over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pump from training causing acne

airpendleton23

Registered
I know there are probably a thousand threads on here about acne and I think I've read them all. I'm wondering if anyone else believes the pump from lifting is causing acne.

I seem to get acne on a specific muscle group during my workout. If I'm training biceps and I get a good pump I often have acne in various places on my biceps by the time I'm done lifting. The same applies for other muscle groups, however I rarely get anything on my lower body. I also find that acne seems to show up directly above major veins. For example I get pretty vascular across the front delts, and always seem to have breakouts there.

I have tried everything imaginable from accutane to showering right before and after workouts, even changing shirts during a workout. Accutane seems to help a bit but never totally clears me up and I start breaking out again within a month of ending the accutane.

Last thing I will note is that it doesn't seem to be hormone related. I started having this problem before even using AAS and it has only gotten worse. Keeping estrogen in check doesn't seem to help, nor does pinning tiny doses everyday for steady levels when on HRT. Even after being totally off everything for over a year I was still having this problem. The only thing that seems to help is not lifting, and it's getting to the point that I'm actually considering that.

I'd appreciate any feedback, I can't seem to find anything about this issue on Google or any other boards. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
sounds like probably a coincidence. are you sure its acne and not an allergic reaction or something? ive never heard of acne just showing up during a workout

Acne?

I have had a pimple looking thing start a new stretch mark directly after a workout of that muscle a couple of times. I was told by a Dr. Friend that it is abnormal Colleen made because the damage occurs too quickly for your body to do it normally. He said to try vitamin e 400 iu before working out.

I have had a pimple looking thing start a new stretch mark directly after a workout of that muscle a couple of times. I was told by a Dr. Friend that it is abnormal Colleen made because the damage occurs too quickly for your body to do it normally. He said to try vitamin e 400 iu before working out.

I've actually had that happen too but I think this is different. It's usually little whiteheads and if you pop them they scab over and take a week or two to heal.

I'll definitely try the vitamin E though.

I know this sounds weird but it does happen to me. The better the pump I get the more I tend to break out. Doesn't always happen during the workout. Sometimes they show up the next day. It's almost always directly above major veins.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Is it pimples or cystic?

I got ctstic and have the same problem.
I think its "underlaying acne" that get pushed to the surface from the pump.
Not much to do but accutane it to death.

I don't see how that's possible. Not saying it isn't but I don't see how pumps can give acne

It takes a little longer than a workout for a pimple to appear...so i think that the working out and the zit on the bodypart trained are just coincidence.

You mentioned that estrogen is in check...how do you know this? Just by taking and ancillary or have you had blood work done to confirm that your levels are in check?

It takes a little longer than a workout for a pimple to appear...so i think that the working out and the zit on the bodypart trained are just coincidence.

You mentioned that estrogen is in check...how do you know this? Just by taking and ancillary or have you had blood work done to confirm that your levels are in check?

I get blood work done once a month (for other medical reasons). I was also off everything, HRT included for over 18 months and continued to have this problem.

I know it seems like a coincidence, but I can't figure out why the pimples form directly above a vein. I trained arms yesterday, I'll have to post a pic later on today of my bicep.

Thats very odd. Maybe Stewie or Alpha can chime in...

Lol... for real FOR REAL?? This could become an epic thread if handled the rt way. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully as epic as your thread about your wife enjoying your "fluffy" appearance.

I will some times 1 on my shoulder when I train hard as hell. I think a lot of it has to do with pressure in the skin/pores etc. I was told by my dermatologist that an isolated zit/bump is tension or stress related and a patch of small zits is much more hormone related. As far as getting acne , I have never got such , just the stress bumps here and there. And I have been using for 7yrs

Are you wearing a tank when you train? Maybe getting exposed to some weird bacteria on the mats at your gym

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear