over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Life as a Vegetarian

Did i say that is why people are dieing? No, i said we feed our beer cattle enough grain to feed the entire planet, which is true.

Within 200 years most developed countries will have evolved past the point of meat being a main part of human diet. Animal protein in more than about 5% of the diet will eventually kill you can the research is ALL OVER THE PLACE TO PROVE IT.

Dont try to rationalize why its ok to eat meat. Its not healthy for humans or the planet.
"help yourself to a fckin science book cause youre talking like a goddamn retard"...pissed off redneck south park

Ok, as I said, if I hope I am misreading your "logic". I love douche bag vegans like YOU that say eating meat can and WILL kill you, lmfao!!!!!!!!! Guess what dip shit, there are just as many studies showing meat is good for humans. So what is your rebutle, that they are conducted by the "meat companies" to push their propaganda? HMMM, just like the studies done by PETA and animal rights groups aren't skewed at all, right? I really could've given a shit about any of this, but when you try to act like you know what you're talking about as if your way is the only way makes you sound ignorant. You know what else will kill you? Being a pompous ass who thinks they know it all

I've gone vegetarian for periods of years over my life because of the animal killing aspect.

But then I had kids and you know it's a real pain in the ass to go vegetarian and get all the nutrients you need that the kids will eat. It's also very expensive. I was looking at tofu meatballs or hot dogs or whatever and it was like $14 a pound. That cuts into my GH budget.

I don't know which side is correct on the health issue, I would guess that if you pay attention either side can be healthy.

But it's impossible for me to reconcile the absolute horror of what goes on at the giant animal producing farms and the slaughter houses.

Anyone read Upton Sinclairs The Jungle? It's dated for sure, but that will damper your craving for a cheese burger.

My philosophy is to bury my head in the sand. Life is too short to worry about things that you can't change. Kids are gonna starve, most meat production is an abomination. But my life is just plain swell! Tonight me and the kids are gonna super size it.

And no, I don't want to know what's in the hot dogs I love so much.

Which is healthier?

About 10 years ago I was in China for my pharmaceutical job. I had dinner with the Chinese Head of Nephrology. Guess what, there isn't anyone on this board smarter, or better educated than him. (just different)

Anyway I told him I have 3 dogs. (I now have 3 different dogs:() He told me I should eat dog because "Dog meat is very good for longevity" Whatever the fuck that means.

Believe me, Harvard Medical School would put him on their faculty tomorrow. Assuming he isn't dead. He was very old then.

Argue all you want. There are strong points on both sides.

Ps. Please don't eat my dogs.

I've gone vegetarian for periods of years over my life because of the animal killing aspect.

But then I had kids and you know it's a real pain in the ass to go vegetarian and get all the nutrients you need that the kids will eat. It's also very expensive. I was looking at tofu meatballs or hot dogs or whatever and it was like $14 a pound. That cuts into my GH budget.

I don't know which side is correct on the health issue, I would guess that if you pay attention either side can be healthy.

But it's impossible for me to reconcile the absolute horror of what goes on at the giant animal producing farms and the slaughter houses.

Anyone read Upton Sinclairs The Jungle? It's dated for sure, but that will damper your craving for a cheese burger.

My philosophy is to bury my head in the sand. Life is too short to worry about things that you can't change. Kids are gonna starve, most meat production is an abomination. But my life is just plain swell! Tonight me and the kids are gonna super size it.

And no, I don't want to know what's in the hot dogs I love so much.

same here. going to have burger topped with bacon for dinner. and a meat milkshake on the side

As much as I love to eat steak, burgers, chicken, etc., if I had to look the animals in the eye and cut their throats, I would probably become a vegetarian. I was pulling into McD's for lunch today, and PETA was protesting on the corner. They had a big chicken costumed girl pacing, and other girls had banners saying "McDonalds Cuts Live Animals Throats", and one banner had a picture of a featherless chicken lying on the ground and said "Scalded Alive". I'm not sure if thats how McDs slaughters their chickens, but that has to be one hell of a way to go.

Being a true animal lover, I am pulled to consider the lifestyle of a vegetarian. I have seen some posts that mention they are veg., and was wondering how hard is the conversion?

I'm in the process of making the transition as well. In the 21st century with tons of protein supplementation options and food choices we have being vegetarian and putting on huge ammounts of muscle is quite possible.

Though I don't personally see the need to kill animals for food given the other options available, what bothers me more than the killing is the atrocious conditions associated with the large scale meat industry. I have less of an issue with eating meat if the animals are raised and treated humanely.

Regarding the health debate, you certainly don't need meat to be healthy - but including fish and some poultry likely isn't harmful. Red meat is a whole different story and the evidence seems pretty clear that there are health consequences to high ammounts of red meat consumption including cardiovascular disease and cancer.

The argument that humans were "meant" to eat meat is bullshit and is just as absurd as the argument that we were "meant" to be vegeterian. 4 billion years of evolution ensures that we're optimally suited to survive whatever food sources are available - an animal that absolutely needs one or the other to survive is less likely to survive than an animal that can survive equally well on both - which is us. In any case, 50,000 years ago the energy expenditure required to procure meat was far more than it is today, and it seems pretty likely that by necessity meat consumption was far lower per person than it is today.

Its true that current rates of meat consumption are not sustainable, but that's based on extrapolating today's rates of population growth forward and assuming that meat consumption is growing or increasing - playing that game, you will get to a point with our population growth where the population is not sustainable even if everybody just ate grain. The solution here is getting population growth under control, though lower rates of meat consumption certainly can't hurt efficiency and might help.

Last edited:
Red meat

I havent eaten red meat in over a year.......I went my whole career without eating red meat.......I stared eating grass fed beef 4 years ago and had health issues......stopped it last year and all is good.......so for me its a nono

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws