone. Try the basic cycle which built more mass than any other in the history of bodybuilding: Test/Deca/Dbol. With NPP, you now have an optimized version which allows you to use effective doses with much less sides than Deca. Keep dostinex on hand and you are safe. You want to keep the bloat down, stick to ED or EOD shots and skip the dbol. Run 100mg ED of NPP for only 6 weeks and see what happens. If its not for you, that's fine, but try it at least once before you go spend money on expensive obscure compounds!

Ive read alot of people prefer npp over tren. Im running npp now. Ive only been on for a week, so cant say either way yet on any strength differences.
Does seem like i may be getting more bloat though than the tren.

Having never tried tren I can't make a comparison but I am definitely a new fan of NPP. I recently ran it for the first time and made great progress with it. Looking forward to using again in future cycles. I did experiment a bit and tried a few different brands and did see differences between each brand so I guess thats something to consider not just for this compound but also others that the source or it could make a great difference.

Tren is a more powerful steroid, I don't disagree. My thread title says a realistic comparison for a reason.

Sure we can say mg for mg Tren is stronger, but in real life we have to consider certain things:

1- NPP is less likely to be underdosed and is a safer buy than Tren on the UG market.
2- I don't know too many people who can handle doses of 100-150mg of fully dosed Tren ED. I had very little difficulty using high doses of NPP and I'm someone who had difficulty managing sides on 50mg Tren ED.
3- Insomnia on Tren vs well-rested on NPP (that was my experience.) You can't tell me that good sleep doesn't contribute to cycle success like muscle gain and strength increases.
4-Harsher crash on Tren vs NPP
5-Emotional wreck on Tren vs slightly irritable on NPP (again my experience)
6-Dry joints on Tren vs lubricated joints on NPP (again contributes to cycle success)
7-You can easily stack high doses of Testosterone with NPP. On Tren, higher doses of Test will lead to heavy sides.
8-Fat-burning/body recomp, Tren wins hands down.

So yes, I'll agree that Tren is a more powerful compound, but my suggestion is to not overlook NPP. I see guys running polishing compounds (not talking about Tren) and looking at research compounds like peptides, which is not a bad thing, but they are skipping steps in their development. You guys looking to spend a fortune on new compounds, try NPP at least once, the classic stack Test/Deca/dbol should not be overlooked. It might not be for you, but don't dismiss it.

NPP put a lot of weight on me when I used it and I liked it a lot. I agree with your whole post on NPP, but I was just saying tren is better in reference to your thread title based solely on what it does to your body. I plan on using both tren and NPP on my next blast

NPP put a lot of weight on me when I used it and I liked it a lot. I agree with your whole post on NPP, but I was just saying tren is better in reference to your thread title based solely on what it does to your body. I plan on using both tren and NPP on my next blast

Agreed! Why compare? They both have their place

I think what he saying is

Risk vs Benefits - NPP is better

Tren all the way

I'm in week 3 of running NPP AND tren ace together along with some test and I'm loving it. After I read the post by Dr.G about running two 19-nor's together as long as you don't go too high with the dosage I decided to give it a try. I'm running 200mg NPP, 200mg tren Ace, and 300mg test prop/ week and already seeing great results in strength and size. I never had any problems as far as sides when running nandrolone/test or tren/test either, but if someone else is sensitive to progesterone related sides running a cycle like this might not be right for them.

I'm also currently running both tren and npp. Definitely liking the npp. As mentioned above tren is unrivaled. By npp is certainly is nice addition. Also its nice to put to bed the myth that one cannot run both 19nors together. You absolutely can.

I'm also currently running both tren and npp. Definitely liking the npp. As mentioned above tren is unrivaled. By npp is certainly is nice addition. Also its nice to put to bed the myth that one cannot run both 19nors together. You absolutely can.

I'm currently running tren and npp together too. I've never had a problem with deca dick or progesterone gyno.

Your opinion is completely valid and respectable as you have used both compounds. I've posted on NPP in the past, and received a few pms asking me about it, some from members who have run a lot of different compounds without even considering NPP. Guys looking for feedback on Primo, research compounds, etc... yet they have completely overlooked NPP for several reasons.

They never considered NPP since they equate it to deca which is not an optimal version of Nandrolone and has many downfalls.

They think NPP is weak or not worth their time as it's not as talked about as other drugs.

The compounds which are game changer in my opinion are Testosterone, Nandrolone, Tren and hGH. The first time you use these compounds (provided they are properly dosed) you see your most drastic physique changes. When I first tried Tren, it was like I had never juiced before, the effect was very strong. I felt the same thing with NPP; I didn't feel it with anavar, Eq, primo, tbol...ect

Unfortunately for me, I can only tolerate 50mg ED of Tren, and the psychological issues are just too overbearing. I'd love to use it again, but it's not a good life decision for me. NPP on the other hand, I can use 150mg ED and the sides are manageable. Which do you think is a better mass builder? That's what I meant by a realistic comparison. I think some people fall into the same category and some have overlooked NPP.

Also, I'm not necessarily saying that NPP has less sides than Tren, but the sides are much less "felt" and much more tolerable. I've never compared blood values using both compounds.

Last edited:
Tren is a more powerful steroid, I don't disagree. My thread title says a realistic comparison for a reason.

Sure we can say mg for mg Tren is stronger, but in real life we have to consider certain things:

1- NPP is less likely to be underdosed and is a safer buy than Tren on the UG market.
2- I don't know too many people who can handle doses of 100-150mg of fully dosed Tren ED. I had very little difficulty using high doses of NPP and I'm someone who had difficulty managing sides on 50mg Tren ED.
3- Insomnia on Tren vs well-rested on NPP (that was my experience.) You can't tell me that good sleep doesn't contribute to cycle success like muscle gain and strength increases.
6-Dry joints on Tren vs lubricated joints on NPP (again contributes to cycle success)
7-You can easily stack high doses of Testosterone with NPP. On Tren, higher doses of Test will lead to heavy sides.

So yes, I'll agree that Tren is a more powerful compound, but my suggestion is to not overlook NPP. I see guys running polishing compounds (not talking about Tren) and looking at research compounds like peptides, which is not a bad thing, but they are skipping steps in their development. You guys looking to spend a fortune on new compounds, try NPP at least once, the classic stack Test/Deca/dbol should not be overlooked. It might not be for you, but don't dismiss it.

Great post....I understand fully where you are coming from and I agree 100%

Your opinion is completely valid and respectable as you have used both compounds. I've posted on NPP in the past, and received a few pms asking me about it, some from members who have run a lot of different compounds without even considering NPP. Guys looking for feedback on Primo, research compounds, etc... yet they have completely overlooked NPP for several reasons.

They never considered NPP since they equate it to deca which is not an optimal version of Nandrolone and has many downfalls.

They think NPP is weak or not worth their time as it's not as talked about as other drugs.

The compounds which are game changer in my opinion are Testosterone, Nandrolone, Tren and hGH. The first time you use these compounds (provided they are properly dosed) you see your most drastic physique changes. When I first tried Tren, it was like I had never juiced before, the effect was very strong. I felt the same thing with NPP; I didn't feel it with anavar, Eq, primo, tbol...ect

Unfortunately for me, I can only tolerate 50mg ED of Tren, and the psychological issues are just too overbearing. I'd love to use it again, but it's not a good life decision for me. NPP on the other hand, I can use 150mg ED and the sides are manageable. Which do you think is a better mass builder? That's what I meant by a realistic comparison. I think some people fall into the same category and some have overlooked NPP.

Also, I'm not necessarily saying that NPP has less sides than Tren, but the sides are much less "felt" and much more tolerable. I've never compared blood values using both compounds.

Makes sense. So many people seem to be unable to tolerate tren after a certain dose. I don't have that problem, so I like to use it as my primary compound since it is the king and then choose the rest from there. I do plan on using an equal dose of prop, tren, and npp next blast though with hgh of course

Great post. Gospel.. Ive been preaching this for years. For some reason few take the info and run with it.

yes but how much NPP would it take to be comparable in results to 100-150mgs of tren a day? id say ud need alot of NPP

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear