YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is the Most Unconventional Exercise You Do (That Gets Results)?

V-shape

Newbies
Guys complain they can't keep their waist size down, but it's been my experience that they just don't wanna put the work into it.

I hang upside down from a chin-up bar (wearing "anti-gravity boots") and raise my upper body up until my face reaches my calves 100 times every day.

Usually it goes like this: the first set I can do about 25, the second set about 30-35, but then it starts getting hard and I do less and less per set. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 sets to get the last 20 done. Sometimes my wife has to help me on the last few. I do them at home; the rest of my workout I do at the gym.

I think doing abs every day is what keeps them tight and lean. If you waited a few days in between, like we do when we're building our other muscles, I think the abs would bulk up, too. By training them every day, they don't have time to grow.

The other unconventional thing I do is on the bench sometimes. You know how you always hear, "Don't cheat, don't lift your butt off the bench"? My training partner and I sometimes take an XXL weight belt and strap it around the bench AND the body at the waist and buckle it tight. You can't raise your body an inch, and you feel the movement more in your pecs than regular benches. My chest has started growing again after plateauing out at 52.5"; it's now 54" and still growing.

Next time we do it I'll take a picture to share.

Hmm, those ideas actually sound pretty intriguing

I may give the bench w/belt a try and see how I like it. Thanks for the ideas.

Although I haven't done it in awhile, I used to regularly use a Hammer seated row for close grip bench (leaning into it).

step ups instead of squats

push ups on rings suspended from above

inverted push ups instead of overhead press

horizontal rows

step ups instead of squats

push ups on rings suspended from above

inverted push ups instead of overhead press

horizontal rows

Do all of these and love them. Also a fan of the gravity boot Situps V-Shape talks about.

I like the oly lifts a lot. Also like unilateral barbell work. 1-arm presses, snatches, cleans, jerks, suitcase and 1-arm deadlifts all with a barbell instead of dumbbells. Did 1-arm bench press for the first time the other day and boy did I get sore...

1 arm barbell rows and landmine lateral raises

Guys complain they can't keep their waist size down, but it's been my experience that they just don't wanna put the work into it.

I hang upside down from a chin-up bar (wearing "anti-gravity boots") and raise my upper body up until my face reaches my calves 100 times every day.

Usually it goes like this: the first set I can do about 25, the second set about 30-35, but then it starts getting hard and I do less and less per set. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 sets to get the last 20 done. Sometimes my wife has to help me on the last few. I do them at home; the rest of my workout I do at the gym.

I think doing abs every day is what keeps them tight and lean. If you waited a few days in between, like we do when we're building our other muscles, I think the abs would bulk up, too. By training them every day, they don't have time to grow.

The other unconventional thing I do is on the bench sometimes. You know how you always hear, "Don't cheat, don't lift your butt off the bench"? My training partner and I sometimes take an XXL weight belt and strap it around the bench AND the body at the waist and buckle it tight. You can't raise your body an inch, and you feel the movement more in your pecs than regular benches. My chest has started growing again after plateauing out at 52.5"; it's now 54" and still growing.

Next time we do it I'll take a picture to share.

I musty agree and the abdomen... When I was still coaching MMA we did abs everyday... my waist would sit around 30-31 inches. Now that I have completely retired from any sort of MMA and only do bodybuilding, my waist is more around 34 offseason. If anyone can dig it up DOrian Yates has amazing abs now that he is training them daily.

SQUATS

^ they are pretty unconventional in the gym I work out at LOL
(one suat rack and someone is either doing abs on the floor in it or its collecting dust...)
-JS

I do barbell curls in the squat rack ;)

kidding.

Here's a link to a vid [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xurgwTciw4A]Landmine Lateral Raises - YouTube[/ame]

reverse grip shrugs and spider curls are too of my favourites for finishing a workout.

heres a vid of dave tate doing the landmine laterals. I prefer the way he is holding the bar on the inside of the collar. then when you fatigue on these you can stand facing the bar and continue with 1 arm presses to really fry the delts
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svTls-_0v4M]Elitefts.com - Econo Core Blaster Sword Pulls - YouTube[/ame]

2 arm DB row i got from phil... haven't seen many people in the gym do them, and almost 0 do them heavy... love them...

the 5 sec negative stretch calf exercise on the leg press i got from dc.... WORKS

Hex Press made a huge difference in my front delts and chest.

the 5 sec negative stretch calf exercise on the leg press i got from dc.... WORKS

That's church right there. Nothing has made my calves grow like DC style calf training.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131