YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fucoxanthin (OTC fat loss pill) - A uncoupler like DNP?

NY Muscle

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Has anyone looked into Fucoxanthin? The info on it and results from human trials are quite remarkable. It raises metabolic rate without raising heart rate. It's an uncoupler like DNP it seems.

Fucoxanthin is a carotenoid derived from a special seaweed that has been extensively studied for its antioxidant powers. Animal studies have demonstrated its beneficial effects in stroke prevention, reduction of inflammation, and slowing the growth of various cancer cell types.

Sorry for any formatting issues. Copying this on my phone:

Impressive Human Studies

But what about fucoxanthin in humans? While research is in its early stages, evidence suggests that when humans supplement with fucoxanthin, they may induce the expression of UCP1 in their stores of white fat, just as the animals did in the Japanese studies.24-28 In the words of one researcher, this makes fucoxanthin an attractive new target for “pharmacological management of complex pathological syndromes such as obesity, type 2 diabetes or chronic inflammatory diseases.”27

Impressive Human Studies

Two groups of researchers are leading the way by studying how fucoxanthin supplements affect fat stores in human subjects. These studies are so recent that they haven’t yet even appeared in print, but we were given the opportunity to review the completed data analyses and report some of the most exciting results here.

The first study was aimed at determining the effects of fucoxanthin supplements, in combination with pomegranate seed oil, on energy expenditure rate in obese, non-diabetic female volunteers.28 Subjects ingested supplements before meals daily for 16 weeks, and all participants were placed on a controlled 1,800-calorie/day diet. Their energy expenditure rate (how much energy their bodies produced over time) was measured using a standard procedure known as indirect calorimetry.

The results were nothing short of astonishing—subjects who took fucoxanthin plus pomegranate seed oil generated greater absolute increases in energy expenditure. These researchers concluded that the combination of fucoxanthin and pomegranate seed oil can significantly increase metabolism and could well have profound anti-obesity properties.

That conclusion was put to the test by the second research group, who studied the impact of the fuco-xanthin-pomegranate seed oil combination on body weight, body and liver fat content, and a variety of plasma risk factor markers in a group of obese, non-diabetic women.18,28,29 The 110 subjects in this placebo-controlled study were randomized into two groups who received the following:

either 200 mg of a proprietary extract that included marine vegetable standardized for fucoxanthin, fucoxanthinol, omega-3 fatty acids, and pomegranate seed oil high in punicic acid or

200 mg placebo.Treatment was given in both groups 15-30 minutes before meals three times per day for 16 weeks in conjunction with an 1,800-calorie/day diet.

Outstanding Results

Sit down for these results—they are stunning. After six weeks on the supplements, there was a statistically significant reduction in body weight in the supplemented group who had normal liver fat content, and by eight weeks the fatty-liver group was also showing significant weight loss, compared with placebo.

By the end of the 16-week study, women with fatty livers had lost an average of more than 15 pounds, compared with just three pounds in their placebo-supplemented peers!

The normal liver-fat group had similar results, losing an average of nearly 14 pounds, compared with just over three pounds in the placebo group.29 In other words, both active groups lost just under a pound a week over the entire study period, which is a healthy, sustainable, and realistic rate of weight loss.

Outstanding Results

Weight loss alone is not the only or even the best marker of improvement in the risks posed by fat. Supplemented patients in this study also demonstrated a significant reduction in visceral fat. Visceral fat is the type of fat that covers the organs of the abdominal cavity like the liver.

No patient in this study reported any side effects. Please note that pomegranate seed oil contains different constituents and functions differently in the body than pomegranate juice extracts.

There are tons of things on Google about it but the info here is from LEF: Safely Burn Away Body Fat - Life Extension
-------------

I just picked up a bottle from Amazon. From my research it seems it can take 4-6 weeks for it to really kick and and should be taken 15+ min before meals. I've seen dosing of 1 to 2 200mg caps 3 times a day.

It seems like a VERY interesting compound and curious if others know much about this stuff or used it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I used it once and felt that it did have a benefit while dieting.

Which brand/product do you think is best?

The reviews on Amazon didn't seem too good

The reviews on Amazon didn't seem too good

I'm not sure if they a) didn't take it long enough. Takes upwards of 16 weeks for it to really work as it builds up in the fat tissue. Or b) they didn't take it pre meals like the studies. I'm going to try it for a few months and see what happens.

I used it once and felt that it did have a benefit while dieting.

Which brand/product do you think is best?

Not sure brand matters at long as it contains the Xanthigen product which is what was used in the studies.

I bought this one:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00280M102/ref=pd_aw_sims_7?pi=SS115&simLd=1"]Garden of Life FucoThin Diet Supplement, 180 Softgels:Amazon:Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71KgmaLFxpL.@@AMEPARAM@@71KgmaLFxpL[/ame]

Last edited:
As long as I ever sold the product this is a first, was there a specific concentration needed?

I'm not sure if they a) didn't take it long enough. Takes upwards of 16 weeks for it to really work as it builds up in the fat tissue. Or b) they didn't take it pre meals like the studies. I'm going to try it for a few months and see what happens.

Keep us posted. It targets abdominal fat too apparently right

Keep us posted. It targets abdominal fat too apparently right

Yes which is what I found dnp did mostly as well.

I used it for three months at 9 caps a day from garden of life, that is there "advanced dose." While safer than other natural uncoplers like usnic acid it did not really seem to do a whole hell of alot. I get more from green tea, rasp ketones, biotin, chromium, and green coffee bean with all carb meals. Now I realize combining 5 products vs 1 is not a fair comparison the cost is about the same.

Bump for more BB relevant info. I've seen this product out , tried it with nominal results. However if a particular form or route or dosage is significant I'd be very interested anyone??

LICSW/MSW/cscs/ USArmyVet

I used it for three months at 9 caps a day from garden of life, that is there "advanced dose." While safer than other natural uncoplers like usnic acid it did not really seem to do a whole hell of alot. I get more from green tea, rasp ketones, biotin, chromium, and green coffee bean with all carb meals. Now I realize combining 5 products vs 1 is not a fair comparison the cost is about the same.

Interesting , I'm with you been there, but I'm open to hearing more info

LICSW/MSW/cscs/ USArmyVet

The one thing that really makes me want to seriously look into this stuff is the significant difference in weight loss between the 2 groups in the study. It wasn't like one group lost 4lbs and the other lost 6. It was like 3lbs compared to 14lbs. And its not a stimulant. Though I know of no other studies that exist.

Anyway I just started today and will try it for a few months. 2 caps 15-20 min before 3 meals.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I believe the study did only use women. Not that that would matter but it COULD. I watched this become the number one seller in the natural products industry when it came out, that means health food stores not bodybuilding supp shops and after the hype died down the sales bottomed out pretty bad. I talked to at least 50 women who used this for months and while I have no idea how they ate or trained they all claimed very little results.

I could be wrong but I believe the study did only use women. Not that that would matter but it COULD. I watched this become the number one seller in the natural products industry when it came out, that means health food stores not bodybuilding supp shops and after the hype died down the sales bottomed out pretty bad. I talked to at least 50 women who used this for months and while I have no idea how they ate or trained they all claimed very little results.

Yeah I hear you. Though most of the studies done in DNP in the 1920's were on women. Either way it seems very interesting just not sure if it will work like it does on paper or at least in that one study.

the possibility that they bought this and continued to eat like shit while waiting for a weight loss miracle to happen is pretty high though

most females are like this

they read somewhere that caffeine helps you lose weight, then they run into starbucks 3 times a day and order an XXL sweet fattuccino with extra cream and think theyll lose weight from that :rolleyes:

its been around for a few years. a couple of companies, cant remember them at the top of my head, pushed this hard. then like most stuff, disappeared. heard mostly negative stuff. doubt it will work. if it did, they would still be selling the stuff.

the possibility that they bought this and continued to eat like shit while waiting for a weight loss miracle to happen is pretty high though

most females are like this

they read somewhere that caffeine helps you lose weight, then they run into starbucks 3 times a day and order an XXL sweet fattuccino with extra cream and think theyll lose weight from that :rolleyes:

TO be fair many men do this as well. I think the disconnect between what is really needed and what people are willing to do is pretty similar between the two sexes.

"Impressive human studies"...Dr. Oz, is that you?:D

its been around for a few years. a couple of companies, cant remember them at the top of my head, pushed this hard. then like most stuff, disappeared. heard mostly negative stuff. doubt it will work. if it did, they would still be selling the stuff.

You must not have read the posts prior to yours?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131