advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How prepare for a workout in a shitty day?

Google&Pubmed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Okay some days I am ready to hit the gym. I am pumped, happy, and my walk has a little skip in it. But they are days (especially the really hot ones in fucking fuck Texas) in which I just feel like crap. I can't find the right music to get me going, I feel like I've listened to everything, and can't find anything new that I like or anything to put me into the "right" mood (BTW this includes the motivational videos on youtube and all that). And it's just a shitty drive to the gym and my workouts suck. I can feel that I'm dragging my feet on the ground because I really don't want to be there.

Those days, I have no idea how to turn them around? How do you get yourself really ready to just hit the gym with some excitement?

I watch a few Zhasni videos on YouTube and listen to them on the way to the gym....that usually helps me get in the right mindset by forgetting about everything else(job,bills,family,spouse)

Sent from Men's Correctional Facility.

My bad days are my best days in the gym...escape and let loose. However I would not have said so pre TRT

That's one of the reasons I train at 4 am.
Get in and have a great work out before the rest of my day goes to shit.

I've had a "few" of these days in the last few weeks. No energy quads still sore from injection. I lightened the weight upped the reps to 20 min and cut rests to. 30 seconds or less or do some extended super or drop sets.

We all have shitty days. Just fucking do it

I get up early too.

That's one of the reasons I train at 4 am.
Get in and have a great work out before the rest of my day goes to shit.

My girlfriend tells my mom- he is always up before the ass-crack of dawn no matter what.

I watch Tony Freeman videos and think...if that old bastard can do it...so can I. Lol

I haven't found a way to necessarily "turn it around", but if you can find the mental strength to just make yourself do it I think that's all you can ask of yourself.

Nobody can have a killer workout every time. Some days you're exhausted, hot, stressed out, etc. Those are the times that weaker people skip the gym and go sit on the couch. Just tough it out. Even if it's not a record breaking training session, it's better to go. Even if it feels like you're just going through the motions some days.

Remember, the only bad workouts are the ones that you miss.

If this happens weekly, do work busy season I just tough it out. If it is a random situation I just drop the regular scheduled lifting and do some experiment Style or exercise or style ive been wanting to try.

I have days like this often, in fact the bad days far outweigh the good.
You are going to have those days where everthing works, they will be the exception usually, not entirely, but you will find that training goes good for a time then falls into these lulls.

What I do is remind myself that the success you have in any endeavor but especially in bodybuilding is the ability to fight hard on these shitty type days and keep productive. To enjoy the shittyness of it, to revel in the battle so to speak.
Strength is not measured by when a man is at his strongest and the challenge is the easiest, true strength is the ability to fight when you are weak, tired, and mentally just want to pack it in- those are the moments that will test your resolve about how bad you want it.
And those are the times that when you get through that you build on for the good workouts too come.

What music do you listen to? I'm sure you're far from having listened to "everything"...believe it or not different types of music can get you going in different ways. It doesn't always have to be aggressive to get you motivated.

What music do you listen to? I'm sure you're far from having listened to "everything"...believe it or not different types of music can get you going in different ways. It doesn't always have to be aggressive to get you motivated.

I agree with that! Most of the stuff I listen to in the gym people would call "easy listening" and the other gym rats would probably go "WTF"? But a lot of that stuff will really get me going...

Maybe watching this will get you jump-started. Doesn't get much more inspirational.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggoco0K6IOc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggoco0K6IOc[/ame]

Oh, it's not apparent from the vid alone, without the description...the dude is blind and deaf.

Caffeine and my head phones. If I need more than that....it's more caffeine or ephedrine if on hand.

....and if that still doesn't do it....I just leave:headbang:

Jazz, rock, swing, hip hop, R&B, Rap, metal, Jamaican, punk rock, ska, Techno, trance, dubstep, house music, surfing rock (or whatever it is exactly called...can't remember correct name right now), dance, electric, 70s, 80s, 90s,....those are off top of my head.

I agree with that! Most of the stuff I listen to in the gym people would call "easy listening" and the other gym rats would probably go "WTF"? But a lot of that stuff will really get me going...

I'm made some of my best lifts listening to easy listening music lol.

BTW I want to mention that I never skip a workout if I feel shitty or bad or whatever. I just don't have that excitement in me that helps me get my workout done faster and better. Not having that is what I'm trying to avoid.

Okay some days I am ready to hit the gym. I am pumped, happy, and my walk has a little skip in it. But they are days (especially the really hot ones in fucking fuck Texas) in which I just feel like crap. I can't find the right music to get me going, I feel like I've listened to everything, and can't find anything new that I like or anything to put me into the "right" mood (BTW this includes the motivational videos on youtube and all that). And it's just a shitty drive to the gym and my workouts suck. I can feel that I'm dragging my feet on the ground because I really don't want to be there.

Those days, I have no idea how to turn them around? How do you get yourself really ready to just hit the gym with some excitement?

you clearly haven't listened to the egg song..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNndX9qua1o]egg song - YouTube[/ame]

I think about...

-How much money I spend on this (food, supplements, drugs, etc.)

-How many times I've forced down food to grow and forcing down that food in the next few days is probably pointless unless I've worked out.

-How many times I get to hit a particular muscle group per year, if you think about it's really not that much. Why skip it unless it's impossible to go.

-How many sacrifices have been made to pull this off and try to hit my goals daily both in terms of time invested as well as social sacrifices to go to the gym/eat clean, etc.

Too much goes into this to half ass it and not go to the gym because "you're in a bad mood."

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear