YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I never used to get sick...now 30 and with a 2yr old...and I get decimated..

So no cure alls. Anyone tried selank?
How about low dose t3 to up metabolism and burn off the nasty?

In same boat, got very little sleep and totally stressed out this week and now Im sick as hell. Also 2yo and 4mo old at home. This SUCKS!!!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

The strength of your immune system as an adult is largely based on what you have been exposed to. If you "never get sick" then you are going to have a weak immune system.

Also, HCG can severely impact the immune system. Especially if you are dosing it very frequently (EOD), even in small amounts.

Last edited:
The strength of your immune system as an adult is largely based on what you have been exposed to. If you "never get sick" then you are going to have a weak immune system.

Also, HCG can severely impact the immune system. Especially if you are dosing it very frequently (EOD), even in small amounts.

Didn't know HCG did this.

I think another huge factory is gut/digestive health. A quality prebiotic could be beneficial. Especially if you rarely eat any yogurt cultures.

Kids, especially once they start daycare and or school will wreck you with the amount of germs they bring home.
Try to get them into the habit of washing hands frequently at an early age (my girl is always on top of our kids the second they get home from school- "go wash your hands!")
I found a did better staying healthier through the school year when I really increased my vegetable intake as well.

And It does get better as they get older

Negatively?

I used to date an elementary school teacher who worked in the hood and I've never been sick so frequently. One time a student came to class covered in bed bugs I left work early to meet her after school so that I could hose her off in the yard before she came in the house.

Also have to give a bump to the injectable curcumin, glutathione, and sod products. Have been using them for the past 6 months during some rigorous and sleep deprived training for my line of work and haven't been sick once. Not only staying healthy, but continuing to perform at a very high level despite the less than ideal circumstances. Other than an occasional break here or there, I'll stay on this stuff forever.

I havent read the whole thread because im pressed with time...... but if i can offer my thoughts.

a) Think gut...a gigantic part of the immune system
b) Study pro-biotics and start taking them.
c) Beta-glucan
d) If your taking a baby aspirin a day maybe switch it out for a potent garlic supplement
e) NEVER EVER EVER wipe your nose, itch your eye, or touch your mouth at the gym....if it is an absolutely neccessity itch your eye with a peice of your shirt (upper arm sleeve) or part of your shirt you know hasnt touched anything (shirtwaist near the oblique) -- as soon as you get home (or even at the gym) wash your hands thoroughly and then use sanitizer. Do you know how many people leave the gym and go home and make a shake? They touch the side of the glass, itch their nose on the way home, itch the corner of their mouth, drink that shake from a glass that their fingers have picked up (that handled all those bars and all those grips in a gym where 1000 other people have touched)

In fact if anything above i would make e the focus. if you are anywhere itch your eye or your mouth or your nose with your pinky finger. Why? Because you pick up things and turn doorknobs and touch everything with your other fingers for the most part...pick up a spoon, a fork, is your pinky touching it? Thats the finger in an absolute neccessity you use to rub your eye with. Take these precautions to heart and remember that sick people come to the gym all the time before they are no longer contagious. Take the precautions that you need to take and think about that.
I always use the waist of my shirt down along the side near my buttock if i have to itch my eye in a gym and there is no other option....it is little stuff like that which will make a difference. I developed a gameplan about 10 years ago when i was getting sick all the time and I had enough of it..... Im not a germaphobe i just make sure i stack odds in my favor.

I havent read the whole thread because im pressed with time...... but if i can offer my thoughts.

c) Beta-glucan
d) If your taking a baby aspirin a day maybe switch it out for a potent garlic supplement
e) NEVER EVER EVER wipe your nose, itch your eye, or touch your mouth at the gym....if it is an absolutely neccessity itch your eye with a peice of your shirt (upper arm sleeve) or part of your shirt you know hasnt touched anything (shirtwaist near the oblique) -- as soon as you get home (or even at the gym) wash your hands thoroughly and then use sanitizer. Do you know how many people leave the gym and go home and make a shake? They touch the side of the glass, itch their nose on the way home, itch the corner of their mouth, drink that shake from a glass that their fingers have picked up (that handled all those bars and all those grips in a gym where 1000 other people have touched)

In fact if anything above i would make e the focus. if you are anywhere itch your eye or your mouth or your nose with your pinky finger. Why? Because you pick up things and turn doorknobs and touch everything with your other fingers for the most part...pick up a spoon, a fork, is your pinky touching it? Thats the finger in an absolute neccessity you use to rub your eye with. Take these precautions to heart and remember that sick people come to the gym all the time before they are no longer contagious. Take the precautions that you need to take and think about that.
I always use the waist of my shirt down along the side near my buttock if i have to itch my eye in a gym and there is no other option....it is little stuff like that which will make a difference. I developed a gameplan about 10 years ago when i was getting sick all the time and I had enough of it..... Im not a germaphobe i just make sure i stack odds in my favor.

This could be total coincidence but I started supplementing with beta-glucan within the last year after reading about you posting your normal supplement regime Dante and managed to side-step 3 different colds that were going around. Still havent gotten sick yet. And im normally the type to catch EVERY cold that goes around, my immune system is garbage. So take that for what its worth OP

c) Beta-glucan

Thanks Dante...I always appreciate your input. One thing I read is garlic doesn't have the benefits most are seeking unless it is actually crushed and then used soon after. There is a chemical reaction that takes place where allicin or something of the sort plays a role or is produced....
Garlic in pill/supplement form cannot have the same effect...I wonder if this is true of the immune benefits?

Also, when mentioning pro biotics...do you feel they are more important than pre biotics? I have heard arguments for both but not sure which should be implemented first if you had to go station to station and choose one instead of both.
Going to read up on beta-glucan now!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc