over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The bullshit supplement industry

Good stuff. That protein content list makes me glad I quit taking ON gold standard whey.

Very interesting. I always thought casein was more expensive than whey for a good reason.

Even on truenutrition, the micellar casein is $14.59 a pound versus the WPI which is $11.49.

My wife actually makes cheeze from milk. She lets the milk turn spoil. Then uses chemicals that cause the casein (curd) to separate from the whey. Out of a gallon of milk the final product comes out to about 1/4 casein and 3/4 whey which is a liquid at this point. The casein is then the base of any kind of cheese you want to make.

The casein for a gallon of milk is about the size of a baseball. The liquid whey on the farm was always fed to the pigs. Now if you take this liquid whey and dehydrate the water you will end up with maybe 2-3 table spoons of sweet whey, which is a brown color. So there is a lot less whey from a gallon of milk than casein. The whey at this point has to be refined further before it is used as a protein powder as we know it.

Now, even though I buy from TruNutrition and no one else. If you are going to use casine why not just eat cheese? A pound of mozzarella cheese at a local grocery store here is $5.50/lb. In a 6 slice serving which is 170g, it has 3.7g carbohydrate (1.8g sugar) and 37.7g protein. Micronized Caseine goes for $14.59/lb. in a 30g serving 1.3g are carbohydrates (1.3g sugar) and 25.5g protein. I am thinking the best bang for the buck with casein is cheese.

Now how about whey. We tried to make sweet whey powder for to get a pound of dried sweet whey....1 cup (145g) has 19g protein and 108g carbohydrate (all sugar). Trust me it would take 4-5 gallons of milk to get that much dry sweet whey. Then you have to figure out how to get rid of the sugar. We pay about $2/gal for milk so that is about $10/cup of dried sweet whey. TrueNutrition has a Whey$aver whey protein for $75.98 for 10lbs. A 32oz serving gives you 7g carbohydrate (5g sugar) and 20g protein. This is a good deal, not very tasty but a good deal just the same.

You can buy sweet whey bulk and pay around $4.49/lb but you still have a lot of sugar.

So buying TN's whey protein is still the best bang for the buck when it come to protein consumption. Myself, I would rather get my supply of casein from drinking milk (skim) and/or eating cheese.

Any word on BioX Xtreme Power Whey isolate?
Or even Allmax Nutrition IsoFlex?

Couldn't find these brands on the list

thanks

Last edited:
Any word on BioX Xtreme Power Whey isolate?
Or even Allmax Nutrition IsoFlex?

Couldn't find these brands on the list

thanks

I'm going to take an educated guess without looking at either labels.
CRAP

Pretty good numbers for the cheese, but i dont think i could shit if i ate a pound of cheese everynight.:eek:

FLEX Magazine April 2015 Protein Spiking

page 96 April 2015 Flex Magazine has a two page article on protein spiking.

"the label on your bottle might state "24 grams of protein" when in fact true content is closer to 15, 10 or zero grams."

protein testing with BPI company heavily mentioned. stating an "independent third party" testing lab ChromaDex can separate the imposters. BPI states future protein products will sport "ChromaDex QualityVerified" seal of approval on tubs of protein.

be of interest to follow Arnold's whey product line since they ranked fairly low on the list and he is executive editor of Flex Magazine. (i heard it wasn't selling well to begin with, but have no actual numbers)

like athletes that aggressively find ways to cheat drug tests the sales teams and those down the chain for each company will be looking at any angle to get around low protein content claims.

the loophole is (as has been mentioned in earlier posts here) the nitrogen content measuring. any number of things that aren't actually protein (free form amino acids, creatine and arginine, etc...) can raise a powder's nitrogen level at a fraction of the cost of real whey, allowing them to post INFLATED protein content.

also mentions contaminants can lead to metals and microbiological particles entering into products which can come from anything such as not cleaning equipment or between batch making, etc... unsanitary storing of stock, like we saw in Big A's post on the Vermodje Bust. Vermodje bust - Professional Muscle (Catalan)

lesson reminder = eat a wide range of protein packed foods to ensure you get a variety of amino acids, which you won't get if eating same one or two sources of meat and dairy.

whole foods! free range eggs, grass fed beef and wild caught salmon, etc... everything in moderation. i think we all knew that ...but hard to pass product shelves WRAPPED WITH LOVE... Choice of Champions - TOUTING HUGE GAINS IN 4 WEEKS.

i have often quoted what we do is a lifestyle measured in years and decades not in weeks and months. eugene sandow did not forage his protein from 5lb. mylar wrapped tubs scientifically designed with super advanced NEW ultra wrapped products.

P.S.

dispirited to learn Algore owns my protein source. when i opened the last container a note was included stating i should limit exhaling while lifting to do my part to curb carbon dioxide release into earth's atmosphere.

Not meant to diagnose or treat medical issues. Consumers should be aware this information is satirical and the safety or purported benefits of this dietary supplement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This post is for entertainment purpose only. Not intended to hurt anyone's feelings.

Attachments

• al gore 1st bore copy.jpg
    al gore 1st bore copy.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 651
Good stuff. That protein content list makes me glad I quit taking ON gold standard whey.

ON is quality stuff, it's not the company's fault if you can't read the nutrition label.

protein testing with BPI company heavily mentioned. stating an "independent third party" testing lab ChromaDex can separate the imposters. BPI states future protein products will sport "ChromaDex QualityVerified" seal of approval on tubs of protein.

i have often quoted what we do is a lifestyle measured in years and decades not in weeks and months. eugene sandow did not forage his protein from 5lb. mylar wrapped tubs scientifically designed with super advanced NEW ultra wrapped products.

1) That is a complete conflict of interest! The whole point of a 3rd party testing is they are independent. So you get in bed and partner with a lab? That takes the whole independent 3rd party testing right out the window, they are now your business partner with your best interests in mind. BPI Sports Is First Nutrition Brand to Bring 3rd Party Testing and Quality Verification to Market
And "first company to do 3rd party testing"? What?!?! We all do that! (or are supposed to!) ....Ive always thought how the hell do all these companies have the money to spend 9000-13000 dollar page ads 6 times over in each muscle magazine, sponsor all these contests with banners and money, spend 65 million on advertising costs for 80 million in sales and also have the money to test all their products as much as we do. Now I get it. They don't. And I was starting to think I was a bad businessman. My testing costs for JUST 3 MONTHS EQUALED my entire advertising budget for the entire year of 2014

2) Eugene Sandow didn't have steroids, GH, and all the modern advances of todays bodybuilders either...and he looks like todays modern bodybuilders on their 4th week after starting lifting....I don't get that argument. Its like saying "well they didn't have insulin back in 1780 so let the diabetics today not use insulin also and die"......"oh he has polio? Well then didn't have penicillin in the 1800 so let him become a cripple"

The problem is scam artists and ripoff artists came into this industry to make a fast buck....legitimacy is still legitimacy...the problem is the scam artists. Name an industry that becomes widely spread and Ill show you corruption.

1)...That is a complete conflict of interest! The whole point of a 3rd party testing is they are independent. So you get in bed and partner with a lab?

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT ... the reason for the rest of what was typed about working on angles to get around unethical marketing. i'm on your side.

2) Eugene Sandow didn't have steroids, GH, and all the modern advances of todays bodybuilders either...and he looks like todays modern bodybuilders on their 4th week after starting lifting....I don't get that argument. Its like saying "well they didn't have insulin back in 1780 so let the diabetics today not use insulin also and die"......"oh he has polio? Well then didn't have penicillin in the 1800 so let him become a cripple"

friend you missed my notion on sandow.

it wasn't meant to mull over whether to use a protein supplement. i am not speaking to the longtime lifters who have this foundation of information firmly imbedded - whole foods first, then add-on's to PLACE YOU OVER THE TOP -- whey 90% true content, bcaa's, peptides, and the unmentionables.

many longtime lifters knew at least to shoot for whey isolate and stay away from "whey protein concentrate" and not use supplements as PRIMARY protein ingested. they already had the bedrock physique (beyond sandow) owing usually to discipline and an ultra clean diet of whole foods.

when i typed ... eugene sandow did not forage his protein from 5lb. mylar wrapped tubs scientifically designed with super advanced NEW ultra wrapped products." ----- it was owing to the fact i read on professionalmuscle.com and lesser forums so many that shovel down the tubs of protein/amino acids/peptides believing the promise when they are at the lake in four weeks they can look manly.

if your wish is to develop a frame that stands out - grasp "what we do is a lifestyle measured in years and decades not in weeks and months. - daily whole foods! free range eggs, grass fed beef and wild caught salmon, etc... then the add on supplements PLACE YOU ABOVE and BEYOND the rest of the players."

it won't happen if the true content of your protein supplement has 10% or maybe zero protein content like DOGGCRAPP is pointing out to the bodybuilding community.

eugene sandow reference - explained to the best of my ability.

This information is not meant to diagnose or treat any medical issues. It is not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do u think think of Muscle Tech? i.e. Mass Tech.

There are selling it cheap now in my country.

anyone believe this anonymous quote...

"I've written for bodybuilding magazines for over 35 years, and have had over 5,000 articles published under my own name and various pen names over the years. While bodybuilding and fitness magazines have some great information, there is a limit to how much they can discuss.

The reason for this is advertising constraints. Advertising, particularly from food supplement companies, is the life blood of magazines. They no longer can depend on newsstand sales or subscriptions to cover the ever escalating costs of producing a print magazine. For that, they need a much larger income supplied by having dozens of ads in the magazines.

Indeed, the average bodybuilding magazine often contains up to 65 percent advertising. Because of this, editorial policy decrees that nothing that infuriates any advertiser or potential advertiser will be published. As such, readers will never get the entire truth about nutrition, supplements, and even exercise.

They don't exist to teach and inform, but rather to sell."

This information is for entertainment purposes only and not meant to diagnose or treat medical issues. No purposeful intent to hurt anyone's feelings.

ON is quality and best bang for the buck IMO. Only one I found, in an affordable price rang that really is decent. Good protein sources and next to no fillers.

ON is quality and best bang for the buck IMO. Only one I found, in an affordable price rang that really is decent. Good protein sources and next to no fillers.

True Nutrition is straight whey isolates and ON is not. You can make the same blend as ON. And if you break it down TN is cheaper per pound before shipping. And then there is the discount codes. Not knocking ON, I've used them for years. Quality product but I'm much happier with TN and if you just buy bulk you save money.

True Nutrition is straight whey isolates and ON is not. You can make the same blend as ON. And if you break it down TN is cheaper per pound before shipping. And then there is the discount codes. Not knocking ON, I've used them for years. Quality product but I'm much happier with TN and if you just buy bulk you save money.
100% agreed.

That was a good read brother.. That is why I've stayed away from supplement companies lately due to lack of transparency.. Been sticking to real food of course, but glad to hear that there are still some good guys out there, going to give your company a try on my next order of protein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone believe this anonymous quote...

"I've written for bodybuilding magazines for over 35 years, and have had over 5,000 articles published under my own name and various pen names over the years. While bodybuilding and fitness magazines have some great information, there is a limit to how much they can discuss.

The reason for this is advertising constraints. Advertising, particularly from food supplement companies, is the life blood of magazines. They no longer can depend on newsstand sales or subscriptions to cover the ever escalating costs of producing a print magazine. For that, they need a much larger income supplied by having dozens of ads in the magazines.

Indeed, the average bodybuilding magazine often contains up to 65 percent advertising. Because of this, editorial policy decrees that nothing that infuriates any advertiser or potential advertiser will be published. As such, readers will never get the entire truth about nutrition, supplements, and even exercise.

They don't exist to teach and inform, but rather to sell."

This information is for entertainment purposes only and not meant to diagnose or treat medical issues. No purposeful intent to hurt anyone's feelings.

Did you really need some anonymous writer to tell you that?

I just switched from ON to TN as you know Giant. You are correct. I basically got the isolate for a couple bucks per pound more then the ON whey.

You can't lose with TN, I'll be using them exclusively going forward.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws