over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Distal Bicep Tendon Rupture

Hang in there as the recovery is slow. I tore mine 4 yrs ago and it was a full 12 mos before I felt good about it. Just coming off labrum tear and biceps tenodesis so my rt biceps is anchored top and bottom so hopefully it will hold for a few years. Getting old sucks. The SSB is a great way to get back in the gym and lift. I waited about 4 mos after distal surgery because it hurt like hell. This surgery was easier and 6 weeks I was cleared to use it. SSB, glute ham raises and abs have been the staple of my workouts along with the rehab stuff. Be patient and it will heal and be as strong as it was pre surgery. My surgeon said if I let it heal properly it would not come loose and he was right. He forgot to mention the other end would come off !!! Good luck
Heavy70

In 2004 I ruptured my upper Bicep on the second day of an 8 day cruise. We drank the night before and the AC was on my left arm. I as an Idiot hit the gym without eating prior. I was curling of all things a 25lb dumbbell, I was on my eight rep when as you described an internal\external snap, I immediately knew what it was. I went to the ships witch doctor and he said you must have sprained your arm when any idiot could see my bicep was bunched up near my forearm. Long story short, when I came home I saw my surgeon and he said I do these procedure the most 48hours after rupture, your case will be hard to perform and I know you, you will not refrain from training for six months and re rupture. There are surgeons that will perform the surgery but I will not. 8 years later this is how my arm looks.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 48,850
shit sorry this happened..

needless to say, im scared shitless of this happening to me now..

im 23 y/o, only deadlift double overhand (never do anything mixed or supinated) and i foam roll and stretch a lot..

what else can i do to mitigate the risk of these tears and others like em?

op
how did this turn out? i had an mri on my elbow yesterday. "severe partial tear of the bicep tendon"
i see my orthopedic surgeon monday.

With these snaps/tears happening with such light weights, what would you contribute the cause to how it happened??

I know people whove had similar tears...fortunately ive been lucky so far, but at 44yrs old im very weary...and its worrying when you hear of them with light weights!!

With these snaps/tears happening with such light weights, what would you contribute the cause to how it happened??

I know people whove had similar tears...fortunately ive been lucky so far, but at 44yrs old im very weary...and its worrying when you hear of them with light weights!!
mine came on my 10th rep of powercleans at 265lbs.

ironically on the last lift of a 1 hour olympic lifting session.

im 42
on trt dose of test/deca and 3 iu rips

Last edited:

Yea I got to believe that snapping a bicep with a 25 pound dumbbell curl was probably the straw that broke the camels back but the injury stemmed from something else.....deadlift, heavy back movements, severe tendonitis over time......its just that the dumbcurl was the end switch

My biceps hurt and feel unsafe on the negative portion of bench? Not all the time but maybe a few days after dead lifts or squats or vice versa. It gets the point where the weight is like 225 and not heavy to me but it just feels dangerous and I have to do the negative super slow out of a borderline stretching type pain. I don't even directly train biceps just do pull-ups. Am I bound to rip a bicep soon? Any one else get this?

My biceps hurt and feel unsafe on the negative portion of bench? Not all the time but maybe a few days after dead lifts or squats or vice versa. It gets the point where the weight is like 225 and not heavy to me but it just feels dangerous and I have to do the negative super slow out of a borderline stretching type pain. I don't even directly train biceps just do pull-ups. Am I bound to rip a bicep soon? Any one else get this?
i havent done a bicep curl in ~5+years. about 3-4 months ago i was experiencing tendonitis in my elbow but didnt think much of it contributing to this. i would just be sure to warm up properly (actually i lied, i would use 10lb dumbells to do 20 curls per arm to warm up my biceps before workouts) the tendonitis subsided. havnet felt it in at least 2 months. the rep before i tore my tendon i felt some soreness in my elbow. i stretched for a minute and did my last rep and BAM!
the radiologist said 'its hanging on by a string, do not LIFT anything". im glad its not a total tear. that would freak me out to see my bicep sitting on my shoulder! as of right now i have no deformity in the bicep but im also not flexing it so i cant say for sure that there wont be. i see the orthopedic tomorrow.

i talked to a guy at the gym yesterday who 3 weeks ago tore his distal bicep tendon. it was 80% and the ortho (the partner of the guy i see) did not do surgery. at only 24 he is young though. im 42 so i dont dont how much age plays into consideration when deciding surgical repair or not.

Wiz good luck on your recovery brother.... Hope the OP has recovered 100% as well..... I turn 44 today and reading stuff like this scares the shit out of me

But wizim what do you think it is that my biceps hurt like that on the negative portion of bench and pressing movements to the point that I have to lower super slow? Tendons? It's just weird and I hear other people complain about it but never get an answer on what it is.

But wizim what do you think it is that my biceps hurt like that on the negative portion of bench and pressing movements to the point that I have to lower super slow? Tendons? It's just weird and I hear other people complain about it but never get an answer on what it is.
good question man.

Yea I got to believe that snapping a bicep with a 25 pound dumbbell curl was probably the straw that broke the camels back but the injury stemmed from something else.....deadlift, heavy back movements, severe tendonitis over time......its just that the dumbcurl was the end switch

i knew guy who was couple weeks out from a show who tore his posing in locker room. just went up into a double bi and it just rolled up into his armpit. weeks of dieting and depletion it was just ready to go

I had a distal biceps rupture last fall. Several people suggested that my elevated estrogen over time weakend my tendons.

Many have hypothesized (and some studies support) that AAS weaken tendons. Both from direct effect on the fibers (making them less pliable and more brittle) and by also allowing muscle growth to outpace tendon adaptation.

My question is: Can it be said definitively that modest GH use (4iu pharma/day) could be a PROACTIVE approach to preventing tendon injuries and muscle tears in aging bodybuilders/enthusiasts? We know GH is often cited for enhanced tissue/tendon RECOVERY but is it a safe bet to assume its modest use can help strengthen existing tendons?

Many have hypothesized (and some studies support) that AAS weaken tendons. Both from direct effect on the fibers (making them less pliable and more brittle) and by also allowing muscle growth to outpace tendon adaptation.

My question is: Can it be said definitively that modest GH use (4iu pharma/day) could be a PROACTIVE approach to preventing tendon injuries and muscle tears in aging bodybuilders/enthusiasts? We know GH is often cited for enhanced tissue/tendon RECOVERY but is it a safe bet to assume its modest use can help strengthen existing tendons?

Growth hormone stimulates the collagen synthesis in human tendon and skeletal muscle without affecting myofibrillar protein synthesis

Growth hormone stimulates the collagen synthesis in human tendon and skeletal muscle without affecting myofibrillar protein synthesis

But then there is this too...

**broken link removed**

Human Growth Hormone May Be Detrimental When Used to Accelerate Recovery from Acute Tendon-Bone Interface Injuries

http://liu.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:512145/FULLTEXT01.pdf

Growth hormone does not stimulate early healing in rat tendons

I agree with this. I tore mine at the elbow several months ago while bowling at a 4 year old birthday party with a 12 pound ball. On the 5th frame just came back and popped. The fact of the matter was that I was just bowling at the time. I definately think the injury had occured previously possibly over the course of many years. I have had severe bouts of tendonitis in both biceps, but especially in the one that tore on and off for years.
In my case the bicep did not roll up to the shoulder, it just pulled slightly to one side at the elbow, but was very painful. I of course though it was a partial tear. MRI and inspection at surgery showed that the bicep ruptured completely, but was held at the elbow by large amounts of scar tissue, suggesting that this tear either occured slowly over time or was a result of micro tears over time.

I would like to see an update From Billet on his progress and recovery over the last year..just so we other unfortunate brothers can get an idea of what to expect.

Just had this exact surgery last week. Arm is still totally immobile. I see the surgeon for follow up on tuesday to see when i can go back to work and start pt.

I tore both biceps flipping a tractor tire, left one over 60%, right one was minor. Sounded like a washcloth ripping. Took a year for it to heal but it will never be like it was. I had just turned 41.

At the time I started looking online and there were forums and threads where this appears to be pretty common in males 40+. Many of the guys were just lifting boxes or doing "normal" stuff. When I talked to my orthopedist he confirmed it. He told me this was the most common injury he sees in men my age (early 40s): he does endobuttons weekly.

My arms were locked, form was tight. But years of bicep tendonitis and low bar squatting did their damage.

SB

so which curl exercises were yall doing when it snapped

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear