over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need help, wife wants more muscle less fat

heels1

Registered
She has run deca at 100mg per week and it made her hold water like crazy. Couldn't wear rings or anything. She wants to lose fat mostly, but maybe add a little muscle. She is in a holding pattern right now and not seeing much difference even though she is working hard. Cardio for 45 minutes 5 times a week and weights 4 days a week.

Post her complete stats, training experience and current training style/split, and an outline of her daily nutrition. Without this information nobody can help her.

Post her complete stats, training experience and current training style/split, and an outline of her daily nutrition. Without this information nobody can help her.

2 on 1 off schedule
Chest/tris
Back/Bis
off
Shoulders
Legs
She does about 12 sets per body part for large muscles, 8-10 sets for smaller muscles. Her cardio is 45 minutes on treadmill heart rate around 135. 43 years old and training for 5 years. 5'7" and 135-140 lbs. She has good training form, knows what she is doing. Diet is pretty clean, but hasn't counted calories. Typical daily diet would be oatmeal for breakfast, protein shake for snack, chicken salad for lunch, protein bar, turkey burger with sweet potato for dinner. Sometimes protein before bed. She started to look really good I thought on the deca at 100mg per week, but she gained a lot of water weight.

2 on 1 off schedule
Chest/tris
Back/Bis
off
Shoulders
Legs
She does about 12 sets per body part for large muscles, 8-10 sets for smaller muscles. Her cardio is 45 minutes on treadmill heart rate around 135. 43 years old and training for 5 years. 5'7" and 135-140 lbs. She has good training form, knows what she is doing. Diet is pretty clean, but hasn't counted calories. Typical daily diet would be oatmeal for breakfast, protein shake for snack, chicken salad for lunch, protein bar, turkey burger with sweet potato for dinner. Sometimes protein before bed. She started to look really good I thought on the deca at 100mg per week, but she gained a lot of water weight.

Well, Deca certainly would not be my suggestion for adding muscle, she needs to eat more. I wish men would stop throwing AAS at their women before evaluating their diet and training. She needs more calories all around, if she's in a deficit (which with what you stated above, certainly is) she will never gain muscle. After adding some food, then start to consider adding 10 mg of var ED. Look in the women's forum, there are about five or six RECENT threads about dosing var. Do some research, I suggest she get on here and do research as well seeing it's her body.

everybody wants it fast and easy , everybody thinks the answer is in a pill or a bottle.

nutrition is the biggest factor , get the diet and train on track with her goals before even thinking of jacking with her hormones

Running is the best exercises because it helps you burn the calories,
Walking, Sprinting and adding hills or an incline can burn 180 calories in 30 minutes,
Bicycling and Swimming of 30 minutes can burn 400 to 500 calories.....

She can try adding edamame into her daily meals. You may not know that it is very amazing in both controlling weight and building muscle. This benefit comes from the rich protein and poor fat quality of edamame. This foods is very common for muscle builder. You can see details about this benefit of edamame at the full health article https://wikihomenutrition.com/edamame-health-benefits

Not to be an ass but that's a pretty vanilla workout. A lot of sets with light weight and the typical cardio routine to finish the workout. I'd have her pick some goals or areas she really wants to work on and research some new workouts. If she want to add muscle she going to have to start thinking outside the box with her lifting...and like others have said...get her some food get her some food she's gonna need it. With the amped up workouts she will burn more calories too. The suggestion to start running is a great way to burn calories. If she can manage it she could get up early in the morning and put in a few miles? Var will help but with out a pretty kick ass workout plan she wont notice much.
She has the same stats as my wife...height, weight and age.

Why is the first thing brought up drugs?
Lol its diet
Don't be lazy
Doesn't matter how you train or cardio, you can still make no progress

Has she had a complete blood test.
Thyroid etc.
I've seen people gain weight on basically what I eat at one meal.

Deca? No

Diet first; clean dieting, heavy ass gym sessions, little cardio.
Then use primo and Var

could not agree more about thyroid testing. My wife was very serious into bodybuilding and diets and muscle always came easy to her....After almost 12 years in the gym (a few years back) her body started changing on her. Did not matter what supplement she took, or diet or what workout...she began getting softer and losing muscle.

Finally got her thyroid checked.... WAY WAY LOW...off the charts (but this was only the beginning. Doctors had to put her on insane dosages just to get her levels up, and when they did, she would get all the sides but non of the benefits.... many doctors later, one finally tested for a GENE mutation..."MTHFR"... this is how your body absorbs Folate and also interferes with thyroid absorption. Turned out she had a Double mutation in the gene.... Doctor kept her on the same dose of thyroid, and then put her on 15mg of methyl-folate....

doctor said, "I predict with your next blood draw, your T3/T4 levels will CRASH, in short the thyroid is circulating in your blood..but not being absorbed, so it builds up show artificially high levels"

SHE WAS RIGHT....same dose thyroid, her levels crashed. We are now keeping her on the methyl folate and slowly working her thyroid levels up to the optimum level. Hopefully this will get her back on stage sometime this year.

In short...if your having trouble losing weight (doing cardio, eating right, working with weights) ...then get some blood work done, get your thyroid checked (T3/T4/TSH/RT3)...and get a gene mutation test for the MTHFR mutation.

Well, Deca certainly would not be my suggestion for adding muscle, she needs to eat more. I wish men would stop throwing AAS at their women before evaluating their diet and training. She needs more calories all around, if she's in a deficit (which with what you stated above, certainly is) she will never gain muscle. After adding some food, then start to consider adding 10 mg of var ED. Look in the women's forum, there are about five or six RECENT threads about dosing var. Do some research, I suggest she get on here and do research as well seeing it's her body.

These are my thoughts exactly. Too much cardio, not the correct nutrition. Diet is essential, and especially when trying to reach a goal. If you dont measure your food, and have a precise and appropriate plan, the equation for fat loss is off. If you dont know what you're eating, you wont know where to adjust, incrementally, through trial and error. And better supplement advice is needed. Womens hormones are much more complicated than a mans. So, trying to throw some random drug at her can often equal a rebound and greater setback.

Last edited:
consistency with good diet. Lower sodium intake. Cardio is not the answer

consistency with good diet. Lower sodium intake. Cardio is not the answer

Lower sodium intake???
What exactly is that going to do to help fat loss??

More sodium makes u hold more water.

W R O N G

Your body will only hold onto the Sodium you need , it expells the rest.
Having a steady over abundance of Sodium will actually help you reduce water retention and dramatically increase your Athletic output , which will burn fat AND build muscle.
Cutting your sodium will do absofuckingluty nothing positive for fat loss.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws